1.3 LFG Tool - not cross realm (speculation)

Urdnaxela

lol, did you really just say that?? Rofl. Thaty just proves how bad the game is. They have to give incentives and bonuses for people to run the dungeons. Jesus, they were handing out free copies of D3 just to keep players.

erm... really...

i never ran hc's in WoW for the buff/incentive. i always tried to ran them with guildies or friends and if none or to few were available i would just hit the LFG tool.

i never saw anything wrong in encouraging people to run them. yes, give them a bit of an incentive - which should compensate for not having a homogeneous group (because you know, usually when playing with guildies and/or other friends you kind of know what the other person is going to do, you know what to expect, things go more smoothly and so on).

and another thing - you start to sound just like a l33t that denies other people's chance to run content simply because they would be able to get the rewards from that content. yes, don't give them for free, of course, but why moan and whine over something that does NOT affect your experience but lets others, less fortunate (they might not have such a PVE strong guild, they might be in a roleplay guild) to experience the same content by giving them a slight advantage?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to generalize. Incorrectly.

Yeah it was, sorry. i really have nothing against roleplayers, you may be one that isnt clueless, but since i found out most of these guys battling against x-server are roleplayers and thats why they dont want it, Ive suddenly become alot less fond of roleplayers.

Edited by Mallorik

I would really like to know if patch 1.3 (with the added LFG tool) will coincide with the transfers.

Thank you.

Sounds like it. If anything xfers will come well before 1.3 IMO. They said transfers are coming in "early summer" no? Well we're pretty much 1/2 a month away from summer and there is hardly even any news on 1.3 going around, much less anything on the PTS so ...

Unless they plan on hardly testing 1.3 out (hoping they learned their lesson with the 1.2 mess we had which was only tested for about a month) and barring any delays to their development ... we SHOULD see transfers happening sooner than 1.3.

Gonna do a quick test. Logging in my WoW account with my DK tank and taking my Tanksin to Fleet. Gonna see how long it takes for each to get a group. Then lets see people try and defend not having a LFG system. I play games for fun and enjoying some instance/dungeon/FP or whatever you wanna call them.

Time for group in WoW: 5 seconds.

Time for group in this game:

Edited by Dabrixmgp

What facts? That WoW has become a barren wasteland except for the citties?

You're giving WoW a hard time for having empty zones? That's funny.

Fortunately WoW has X-server LFDs so lower level players can still run dungeons (good luck on that BW).

Also, Blizz is implementing X-server zones in MoP as well. Imagine, in TOR, if planets were shared by other servers. Maybe finding groups for Heroics will be.......possible?

When it comes to features, WoW is the iphone and TOR is like Indian Smoke Signals or something.

Sounds like it. If anything xfers will come well before 1.3 IMO. They said transfers are coming in "early summer" no? Well we're pretty much 1/2 a month away from summer and there is hardly even any news on 1.3 going around, much less anything on the PTS so ...

Unless they plan on hardly testing 1.3 out (hoping they learned their lesson with the 1.2 mess we had which was only tested for about a month) and barring any delays to their development ... we SHOULD see transfers happening sooner than 1.3.

they have to release them pretty close together, one without the other would not be smart, but neither is a same server lfg tool so who knows what they will do.

Yeah it was, sorry. i really have nothing against roleplayers, you may be one that isnt clueless, but since i found out most of these guys battling against x-server are roleplayers and thats why they dont want it, Ive suddenly become alot less fond of roleplayers.

I would be surprised if any serious roleplayers were against the tool. It shouldn't affect them in any negative way and for the most part they should realize that.

It does seem that many against the tool have elitist attitudes. You know, the ones who think they should be able to control everyone else's play because they're in the biggest guild and can do the baddest ops?

lol, did you really just say that?? Rofl. Thaty just proves how bad the game is. They have to give incentives and bonuses for people to run the dungeons. Jesus, they were handing out free copies of D3 just to keep players.

Silly. They do that for a good purpose. With guildies and premade up groups, you stand a chance of having a stronger group. With pugging, you donot know for sure. So they do buff them so the runs are more than likely to be successful. I see nothing wrong with that at all. Even the Dragon Soul Looking for Raid content is toned down from normal. The rewards however are also lower when using it. And if it does what it is intended to do, then it is successful. You, the so much better player and wants more of a challenge can refuse to use it.

You mean like all the other threaten to quit posts because of not having one? How mature of you ;)

yes, because there is no deference between not being able to use it and not wanting to use it... and you proud yourself for your logic? how quaint.

I would be surprised if any serious roleplayers were against the tool. It shouldn't affect them in any negative way and for the most part they should realize that.

It does seem that many against the tool have elitist attitudes. You know, the ones who think they should be able to control everyone else's play because they're in the biggest guild and can do the baddest ops?

Those elitist attitudes are a cover up, like that skidrow guy complaining about dumbing down flash points. what elitist plays an mmo for single group content. there hasnt been challenging single group content for years, wow removed the art of "pulling" and CC from mmos years before anyone even thought of an lfg tool.

My roleplayer theory isnt really a theory for two of these guys, ive seen them actualy post that they were roleplayers and that porting to an instance would break their immersion.

And just for the record im not for just dumbing down all the content, making it easier is fine, but i would also like to see nightmare mode fp's (which they said are coming "someday") that arent on the x-server lfg tool.

Those elitist attitudes are a cover up, like that skidrow guy complaining about dumbing down flash points. what elitist plays an mmo for single group content. there hasnt been challenging single group content for years, wow removed the art of "pulling" and CC from mmos years before anyone even thought of an lfg tool.

My roleplayer theory isnt really a theory for two of these guys, ive seen them actualy post that they were roleplayers and that porting to an instance would break their immersion.

