Stick with it!

Blihtz

All I hear latley is complaint after complaint "this is broken, this is garbage, my servers dead!"

You cannot honestly expect BW to keep everyone content this early into the game?

Yes the game has its flaws but ive seen much worse so here I am asking those who are still here to stick with it, pay your subs enjoy what content there is in hopes we can keep this game alive and not have another "Warhammer Online" The more people who jump ship means the more people will follow!

Stick with the game and it can only get better.

if they give me another free month ill stick around, otherwise not really worth the sub

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If 1.3 isnt here by June I will probably quit. Its just not fun logging in and queuing for PvP just to win 5 or less even though I'm constantly queued for 3-4 hours. Its not fun sitting in Fleet spamming for hours that I am LFG just to rage log without even an invite as a tank. Its like Im paying $15 a month just to sit in Fleet doing nothing or getting curb stomped in WZs. Yea thats loads of fun.

Would you mind expanding on why it isn't working for your guild? I'm genuinely curious. Granted the four player group size is one person smaller than people are used to, but there are Operations which are 16(?) player instances. I just don't see why you describe it as feeling like a 'single player RPG'. Most other MMOs feature a majority of soloable content, with the requirement to group for harder quests (Heroic equivalent) and dungeons (Flashpoint equivalent).

I honestly think that the issue is one more of perception than there being an actual problem. Because the quests are fully voiced, and because other BW games offer the same, the fact that you can do any quest with a group of three others is ignored and even forgotten by a large number of people I think.

I don't think I mentioned a guild but the three of us are the only members along with one person who helped us as the fourth signee. As long time MMOers we have been in many guilds and have gotten tired of the elitism and associated drama that we found too often regardless of the MMO and hence just formed our own to stop blind guild invites and for the guild bank which we do not have lol.

I think I explain fully why we have found after six months that the game isn't what we thought it was going to be. Plain and simple. You can read some of my other posts and I think I explain this a few times.

We have difficulty grouping together to level because we essentially have to be on the EXACT same point of the side quests on a given planet or else it is a chaotic mess chasing down missions so that everybody (3 or 4 of us) are all on the same page.

The other like I EXPLAINED in my post has to do with the class story arcs which are wonderful as SOLO content but not very friendly or conducive when leveling as a group. Group size is not a issue so not sure why that was brought up. Actually the bigger the group, the more disjointed (not slower) the leveling process seems, especially if you have four different classes. It's just so much easier and cleaner to solo compared to group leveling and that is problematic in a MMO.

We specifically play MMOs so that we can group together and hang out since we all live far apart from each other on the west coast so if the game is making that aspect difficult for us we feel it's time to move on. We have been here since launch (one of my friends since closed beta) and have given it a go (and had a blast doing the class story arcs) but that is just not enough to have us dish out $15/mo.

Like I say, this is OUR issue although it may not be yours which is great and more power to you.

Since we cannot enjoy the game as a group of friends any longer we want to find something where we can hang out and have FUN. We had tons of fun with Baldur's Gate and Icewindale some time back and for now it looks like D3 for the moment.

We will be checking in here from time to time to see what changes have been made and if they are the types of changes that WE need to see. I'm not holding my breath but if that time comes, we will gladly fork down our $15/mo.

Hope this clears up my point.

Clearly I should believe a few insignificant strangers on a forum compared to a statement released by EA to inform monetary investors and stockholders of the current situation regarding this game. lol

Or understand that nothing from a public company should be taken at face value and you have to read between the lines, the footnotes and listen to how things are being said.

That said, there in no reason EA would have given a free month, and thus sacrificed $8m-$15m in revenue except to extend the 3-month and 6-month sub numbers outside the current quarterly reporting to enhance what those numbers were. They are not lying, nor using creative bookkeeping, they are stating the facts as they are at the time of close - which is all they are required to do by law. In addition, the CEO of EA is already playing down the significance of SWTOR to their corporate portfolio. When he tells investors they are putting too much emphasis on SWTOR and they should be instead paying attention to Madden, FIFA and console titles, that alone in an ominous sign - especially when you consider that when they announced this title they stated they believed they could get to more than 11m subs.

