Scoundrel heal spam

djkalman

Hello everyone,

I recently saw a scoundrel (healer) lvl48 on a warzone just spaming and injection to him while he had 2 attacking him, he kept spaming and injection to himself like a stim or a medpack but constantly and he was able to heal himself more than the damage he was receiving, so I am wondering how they do it? Do operatives have the capability to do it aswell?

Such a Scoundrel will actually be benefiting from 3-4 heals in total, depending on how you count them. Firstly he'll have two stacks of Slow Release Medpac on himself (18s HOT), then he'll probably also have Kolto Cloud running (6s HOT, quite strong.) With both of those HOTs on you it becomes possible to keep yourself alive by spamming Emergency Medpac as long as the DPS attacking you are pretty bad. All it takes is one stun when you are in the 25-40% range and you'll be dead before it wears off (so if attacking them save your CC for the end of the fight.) Against two competent DPS while a Scoundrel can keep themselves alive for a long time without either Guard, Taunts or a second healer they should go down eventually. And yes, mirror classes have mirror abilities....

Scoundrels/Operatives have an insta-cast heal that costs no energy, but it requires and consumes the Upper Hand proc. However, there is a talent that immediately re-grants Upper Hand if you use the heal when you are below 30% health.

There are a lot of ways for these guys to get Upper Hand as well:

killing someone

using their melee blaster whip

dodging an attack (I believe)

Their stackable HOT can proc and grant it

Their big heal gives it, but takes a long time to cast and is easy to interrupt

So if you have low accuracy and you're attacking them and/or get in melee range, they can get Upper Hand and spam heal themselves while below 30% hp.