Snipers need an urget nerf

ZeusThunder

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Snipers do not need a nerf. I play a Marauder, so calling this a subtle defense of my own class would probably be at least somewhat accurate. But people need to embrace two concepts.

Not every class is designed for 1v1 fighting.

When the classes that are, win a 1v1 fight, they are not OP, they are just fulfilling their role. Hmm I guess that is really just 1 concept.

Snipers are a nightmare for melee DPS. They can start attacking you about a 1/2 hour before you reach them, you can't gap close on them, and when you jog up to them, they usually just end up stunning you and running away, so you have to repeat the whole process, and then die. Do they need to be nerf'd? No. Because if I am ripping off my shirt and running across a football field to bash on someone that is shooting me the whole time, I'm the one that needs to L2P. Now if they are shooting someone else, and I can run up behind them? Then it's on.

They also have plenty of instant abilities to supplement their style... and giant chunks of metal stapled to their bodies.

I hope you're being sarcastic here. Commando is the weakest dps class in pvp atm

Snipers while in cover are immune to interrupts, leaps, and pulls and they have an ability that makes them immune to all forms of CC on cooldown while their damage is equal or better to all other DPS classes. This in itself is overpowered.

Forget the nerf Marauder threads, let's get Snipers nerfed already this is ridiculous.

did you notice how we are not immune to damage?

did you notice that we have no "good" defensive abilities?

did you notice we have no heals?

since marauders and snipers are the DPS classes with no heals, we will gladly also take the 6 sec 99% damage immunity and stealth ability to make us OP... ;)

ah you're rolling a sniper now... excellent!

don't cry if you find you're not in god mode like you expected...

since marauders and snipers are the DPS classes with no heals, we will gladly also take the 6 sec 99% damage immunity and stealth ability to make us OP... ;)

My previous ranged DPS class was a Mercenary so Sniper actually does feel like God mode to me...

At least annilhilation maras get small heals with critical dots...

Snipers can be pretty frustrating in 1-49, but who cares?? By the time you hit 50 WZ's you should be playing with people competent/geared/utility enough to handle them. I'm not saying that they're either OP or easy to shut down. A good sniper can wreak some havok for sure. I'm just wondering if the TC is battling through the 1-49 sniper frustration or if this comment is actually directed at 50 pvp. I don't think snipers need a nerf. I think this post was probably made after several frustrating matches against some good snipers.

No but i did notice how you get 30% damage reduction every 6 seconds.

No but i did notice how you have evasion, flashbang, leg shot, cover pulse, shield probe, debilate, and a talented knock back on your hardest hitting move.

No but I did notice you have a 35m range with a ton of things to keep people at ranged off of you.

Snipers don't need undying rage or a stealth, you have countermeasures that can be talented to remove all movement impairing effects in your most mobile tree.

Snipers are straight up fine.

Snipers do not need a nerf. I play a Marauder, so calling this a subtle defense of my own class would probably be at least somewhat accurate. But people need to embrace two concepts.

Not every class is designed for 1v1 fighting.

When the classes that are, win a 1v1 fight, they are not OP, they are just fulfilling their role. Hmm I guess that is really just 1 concept.

Snipers are a nightmare for melee DPS. They can start attacking you about a 1/2 hour before you reach them, you can't gap close on them, and when you jog up to them, they usually just end up stunning you and running away, so you have to repeat the whole process, and then die. Do they need to be nerf'd? No. Because if I am ripping off my shirt and running across a football field to bash on someone that is shooting me the whole time, I'm the one that needs to L2P. Now if they are shooting someone else, and I can run up behind them? Then it's on.

at least one person gets it

My previous ranged DPS class was a Mercenary so Sniper actually does feel like God mode to me...

glad you like it... come back here at 50 and tell us if you feel the same way... watch out for tankassins...

there's reasons why nobody says "NERF SNIPERS!!!"

Snipers while in cover are immune to interrupts, leaps, and pulls and they have an ability that makes them immune to all forms of CC on cooldown while their damage is equal or better to all other DPS classes. This in itself is overpowered.

Forget the nerf Marauder threads, let's get Snipers nerfed already this is ridiculous.

i wont apologize for killing you

repeatedly

and enjoying it

learn how to move

learn how to use your defensive cooldowns

learn how to pop stimpacks

and for god sakes, dont just stand there spinning around in a circle like a moron while i keep shooting you....