Perhaps most significant was in the last EA report the CEO issued a downward guidance for the remainder of the year. Where is this downward guidance coming from if Madden, FIFA, et al. are still expected to perform as per previous guidance?

Edited by Wayshuba

All I hear latley is complaint after complaint "this is broken, this is garbage, my servers dead!"

You cannot honestly expect BW to keep everyone content this early into the game?

Yes the game has its flaws but ive seen much worse so here I am asking those who are still here to stick with it, pay your subs enjoy what content there is in hopes we can keep this game alive and not have another "Warhammer Online" The more people who jump ship means the more people will follow!

Stick with the game and it can only get better.

do you work for bioware?

Have fun paying to play a watered down broken game where all they want you to do is roll more alts for the awesome legacy perks! The game is already on life support, it's only a matter of time. I've played F2P mmo's that were more fun with only spending 20 dollars for 6 month of awesome pvp griefing and better end game than here. Hell the forums are more fun than the game since i stopped playing over a month ago.

You might as well copy this so you can paste it to all the new games you go too. Every game you find post like this bashing on the game

You might as well copy this so you can paste it to all the new games you go too. Every game you find post like this bashing on the game

I love how people bash Rift but at least they have: macros, cross server pvp, cross server pve, and a crafting system where people actually buy player made goods.

Maybe he doesn't state his case for dissatisfaction well but there are PLENTY here that have explained logically and eloquently what elements do not work and what they would like to see changed.

This is a process known as critiquing and you will find many valid arguments about what shortcomings people see in the game.

You come off as the other extreme who feel there are absolutely no issues with the game and want to shut down any commentary that is critical of it. Maybe that is not your sentiment but it comes off that way.

Thanks Monave, that clears it up :)

It's rather difficult to explain our reason for leaving but like I said, we are not gone for good. Just don't want to fork out $15/mo atm for something we are not enjoying as a group.

Hopefully in the near future we will find changes that are to our liking (if not we just wait longer) and we will most definitely be back to a undoubtedly improved version of the game. Hell, maybe they will even add sandbox elements for endgame to provide the "hooks" to keep peeps interested for the LONG TERM.

With my 45 days left I plan to level my PT and Sniper because I specifically want to reach the end of the story arcs since that is the best part of the game. I guess I'll just have to do it w/o the enjoyment of leveling with my friends.

Maybe he doesn't state his case for dissatisfaction well but there are PLENTY here that have explained logically and eloquently what elements do not work and what they would like to see changed.

This is a process known as critiquing and you will find many valid arguments about what shortcomings people see in the game.

You come off as the other extreme who feel there are absolutely no issues with the game and want to shut down any commentary that is critical of it. Maybe that is not your sentiment but it comes off that way.

These days you cannot satisfy some of these gypsy players. They flood a new game, get bored, upset or whatever then complain, complain and complain till the new game shiny game comes out and move to it where it starts all over again. Once gone servers merge, new stuff is made for the game and it continues to grow. In a few rare cases a game company will FUBR it but most times things move on and get better.

Do I think the game can improve? Yes of course. However I will offer feedback and not complain. If a game is so bad I am not having fun then instead of complaining I will move on to a different game. The is a big difference between complaining and whining and constructive feedback.

These days you cannot satisfy some of these gypsy players. They flood a new game, get bored, upset or whatever then complain, complain and complain till the new game shiny game comes out and move to it where it starts all over again. Once gone servers merge, new stuff is made for the game and it continues to grow. In a few rare cases a game company will FUBR it but most times things move on and get better.

Do I think the game can improve? Yes of course. However I will offer feedback and not complain. If a game is so bad I am not having fun then instead of complaining I will move on to a different game. The is a big difference between complaining and whining and constructive feedback.

Possibly one of the finest post responses I have seen. It is a shame that more people cannot seem to think the way you do..

If you read my post you will notice that I am saying that there is a difference between whining and critiquing but I do not see you making the distinction between the two.

You seem to want to point out a whiner and use that as your representation of those that are dissatisfied for some reason.

Does it hurt you so much that somebody does not like what you like and makes comments about it. Your statements seem to be that you want to shut down ANY negative feedback from the community like if it's a personal matter.

