The only bug that's annoying imo

vladx

While there are other minor bugs, the one that annoys me a lot is the occurrence of visual artifacts ingame especially when you're switching from desktop to the game and have to wait a few minutes until everything is rendered correctly.

I reported this issue since beta and still BW hasn't come out with a fix. :(

It annoys me SO MUCH taht my companion still doesn't sheath his weapon, or I have to re-apply guard everytime I get off my speeder.

Seems like amateur fixes any freshman programmer can fix; yet its STILL in the game. I just dont get it....

Edited by AnoriOlko

Sound going out is far more annoying IMO, especially since this is the first fully voiced MMO and there's so much emphasis on the sound of this game. Plus now getting random loading screen disconnects.

THIS!!!!

As soon as 1.2 hit the sound problem started... there should have been an emergency fix the same day/hour when it was released to fix the sound issues...

Sound going out is far more annoying IMO, especially since this is the first fully voiced MMO and there's so much emphasis on the sound of this game. Plus now getting random loading screen disconnects.

Luckly for me, I never had any sounds issues except those caused by lag...

While there are other minor bugs, the one that annoys me a lot is the occurrence of visual artifacts ingame especially when you're switching from desktop to the game and have to wait a few minutes until everything is rendered correctly.

that didn't happen to me around the time 1.1 was released

Since 1.2 i can't use my favourite custom quality hooded robe because ALL hooded robes at the Empire side are simply broken. By that i mean that the character's bald skull goes through the hood and is perfectly visible.

Since 1.2 i've become a speeder hater just because now it ALWAYS produce the sound of a moving vehicle, even when you just stay at one place.

Since 1.2 i can't fully customize my characters just because many helms are not shown anymore on both Miraluka and Pureblood.

Ever since i've created my Jedi Knight until the present day i have to skip most of the Jedi robes because i can't stand the 'dat аss' syndrom. Heh, when i look at my male Jedi in such a robe from behind, i see a female figure, with a butt, breasts and stuff.

Video settings... when i have 'character detail - high', my character looks fine but many world objects like mailboxes, mission terminals etc are very blurry. When i have 'character details - low', world objects are fine but my character's outfit is blurry as hell.

I could continue the list, but cba really. It will just make me more annoyed.

they still havent fixed the bounty hunter everlasting blasters bug...this has been there since beta

I constantly hear, "You can stop now, I don't think he's getting up." from guildies in flashpoints and operations.

they still havent fixed the bounty hunter everlasting blasters bug...this has been there since beta

If that's what i think it is, then it's not just BH who experience this bug. I sometimes have an everlasting force lightning animation between my inquisitor and a long-dead mob...

It's these little bugs that annoy me the most. 6 months later and most of the cinematic bugs remain unfixed. Companions not holstering weapons is particularly annoying.

But beyond bugs it's the little things: like...I still can't toggle my hood? Really? In 2012 I can't toggle my hood? Seriously? No helmet/hood toggle for companions? 6 months into the game and nothing like that? No hood/helmet combo? Couldn't get the clipping issues worked out after all this time? Riiiigggghht...

Since .

Since 1.2 i've become a speeder hater just because now it ALWAYS produce the sound of a moving vehicle, even when you just stay at one place.

You can turn off background noise in settings to fix this. I had a similar issue, the Essless FP has lasers cutting through metal (irritating noise) which the imps board the ship through the airlock. The issue is that these noises don't stop until after you complete the area. 5 minutes of non stop laser on metal screeching!

I constantly hear, "You can stop now, I don't think he's getting up." from guildies in flashpoints and operations.

i hear it constantly wherever im at..now i just run around,blasters flailing just to annoy people..but they really should fix this

Probably because it isn't fixable? When you alt-tab out, I expect your video card flushes out all the texture data. When you go back in, it takes a while to load it all back up. I suppose they could (increase) the length of the loadscreen some instead so it waits until all the textures have fully finished loading back up.

But I'd sorta hate that.

Probably because it isn't fixable? When you alt-tab out, I expect your video card flushes out all the texture data. When you go back in, it takes a while to load it all back up. I suppose they could (increase) the length of the loadscreen some instead so it waits until all the textures have fully finished loading back up.

