Okay, to start off I love Operations, I love raiding. But on my server and guild people are always extremely lacking, and I can never reach for the next tier of gear. Luckily before my server started dying out I managed to get to Rakata, and some Black Hole. (Which I hate) I really want to do Denova, badly. I am completely ready and understand the mechanics of all the battles, I FINALLY found a group running it, and people were just awful, we barely beat Zorn and Toth and called it on the two Tanks, because people could not listen to instructions. So I felt like just giving up, then I listened to the podcast about LFG tools for Operations and Flashpoints, I was so excited. Then I heard two bits of news that completely ruined it. There won't be one for HM Operations, and it will only be server-wide. Way to lift me up and then smack me right back down. Sigh....:(

Okay, to start off I love Operations, I love raiding. But on my server and guild people are always extremely lacking, and I can never reach for the next tier of gear. Luckily before my server started dying out I managed to get to Rakata, and some Black Hole. (Which I hate) I really want to do Denova, badly. I am completely ready and understand the mechanics of all the battles, I FINALLY found a group running it, and people were just awful, we barely beat Zorn and Toth and called it on the two Tanks, because people could not listen to instructions. So I felt like just giving up, then I listened to the podcast about LFG tools for Operations and Flashpoints, I was so excited. Then I heard two bits of news that completely ruined it. There won't be one for HM Operations, and it will only be server-wide. Way to lift me up and then smack me right back down. Sigh....:(

I hope they never add a cross-server looking for group tool for operations.

Right now operations are all about hanging with the same friends you've played with since launch. People who are unpleasant to raid with end up on the side lines and nobody has to experience them. People who are forum trolls can't be jerks in raid because they know they will get a bad reputation on the server.

Once you add in cross-server LFG, every group feels like the forums. Expect your intelligence, sexual orientation and skill level to be questioned and commented on every step of the way once a cross-server LFG is added.

Not everyone feels the way I do of course. Some members of our guild will inevitably use the cross-server LFG because it's more convenient than waiting for our scheduled raid day. Then they will have lockouts and loot already so they won't come, cancelling the real guild-only raid day. Cross-server LFG will destroy family raiding guilds and increase how much pugging a raider has to do.

I agree, cross-server LFG would be a disaster.

OP, do you honestly think a cross-server LFG tool would bring you better players than what you are running into on your server? Think about it. It's not going to magically put competent people into your operation group. It would be putting people who were probably kicked out of the operation groups on their own respective servers and now they are joining your PuGs. You think you're frustrated by playing with people who can't handle instructions now, get a cross-server LFG tool and you'll be bashing your face into your keyboard with tears streaming down your cheeks.

The key to smooth Operations is having a set group of people who get used to each other and get used to working together on a weekly basis. Grouping with random people each week from other servers would be a nightmare. You'd have to sit there and explain every fight, each week.