How is this possible? Doesnt make sense.

Dabrixmgp

The player that attacks from behind will not be standing right behind you, dry humping you. he will still be at a fair distance. Assuming you are using your mouse to move, not click skills, the fastest way to get behind him is and instant 90degree turn (a slight movement of the mouse to one side) and a strafe. this allows you not only to use your first skill earlier, but gets you behind the player quicker.

If you were to slowly back pedal, and the player behind you isn't completely dead inside, and backpedals also to match your pace, that means he is landing 100% of his attacks on you, and you are landing none on him.

Simple maths?

Hold on, hold on, hold on. So if I backpedal, then my opponent will backpedal too? I thought it was a given that nobody backpedals! And if I 90 degree mouse turn and strafe, I will be behind my target faster? So people do attack from behind their target?? Wow, talk about contradiction?

Back to the topic, yes, there are very many players who stand directly behind their opponent to attack from behind. It's called "attacking from behind." Many of these players are play melee classes (though not all are required to be behind the target for maximum damage). Are you saying that you've never faced a melee class that came up behind you? If not, you must be lucky, or you don't pvp.

And obviously if the attacker is a ranged class, backpedaling wouldn't be the optimal choice for that situation (did you really think I meant that?).

Edited by olagaton