But I'd sorta hate that.

Yes but in most MMOs it's done fast enough to barely notice it. The problem here is no doubt poor engine optimization.

So yes it's 100% fixable unless the rendering algorithms used are so bad that major chnges are needed.

Edited by vladx

THIS!!!!

As soon as 1.2 hit the sound problem started... there should have been an emergency fix the same day/hour when it was released to fix the sound issues...

I have to agree that 1.2 really broke the audio. Music stops in warzones and other places, volume levels messed up.. ah too much to list. Audio bugs galore.

You can turn off background noise in settings to fix this. I had a similar issue, the Essless FP has lasers cutting through metal (irritating noise) which the imps board the ship through the airlock. The issue is that these noises don't stop until after you complete the area. 5 minutes of non stop laser on metal screeching!

Thank you, will try that. A temporary solution, but still better than nothing :)

Change to Full Screen (Windowed Mode) and you won't have to suffer that load screen for any alt+tab, again!

I have to say that i'm playing in fullscreen windowed mod all the time, from the beginning. And i get a loading screen on each 2nd or 3rd alttabbing.

I hate the bug where occasionally in cutscenes all the characters eyes are messed up, or the character textures aren't shown properly, it really annoys me when i start a cutscene and all the characters eyes make them look like killik joiners from alderaan with the black eyes.

It annoys me SO MUCH taht my companion still doesn't sheath his weapon, or I have to re-apply guard everytime I get off my speeder.

Seems like amateur fixes any freshman programmer can fix; yet its STILL in the game. I just dont get it....

Yes...this is very anoying. Irks me my one companion has her double bladed lightsaber out all the time. I mean, that thing would be so dangerous out all the time. A real immersion killer.

I hate the bug where occasionally in cutscenes all the characters eyes are messed up, or the character textures aren't shown properly, it really annoys me when i start a cutscene and all the characters eyes make them look like killik joiners from alderaan with the black eyes.

I had that problem also until I enabled "Depth of Conversations" under the video options. The tool tip does not explain well enough what it does, mainly says it will increase frame rates. I hav'nt noticed any difference with my fps with it off or on.

Edited by Valkirus

As annoying as the endless blasters bug is when I'm playing my Bounty Hunter, at least I can fix that with a quick Recharge & Reload. The sound bugs are the most annoying, because they kill immersion, they disorient me in PVP, and there's nothing you can do without resetting the client.

Also, my poor Mako was bald for a while, until a guildie gave me a new orange shirt for her. She had that headpiece that looks reminiscent of classic night vision goggles along with epic medium armor that had a hood. The headset was visible; the hood was automatically down, and she was bald. Looked like a creepy cyborg, so much so my guildie gave me an outfit for free, so she'd stop creeping him out. XD

Whats wrong with that the companions don't sheaths its weapon?

I think its hilarious everytime my padawan Kira dont sheath her double bladed lightsaber and its sticks out from her

breast and head :p

BW should have made this conversion happen when she forget to sheath her lightsaber:

Me: Combat finished! (unsheaths lightsabers)

Kira: AAAAHH!!!

Me: I told you padawan, to have your lightsaber sticking out from

your breast and head is a painfull way to carry it!

Kira: AAAAH ITS HURTS!!!

:p

All this bugs may be annoying but at least there is one bug that reaaly is hilarious.

If you play as ajedi/sith and dont turn of your lightsabers before you start a conversation

your (and your companions if they have their lightsaber on) willl be floating in

the background when your talking. And the best of all is that its only the lightsabers "blade"

that you see.

So everytime you start a conversation your charachter and/or companion use the Force to realese the blade from the hilt and then let the lightsabers float in the air while talking :p

Its always makes me smile when I see this:)

Here I and my padawan both respected jedies makes some crazy force

tricks while talking about millitary operations, sith invasions etc. I meen why do they do that?

Shouldn't they focus on the task they are given instead of playing with the Force?

It seems like the Jedi order has to take a little talk with me and my companion about having our mind focused :p