Snipers need an urget nerf

ZeusThunder

this game will never have balanced pvp classes, so get used to it or avoid taking them on or reroll a class that can deal with them.

bioware have failed in almost every respect with regards to pvp....... do you expect any less ?

lol balanced in the fact of what? 1v1 or in team play? Because one of those two it's balanced.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Series of shots is ridic... ranged ravage, WHAT? You should talk about how all those have 20% armor pen too and if ambush is talented, which i believe with the way you're talking about it it is, then it's like 40% on that... ridic.

40% armor pen vs untargettable cloaked target = 0 damage

40% armor pen vs 99% damage reduction undying rage = 6 damage

:p

we have defensive tools but these don't compare at all to the defensive cooldowns that maras/sents have:

Having 35m's of range is a defense and being able to take no damage from and do damage is sufficient enough.

- i can be in cover facing them and maras/sents still jump to me... it's happened... if that should not be possible in any way, shape or form, please let me know and i'll report it the next time it happens to me... otherwise, 35m is good but can be easily countered...

Then Saber ward is also useless since it doesn't block force and tech attacks, reduces damage but not block them

- evasion and shield probe are are 2 main damage reduction abilities, the rest are just cc's... as defensive abilities, they pretty much suck overall... if evasion blocked all damage including force and tech for 3 sec rather than just melee and ranged, it would be slightly better and not OP... but it isn't...

flashbang - breaks on damage - fills up 75%? resolve

5 seconds to run away, you can go lethality pop it and counter measure and get quite a distance, I believe lethality also increases speed by 15% for 4 seconds too if you use your stun, so you can stun run and keep doing damage.

- am not lethality spec, otherwise, great if you want to stop em, and have nobody attack the target, and don't care if it fills their resolve...

leg shot - lasts 2 sec

Last's up to 5 seconds, you can still explosive probe take cover and put out a ambush before the target can even move again.

it breaks on damage after 2 sec, and it can also get deflected at times... :mad: it's useful but sometimes all it does is delay the inevitable by a GCD...

cover pulse - knockback

Also has up to a 5 second root on it in which case my last statement sir.

true but it also has a 30 sec cooldown which means it can only be used once during a fight

shield probe - protects about ~ 3000 damage of protection

How does this work? I'm confused by this ability as it gives no real description in the tool tip on how effective it really is.

i honestly didn't know this either, so i went here - http://www.torhead.com/ability/8zIyFyh/shield-probe#comments

i have about 300 bonus healing i think (i'm at work) so using that calc, i got that number... i could be totally wrong as well... either way, it helps a little but most of the time i end up dead... :p

debilate - 4 sec stun

I think i already commented about this look up to see what was said.

talented knock back

they are used to prolong your life yes, but none of them are get out of jail free cards...

They should all give you enough time to continue doing damage to your opponent while taking none and should help a ton.

yes sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't... which is absolutely fine...

Snipers while in cover are immune to interrupts, leaps, and pulls and they have an ability that makes them immune to all forms of CC on cooldown while their damage is equal or better to all other DPS classes. This in itself is overpowered.

Forget the nerf Marauder threads, let's get Snipers nerfed already this is ridiculous.

LMAO! A sniper nerf thread, Now I've seen everything.

I'm sorry friend but unless your a level 50 with 0 Expertise you should have no trouble fighting and killing snipers.

I play a Commando witch has been hit hard by many nerfs recently and I absolutely destroy them 90% of the time.

I have fought some skilled Leth ones though that can put up a great fight.

Snipers while in cover are immune to interrupts, leaps, and pulls and they have an ability that makes them immune to all forms of CC on cooldown while their damage is equal or better to all other DPS classes. This in itself is overpowered.

Forget the nerf Marauder threads, let's get Snipers nerfed already this is ridiculous.

Cool story, bro!

Snipers are turrets...good damage when they stand still, but close the distance, los them and there's nothing they can do to stop you.

Also entrench lasts for 20 seconds...if they move it's cancelled, use that time to use powerful aoe abilities(orbital strike, lightning storm) and they will move.

^^ This

Edited by HraefnDeus

40% armor pen vs untargettable cloaked target = 0 damage

40% armor pen vs 99% damage reduction undying rage = 6 damage

:p

35m range max you have 31m's of 0 damage, ontop of 2 knockbacks 1 with root and 1 extra root.

we have defensive tools but these don't compare at all to the defensive cooldowns that maras/sents have:

Having 35m's of range is a defense and being able to take no damage from and do damage is sufficient enough.

- i can be in cover facing them and maras/sents still jump to me... it's happened... if that should not be possible in any way, shape or form, please let me know and i'll report it the next time it happens to me... otherwise, 35m is good but can be easily countered...

