Server transfers and Guild banks

Shredzz

I know theres many posts regarding server transfers but has the question popped up when they become available and lets say me and my guild move to another server, will we be able to transfer our guild bank over in the new guild we make? since it cost us a damn lot to get those tabs, would hate to see it wasted and start from scratch.

I know theres many posts regarding server transfers but has the question popped up when they become available and lets say me and my guild move to another server, will we be able to transfer our guild bank over in the new guild we make? since it cost us a damn lot to get those tabs, would hate to see it wasted and start from scratch.

I would like to know this as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to know the same thing.

My guild is actually probably the most active guild on our server right now. I think we are the only ones doing 16 man runs. We have millions invested in the guild bank. We don't want to lose this if we are forced to transfer servers.

Do not want to lose our guild name either. We had it for the last decade and We also got it the first day we were able to create it on the TOR website.

Long story short Bioware, We have a lot invested in our guilds and banks and we want to play on populated servers. I know you guys don't typically punish us for these kinds of things, but it would be nice to have someone from the team confirm that we will be able to pick up the guild as a whole and move it all over at once.

Something else i would be interested in is a list of servers that are going to be able to be transfer-ed to before they happen, because if our server is going to be transfer-ed to then it would be nice to know ahead of time so we don't have to worry about the transfers at all. Or if we have to transfer it would be nice to plan ahead and decide on a server if there are multiple choices.

Thanks,

Xavior- Leader of the Dark Knights- Saber of Exar Kun

Edited by Xavior

...My guild is actually probably the most active guild on our server right now. I think we are the only ones doing 16 man runs. We have millions invested in the guild bank. We don't want to lose this if we are forced to transfer servers.

Do not want to lose our guild name either. We had it for the last decade and We also got it the first day we were able to create it on the TOR website...

I suspect this is one of the reasons BW is avoiding server mergers and going with transfers instead. Mergers are arbitrary and forced upon players and can have negative outcomes. Usually one server is host or target, and the other server is the merging server.

All players with dup names have to be dealt with. All guilds with dup names have to be dealt with. Back when SOE did mergers in EQ2, I recall people with dup names that came from the lower pop merging server were forced to have an X at the end of their name after the merger. They were allowed a free name change if they liked, but obviously they could NOT keep their original name as it was previously owned by someone else on the target server.

Transfers are another story, simply because you can CHOOSE not to transfer and avoid losing your name or guild name. Of course you also are CHOOSING to stay on an empty server, (especially when all the other rats have swam to shore) just to avoid the name loss.

I too am curious how BW will be dealing with these issues. Will guild leaders get the option to transfer the guild tag along with each member that is transfering or will this be individual accounts only, with the need to reform the guild on the new server (possibly requiring a different name). Surely everyone will want to know which handful of servers will be the target servers that we have the choice to move to ahead of time.