Underworld Trading

G_Vega

Is it me, or does this crew skill seem a little out of whack? I am attempting to gather materials at the moment. I am looking to get grade 5 and 6 underworld metals, grade 6 artifact fragments and power crystals, and grade 5 scavenged metals and compounds. I load up my archaeologist, and I see 5 grade 6 missions. The low timer is 31:12, and the high time is 36:00. The low price is 1415, and the high price is 1485. I then load up my underworld trader and see low timer for grade 6 items is 1:02:24, and the high time is 1:02:24 (grade 5 companion gifts excluded) . The low price is 1700 and the high price is 1700. If I throw in the price of the grade 5 companion gifts the time is 31:12 for 2125 credits. Scavenging seems to line up with Archaeology as far as price and time, but not UT.

Why is this?

I do not have a level 400 slicer, investigator, diplomat, or bio-analyzer yet, so I cannot compare those. Are those as pricey as UT at 400?

its probably to do with the amount of mats needed to craft with, this is an example of a made up chest pieces

you need

green chest piece

scavenged metals 4

scavenged compands 6

flux 4

blue chest piece

scavenged metal 4

scavenged compound 6

flux 4

underworld metal 2

purple chest piece

scavenged metal 4

scavenged compound 6

flux 4

uderwold metal 2

rare underworld metal 2

so you can see the underworld metal is used in less quantity, and only used in higher grade gear, that makes it more valuable. which explain why it takes longer to acquire. whereas the scavenged mats are in all the gear and used in larger quantity's, so it makes sense that it would be easier to obtain

its probably to do with the amount of mats needed to craft with, this is an example of a made up chest pieces

you need

green chest piece

scavenged metals 4

scavenged compands 6

flux 4

blue chest piece

scavenged metal 4

scavenged compound 6

flux 4

underworld metal 2

purple chest piece

scavenged metal 4

scavenged compound 6

flux 4

uderwold metal 2

rare underworld metal 2

so you can see the underworld metal is used in less quantity, and only used in higher grade gear, that makes it more valuable. which explain why it takes longer to acquire. whereas the scavenged mats are in all the gear and used in larger quantity's, so it makes sense that it would be easier to obtain

Not all THAT familiar with armormech, but from what I remember synthweaving, it's usually more:

blue:

2 white

6 Power Crystal

4 Artifact

4 blue

purple

2 white

6 power

4 artifact

2 purple

(no blue)

Blue consumption to other consumption tends to be fairly evenish for blues in synthweaving. IIRC bracers/belts it's 2 of each.

Is it me, or does this crew skill seem a little out of whack? I am attempting to gather materials at the moment. I am looking to get grade 5 and 6 underworld metals, grade 6 artifact fragments and power crystals, and grade 5 scavenged metals and compounds. I load up my archaeologist, and I see 5 grade 6 missions. The low timer is 31:12, and the high time is 36:00. The low price is 1415, and the high price is 1485. I then load up my underworld trader and see low timer for grade 6 items is 1:02:24, and the high time is 1:02:24 (grade 5 companion gifts excluded) . The low price is 1700 and the high price is 1700. If I throw in the price of the grade 5 companion gifts the time is 31:12 for 2125 credits. Scavenging seems to line up with Archaeology as far as price and time, but not UT.

Why is this?

I do not have a level 400 slicer, investigator, diplomat, or bio-analyzer yet, so I cannot compare those. Are those as pricey as UT at 400?

I'd just like to open up Underworld Trading and have more than 1 or 2 metal gathering missions. As it is now, it's usually 4 to 5 companion gift missions each time.

Edit: just now - 3 rich yield companion gift missions, 1 moderate metal, 1 abundant fabric.

I cannot fathom why the system favors companion gift missions so much.

Edited by Raeln

The mission quests will always cost more, those are where you get the pretty purples you need for crafting really high end gear.

I'd just like to reliably get mission quests that are not companion gifts.

At 400 you should be getting either 2 companion missions and 3 mats missions or 3 companion missions and 2 very weak mat missions.

Take this opportunity to better your character and farm the companion missions for alts, +10 presence adds up on 8 characters. I know +400 presence would be a real good thing for my legacy.

At 400 you should be getting either 2 companion missions and 3 mats missions or 3 companion missions and 2 very weak mat missions.

Take this opportunity to better your character and farm the companion missions for alts, +10 presence adds up on 8 characters. I know +400 presence would be a real good thing for my legacy.

I have 8 companions maxed already.

Just this weekend, I had at least one time where all 5 missions were companion gifts. It's commonly 4 gift missions and 1 fabric - with no metals missions at all. I really wish we could just select what type of mission we wanted and get 5 randoms of that type. I would like to exclude fabric missions altogether for now.

Edited by Raeln