BS. The leap button doesn't even light up if you target a sniper in cover, if i watn to leap close to a sniper i pick someone that is close to him. You should probably get documented proof of this happening and report it as a bug.

Then Saber ward is also useless since it doesn't block force and tech attacks, reduces damage but not block them

- evasion and shield probe are are 2 main damage reduction abilities, the rest are just cc's... as defensive abilities, they pretty much suck overall... if evasion blocked all damage including force and tech for 3 sec rather than just melee and ranged, it would be slightly better and not OP... but it isn't...

They are CC's that are given to be used defensively and no they don't suck overall.

flashbang - breaks on damage - fills up 75%? resolve

5 seconds to run away, you can go lethality pop it and counter measure and get quite a distance, I believe lethality also increases speed by 15% for 4 seconds too if you use your stun, so you can stun run and keep doing damage.

- am not lethality spec, otherwise, great if you want to stop em, and have nobody attack the target, and don't care if it fills their resolve...

I was just saying you do have the tools to stay ranged.

leg shot - lasts 2 sec

Last's up to 5 seconds, you can still explosive probe take cover and put out a ambush before the target can even move again.

it breaks on damage after 2 sec, and it can also get deflected at times... :mad: it's useful but sometimes all it does is delay the inevitable by a GCD...

Yeah i noticed it can which is quite lame but the samething happens to charge too, charge to a target "parry" oh hey they didn't get rooted. The roots should go through no matter what.

cover pulse - knockback

Also has up to a 5 second root on it in which case my last statement sir.

true but it also has a 30 sec cooldown which means it can only be used once during a fight

It's good enough.

How does this work? I'm confused by this ability as it gives no real description in the tool tip on how effective it really is.

i honestly didn't know this either, so i went here - http://www.torhead.com/ability/8zIyFyh/shield-probe#comments

i have about 300 bonus healing i think (i'm at work) so using that calc, i got that number... i could be totally wrong as well... either way, it helps a little but most of the time i end up dead... :p

debilate - 4 sec stun

I think i already commented about this look up to see what was said.

talented knock back

they are used to prolong your life yes, but none of them are get out of jail free cards...

They should all give you enough time to continue doing damage to your opponent while taking none and should help a ton.

yes sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't... which is absolutely fine...

Our posts look like a damn rainbow now!!! Lol. On paper snipers can look op'ed... then again so can every other class.

leg shot - lasts 2 sec

Actually, it lasts up to 8 seconds. Leg shot is a really good root even with breaking on damage, but not that game-changing when we have 30m gap closers which all have roots, and offensive pulls. Leg shot is the Marks spec sniper's off-switch for Cloak of Pain.

Shield Probe is rubbish - you probably do not have 300 bonus healing, in full BM I had around 230, on a good day a sniper might have 250.

250 bonus healing means your probe will absorb about 1.5k, if you spend two (utterly utterly pointlessly wasted) talent points on it it will absorb just over 2k. On a 45 second cooldown. I have no idea where the rumours started that it absorbed 3k+ which is stil bad on a 45sec cooldown..

Edited by Altruismo

They are CC's that are given to be used defensively and no they don't suck overall.

meant to say that evasion and shield probe relatively suck as defensive abilities, the cc's are useful though...

like i mentioned before, tankassassins/sents rip me up because range means nothing to them when cloaked and i have no defense against their attacks...

mara's/sents i am starting to do better against cuz i'm learning what their cooldowns and limitations are... often though, there are so many in a wz, i can use my cooldowns to counter 1 but even if i win, i have nothing to counter the 2nd and 3rd... ah well...

mara's/sents i am starting to do better against cuz i'm learning what their cooldowns and limitations are... often though, there are so many in a wz, i can use my cooldowns to counter 1 but even if i win, i have nothing to counter the 2nd and 3rd... ah well...

You should probably do this for every class. Go check out how they work, what to interrupt, what to CC through, all that jazz, that's what i've done the whole time with my marauder.

And most marauders might get 4 seconds of you not damaging them but they're going to stand in that place you leg shot them.

Actually, it lasts up to 8 seconds. Leg shot is a really good root even with breaking on damage, but not that game-changing when we have 30m gap closers which all have roots, and offensive pulls. Leg shot is the Marks spec sniper's off-switch for Cloak of Pain.

Shield Probe is rubbish - you probably do not have 300 bonus healing, in full BM I had around 230, on a good day a sniper might have 250.

