PvP Healing - Help!

Tathais

Trying out an operative healer... I'm getting run over in PvP, consistently dying inside the 4s stun and it's not very fun. I try to dps but I also seem weak. I'm also currently only level 17, so is this something that will improve with time?

Tips/help appreciated.

Thanks!

Dont stop moving. Since ur main focus is dots just throw em up run away rinse and repeat.

Oh and make sure to shiv for easy TA procs. Personally my most used spell is interupt. Turn off the player nameplate scaling so its always as big as possible look for other healers casting and interupt them.

Edited by Masturomenos

So basically, it gets better? I don't have any dots yet, just kolto injection and infusion... I get interrupted and then rolled over inside a stun.

Do operatives get any kind of defensive cooldowns to live through these things?

You are missing out on a lot of skills right now to make you an effective healer. Just keep leveling up through the story and every now and then keep on leveling up your valor through warzones.

It gets a little easier 21/22 mark. Got Kolto Probe and had 3 amazing warzones that followed since I'm 22 now. About 250k healing. Just keep 2 stacks on everyone and pump out injections when needed. Make sure to hang back from the fights and LoS to heal (eg pillars in Void Star.)

Also keybinds are extremely useful for these sort of classes!

Once you get Kolto Probe and then Surgical Probe, you become a MUCH better healer. Until then, you really only have to rely on the KI and trying to manage that with energy is horrible. My advise is to just level through the story as much as you can right now, then once you get those abilities try PvP again and see the amazing difference in healing ability!

Here are some tips, but understand you will be quite easy to kill until you're in your 30s unless you get good at my first and second tip...

#1 - Keybind (If you got the money buying a G13 or Razer Naga helps immensely)

#2 - Juke cast - Simply means start to cast Injection, then anywhere from 30%-70% casting bar filled, move and stop casting, this essentially baits an interrupt from the guy pounding on you and then you can cast while his interrupt in on CD. Some try to interrupt you immdiately, others who are better try to interrupt when you're just about done casting.

#3 - If you don't like juke casting use Kolto Infusion or Diagnostic Scan to bait the interrupt, then use Injection.

#4 - Our strength is mobile healing, HOWEVER do not forget about cover. It is very very useful. By using cover Mara/Sents can't charge you and you can't be grappled. If you're able to heal and no one is around you use cover and make them come to you, then start to run around/kite. In the 10-49 bracket, there must be tons of Marauders/Sentinels charging here and there, so cover has become a very useful tool.

#5 - Make use of our snare. It often gets overlooked and is free of the resolve bar.

Once you start to get more healing skills like hots (KP) and RN (31 pt talent), you will be considerably harder to take down.

Put it this way, at lvl 50 with mostly BM and 2 pieces of WH, I can semi-kite a Mara/Sent (in mostly full War Hero gear) who hits like a truck for a long time. Without help I will eventually get beaten, but often times it takes a well placed stun to kill an OP healer.

Edited by booshido

#2 - Juke cast - Simply means start to cast Injection, then anywhere from 30%-70% casting bar filled, move and stop casting, this essentially baits an interrupt from the guy pounding on you and then you can cast while his interrupt in on CD. Some try to interrupt you immdiately, others who are better try to interrupt when you're just about done casting.

I've tried juking a few times but I just go down too quick. Having the HoTs sounds like it will help pad that out though, so I'll have the time to make juking effective. I'm almost 20 so I'll have Kolto Probe soon :)

Again guys, I appreciate the tips. It was a pretty punishing round of warzones so it was fairly disheartening.

I've tried juking a few times but I just go down too quick. Having the HoTs sounds like it will help pad that out though, so I'll have the time to make juking effective. I'm almost 20 so I'll have Kolto Probe soon :)

Again guys, I appreciate the tips. It was a pretty punishing round of warzones so it was fairly disheartening.

Really it's not till you get surgical probe and good gear aka 50+ BM where you push your HP to 16-17K enabling SP self heal spam at 4.5K or so outside the easy 1 shot kill of most classes you'll feel very survivable.

At bolstered 11-12K that kicks in at 3600 or so and you're simply much easier to drop lose your ta healing over 30% and drop etc...

Surgical Probes is when you start feeling survivable however just always carry spare TA.

So basically, it gets better? I don't have any dots yet, just kolto injection and infusion... I get interrupted and then rolled over inside a stun.

Do operatives get any kind of defensive cooldowns to live through these things?

If you are going to heal as ops, you are better off just getting to level 30 or 40 to get the talent point skills. It pretty much sucks before then.