If all classes are OP, because a good player can kill anyone in 3-4 GCD

Nerf DPS expertise, Buff damage reduction expertise = Omg we have a good game again.... 1.2 S**ks and we all know it.. If you don’t agree u play a pure dps spec and never play anything else. I use to play tank, healer, and dps.. Now sadly DPS is all there is left to do in pvp.

No but i did notice how you get 30% damage reduction every 6 seconds.

No but i did notice how you have evasion, flashbang, leg shot, cover pulse, shield probe, debilate, and a talented knock back on your hardest hitting move.

No but I did notice you have a 35m range with a ton of things to keep people at ranged off of you.

Snipers don't need undying rage or a stealth, you have countermeasures that can be talented to remove all movement impairing effects in your most mobile tree.

Snipers are straight up fine.

first of all and most importantly, i agree, we are straight up fine... which is why nobody screams NERF EM!

FYI MM snipers can't get that version of countermeasures, only lethality snipers can get that...

we have defensive tools but these don't compare at all to the defensive cooldowns that maras/sents have:

evasion - works against ranged and melee, useless against force and tech :confused: - lasts only 3 sec

flashbang - breaks on damage - fills up 75%? resolve

leg shot - lasts 2 sec

cover pulse - knockback

shield probe - protects about ~ 3000 damage of protection

debilate - 4 sec stun

talented knock back

they are used to prolong your life yes, but none of them are get out of jail free cards...

no we don't need undying rage or stealth... if we did, we definitely would be OP! (which was my point in my original post)

but hell that would be awesome if we were getting attacked and we could cloak out for 4 sec and get away...

or

if we were below 30% health and were near invulnerable for 6 sec... that would allow me to do my two hardest hitting abilities - 3 sec series of shots + explosive probe + procc'd ambush...

yes plz!

Just that they can't interrupt my casts is enough

the dps geared tank sages on my server can tear me apart...

i can blow each and every one of my defensive cooldowns, and still die in what feels like 5 seconds... we have no defense against force and tech attacks (yellow damage)...

and if by some miracle, you can get them down close to death... they just cloak and reset the encounter...

notice how not being interruptted meant diddly squat...

first of all and most importantly, i agree, we are straight up fine... which is why nobody screams NERF EM!

FYI MM snipers can't get that version of countermeasures, only lethality snipers can get that...

I know this. I said your best mobility tree can get it.

we have defensive tools but these don't compare at all to the defensive cooldowns that maras/sents have:

Having 35m's of range is a defense and being able to take no damage from and do damage is sufficient enough.

evasion - works against ranged and melee, useless against force and tech :confused: - lasts only 3 sec

Then Saber ward is also useless since it doesn't block force and tech attacks, reduces damage but not block them

flashbang - breaks on damage - fills up 75%? resolve

5 seconds to run away, you can go lethality pop it and counter measure and get quite a distance, I believe lethality also increases speed by 15% for 4 seconds too if you use your stun, so you can stun run and keep doing damage.

leg shot - lasts 2 sec

Last's up to 5 seconds, you can still explosive probe take cover and put out a ambush before the target can even move again.

cover pulse - knockback

Also has up to a 5 second root on it in which case my last statement sir.

shield probe - protects about ~ 3000 damage of protection

How does this work? I'm confused by this ability as it gives no real description in the tool tip on how effective it really is.

debilate - 4 sec stun

I think i already commented about this look up to see what was said.

talented knock back

they are used to prolong your life yes, but none of them are get out of jail free cards...

They should all give you enough time to continue doing damage to your opponent while taking none and should help a ton.

no we don't need undying rage or stealth... if we did, we definitely would be OP! (which was my point in my original post)

but hell that would be awesome if we were getting attacked and we could cloak out for 4 sec and get away...

or

if we were below 30% health and were near invulnerable for 6 sec... that would allow me to do my two hardest hitting abilities - 3 sec series of shots + explosive probe + procc'd ambush...

yes plz!

Series of shots is ridic... ranged ravage, WHAT? You should talk about how all those have 20% armor pen too and if ambush is talented, which i believe with the way you're talking about it it is, then it's like 40% on that... ridic.

Snipers are FINE.

They can be very effective in PVP and are difficult to deal with as a 'certain FotM class', but are also very challenging to play effectively.

The typical 'I R A TURRET!!1" Baddie gets stomped handily.

Sniper has plenty to not be a turret... it's amazing and wondering how it compares to WoW hunter once i hit 50 with the class.

this game will never have balanced pvp classes, so get used to it or avoid taking them on or reroll a class that can deal with them.

bioware have failed in almost every respect with regards to pvp....... do you expect any less ?