250 bonus healing means your probe will absorb about 1.5k, if you spend two (utterly utterly pointlessly wasted) talent points on it it will absorb just over 2k. On a 45 second cooldown. I have no idea where the rumours started that it absorbed 3k+ which is stil bad on a 45sec cooldown..

i'll check when i get home what bonus healing i have... but ya, i could be totally wrong with how much is absorbed... i just went to that link and tried using the formula with that random 300 number lol...

either way, i agree... shield probe is garbage... it's like taking a placebo pill... it just makes me feel slightly better when i have it on, when in reality it probably is doing jack #2...

BW please make it 99% damage mitigation, i want to run through the huttball fires too! :D

Lethality can spec for a 6 seconds 30% snare, but otherwise it does not play nice with other Sniper CC.

Leth is built on a DoT foundation, and needs 2 DoTs for damage and often also DoTs on multiple targets for energy regen, meaning ticks once every ~1.5 seconds will break a root or mezz.

i'll check when i get home what bonus healing i have... but ya, i could be totally wrong with how much is absorbed... i just went to that link and tried using the formula with that random 300 number lol...

either way, i agree... shield probe is garbage... it's like taking a placebo pill... it just makes me feel slightly better when i have it on, when in reality it probably is doing jack #2...

BW please make it 99% damage mitigation, i want to run through the huttball fires too! :D

You may just be miscalculating.

It's 931 + 259% of your bonus healing, so for 300 bonus healing that is:

931 + 2.59*300 = 1677 (edit: LOL maths fail, I should add 931, not 900 - it's 1708)

Like I said, a PVP geared sniper in full WH with augs might end up around 250 (maybe 260) bonus healing.

The deceptive effect with shield probe is that the droid stays orbiting for the full 15 seconds, even long after the absorb has been spent.

Edited by Altruismo

bahahahha! good one bro! oh wait..your serious?

To the OP....

Ever hear of a thing known as LOS (line of sight). You know when you are being targeted. All you have to do is get out of the way. Use a wall or a rock, ANYTHING! After that they are just stationary saber magnets or getting back stabbed by OPS and SMUGGS.

Lethality can spec for a 6 seconds 30% snare, but otherwise it does not play nice with other Sniper CC.

Leth is built on a DoT foundation, and needs 2 DoTs for damage and often also DoTs on multiple targets for energy regen, meaning ticks once every ~1.5 seconds will break a root or mezz.

The roots should only break on direct damage IMO.

The roots should only break on direct damage IMO.

I'd love to agree with you, but I know I'd be OP through the roof (as a Leth sniper) if that was the case.

I could land my whole set-up rotation before cover pulse root even wore off, and then still have 8 seconds of legshot up my sleeve to make distance.

Edited by Altruismo

I'd love to agree with you, but I know I'd be OP through the roof (as a Leth sniper) if that was the case.

I could land my whole set-up rotation before cover pulse root even wore off, and then still have 8 seconds of legshot up my sleeve to make distance.

Application of dots should break it, just like it should interrupt casting on objectives but the dots ticking should not.

Application of dots should break it, just like it should interrupt casting on objectives but the dots ticking should not.

Even so - Dart -> CG -> legshot -> run to 30m, time probe+ambush to hit ~ 8 second mark-> cull -> CG (snare) -> dart -> Gap closed on foot -> Cover pulse -> make 2 seconds of space -> ambush -> Leg shot -> 30m, etc.

Obviously this is oversimplified and presumes the target is slightly retarded, but you could get very close to this kind of mileage on any Melee depending on cooldowns, just apply DoTs before roots and you're golden (sniper DoTs are 18 - 30 seconds depending on Leth spec)

As it is, if I get to start a fight at 30+m it takes a very good melee player blowing a few cooldowns to stand a chance against me, I find this to be fair because if the fight starts at ~4m I'm the one that has to work really hard.

But if you give me an extra ~16 seconds of root/mezz in any given fight, it's a seriously busted system tipped heavily in my favour.

did you notice how we are not immune to damage?

did you notice that we have no "good" defensive abilities?

did you notice we have no heals?

since marauders and snipers are the DPS classes with no heals, we will gladly also take the 6 sec 99% damage immunity and stealth ability to make us OP... ;)

ah you're rolling a sniper now... excellent!

don't cry if you find you're not in god mode like you expected...

THIS

Anyone who hasn't truely played a sniper/gunslinger yet will something think they are, could, would be a sweet class to play. Until they play one... :)

GS was/is my first and still my main. I have one of everything else or it's mirror.

I can tell you this. My GS is still my hardest character to play...but I'm glad as H.E. Double Hockey Sticks! he was my first char! Everything...literally EVERYONE of my alts feels like I'm in godmode compared to my GS! And my Powertech...haha forget it. I just own on him after knowing the ins and out of survivability I learned from my Gunslinger!

Love the GS/Sniper class to death...but /gunslingerlove is needed

$.02

Edited by DarthLightSide