Then they're weak RP'ers or lying about the reason for their objection. How can porting break immersion if it's wrapped in the same pretty RP blanket as fleet pass (shuttle) or quick travel (erm... shuttle)?

I dunno... I think the robot boss in Karagga is fairly challenging. It's definitely a different sort of fight than most...

So for your own selfish greed you want the RPG aspect removed, cool.

False accusation

What facts? That WoW has become a barren wasteland except for the citties?

1. I really don't understand how would an x-server LFG tool would prevent you from LFG. Do the FPs, HC quests, OPS with friends. Nobody FORBIDS you to do them with a pre-set group. NOBODY forces you to use the LFG tool.

2. maybe, maybe not...

3. And SWTOR is a megapolis... at 10 PM there are a grand total of 30 people on the fleet (which should be the equivalent of Stormwind, Dalaran and all the other major cities put together), out of which about 10 are level 50. 10 PM! In WoW, at 10 PM i would have been able to find at least 2 PuGs raids and i could have ran HC all day long. That was in WotLK, since i quite before Cataclysm (although i was a beta tester...).

And just for the record im not for just dumbing down all the content, making it easier is fine, but i would also like to see nightmare mode fp's (which they said are coming "someday") that arent on the x-server lfg tool.

Per the podcast, story mode ops are in the LFG tool but nightmare won't be. They also used the words "for now" or "yet" WRT nightmare mode. *shrug*

I don't know that I'd be in favor of any restrictions on the tool, really, as long as the devs can stick to their guns and keep the hard-mode stuff hard.

When it comes to features, WoW is the iphone and TOR is like Indian Smoke Signals or something.

LOL well i wouldnt put swtor that low, but it really is the best analogy that ive seen on any of these threads. You cant get a much clearer picture in your head of why swtor is losing ground.

Then they're weak RP'ers or lying about the reason for their objection. How can porting break immersion if it's wrapped in the same pretty RP blanket as fleet pass (shuttle) or quick travel (erm... shuttle)?

I dunno... I think the robot boss in Karagga is fairly challenging. It's definitely a different sort of fight than most...

Yeah it could be that they are just throwing out reasons because like most people who think with their heart instead of their head they dont actualy know why they are against it. but they did say they were rprs.

Wasnt talking about the robot boss in kp, i was talking about flash points, if this game ever gets a raid lfg tool i would say it should be up to hm max but should probably stay at only story mode.

yay, actually a response.

thank you, i didnt make the connections.

i reiterate: without transfers, the LFG tool (single server) will be kind of useless to people on low population servers so for me this is a must (transfers/mergers whatever + LFG or x-realm LFG, preferably the first).

Per the podcast, story mode ops are in the LFG tool but nightmare won't be. They also used the words "for now" or "yet" WRT nightmare mode. *shrug*

I don't know that I'd be in favor of any restrictions on the tool, really, as long as the devs can stick to their guns and keep the hard-mode stuff hard.

i did not know that ops were in the 1.3 lfg tool. if it was cross server it might have been fun.

You're giving WoW a hard time for having empty zones? That's funny.

Fortunately WoW has X-server LFDs so lower level players can still run dungeons (good luck on that BW).

Also, Blizz is implementing X-server zones in MoP as well. Imagine, in TOR, if planets were shared by other servers. Maybe finding groups for Heroics will be.......possible?

the analogy, albeit a little excessive is worth +100 Presence ;)

3. And SWTOR is a megapolis... at 10 PM there are a grand total of 30 people on the fleet (which should be the equivalent of Stormwind, Dalaran and all the other major cities put together), out of which about 10 are level 50. 10 PM! In WoW, at 10 PM i would have been able to find at least 2 PuGs raids and i could have ran HC all day long. That was in WotLK, since i quite before Cataclysm (although i was a beta tester...).

Only 3pm in the afternoon here. I play on Jedi Covenant which is the 2nd most populated server behind Fatman according to http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us.

People in Fleet Empire Side: 70

People in Fleet Republic Side: 54

People in Stormwind on Lightbringer Server which is listed as a "Medium" population server: 147

Thats just pathetic. A medium population WoW server has more people in ONE capital city than Empire and Republic have in Fleet combined. I would also add in people in Org and Ironforge but I dont wanna make this game look more dead than it already is.

Edited by Dabrixmgp

Only 3pm in the afternoon here. I play on Jedi Covenant which is the 2nd most populated server behind Fatman according to http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us.

People in Fleet Empire Side: 70

People in Fleet Republic Side: 54

People in Stormwind on Lightbringer Server which is listed as a "Medium" population server: 147

Thats just pathetic. A medium population WoW server has more people in ONE capital city than Empire and Republic have in Fleet combined. I would also add in people in Org and Ironforge but I dont wanna make this game look more dead than it already is.

WOW (not WoW)! 70/54 people on fleet? nice. and it's 3PM? i'd love to see that on my server too...

Whats the big deal? People wanted LFG, they will get it, people wanted transfers they are coming. So both problems will be solved in the near future. If you have no population atm, then just wait for the transfers and tada problem solved.

Cross server LFGs would take a LOT more time, and a lot of people (myself included) don't want that, so this is the best action for now.

alot of people dont want it because they think its going to end up like how it did with wow

i personally would love a lfg system.and cross server seems like the best way to go since so many servers right now are pretty much dead

the analogy, albeit a little excessive is worth +100 Presence ;)

wow is an iphone 4 and swtor is a flip phone. Think that pretty much explains 99% of swtors problems.

You can do almost everything in swtor that you can do in wow, it just takes alot longer and is alot less fun in swtor.