I don't care if somebody likes the game or not since it has NOTHING to do with me personally.

The ONLY thing I really care about is that my friends and I are having a good time together and what affects us.

If you read my post you will notice that I am saying that there is a difference between whining and critiquing but I do not see you making the distinction between the two.

You seem to want to point out a whiner and use that as your representation of those that are dissatisfied for some reason.

Does it hurt you so much that somebody does not like what you like and makes comments about it. Your statements seem to be that you want to shut down ANY negative feedback from the community like if it's a personal matter.

I don't care if somebody likes the game or not since it has NOTHING to do with me personally.

The ONLY thing I really care about is that my friends and I are having a good time together and what affects us.

See the problem here is the style of posting being used. Its hateful and mostly will go unread. To get a point across a post needs to be professional. You are also taking what I am saying way to personal which isn't the way I wanted my post to come across. Which I sorry if it bothered you.

See the problem here is the style of posting being used. Its hateful and mostly will go unread. To get a point across a post needs to be professional. You are also taking what I am saying way to personal which isn't the way I wanted my post to come across. Which I sorry if it bothered you.

No it doesn't bother me at all. Your post just gave me that impression but that is from where I am viewing things and may not be the case at all.

If that was not your intent I was mistaken so my apologies.

I just want to link a thread which is a great example of what I am speaking of - a logical, rational critique of the game in a very well written professional manner.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=454564

P.S. I really can't stand seeing the extremes of posters - those that do not tolerate any sort of dissent towards the game and those that will complain incessantly about every little thing. There is a happy medium where nobody has to get personal or thrash others that do not have the same sentiment. I say 'sentiment' and NOT 'opinion' because differing opinions can be both correct or incorrect where sentiment is salient and directly affects perception and most importantly, action.

Edited by Monave
Adding comment

Fanboys will be in denial, the game is sinking faster than the titanic.

As long as bioware deploys worthless 'fixes' every week and breaks working things like matrix cubes the game won't recover from the fire it's standing in right now.

Oh and FYI , bioware. How come I get stuck in warzones every 5-7 games? Seems like you get stuck, can't move, and all you can do is leave the warzone. That **** should've been fixed when 1.2 launched, when the problem started occuring.

All you do is fix worthless things and break more things. I can imagine a big cage filled with computers and monkeys and it has a big sign next to it saying "Don't feed the developers"

No it doesn't bother me at all. Your post just gave me that impression but that is from where I am viewing things and may not be the case at all.

If that was not your intent I was mistaken so my apologies.

I just want to link a thread which is a great example of what I am speaking of - a logical, rational critique of the game in a very well written professional manner.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=454564

Did a quick review of the thread that was linked. It was done well however just from the scan it looks like he could of just said " I want a Starwars theme WoW clone" . Just seems like he went over everything wow has and just wants the same thing. Which may be a bad move IMO.

The only thing he really did wrong was titled it " The game is dying" or something like that. This is just his feeling on the issue however evidence from other games shows that it is unlikely the game is dying. Most games stick around for a few years. The game is going thru a downsize phase which most games including wow went thru after 3 to 6 months. Wow is a fluke tho since it started growing quickly and rapidly again while most other games stabilize or grow slowly

It's not up to players to stick with a game in order to see fixes.

It's up to the the game to implement fixes to keep players around.

Server population, lack of game features, breaking of previously unbroken elements, lack of fix for other broken elements and so on - all will directly influence the entertainment value, even for the people who like the game, to the degree where they'd rather spend time and money on something else - for a while or permanently.

It's not up to these people to 'stick it out'. It's the other way around.

So while the game does not look to do a Warhammer Online dive - it is being hit now that subscriptions are running out and not being renewed. Casual player claims aside and despite lofty statements about how many the game needs to 'break even', the game still need a healthy population or otherwise even those that like it will move on simply due to the game being empty and content being impossible to do.

^^ Pretty much what Xandax said..... and it breaks my frikken heart every time a thread like this pops up... I so wanted this game to be all i needed and wanted. :(

Did a quick review of the thread that was linked. It was done well however just from the scan it looks like he could of just said " I want a Starwars theme WoW clone" . Just seems like he went over everything wow has and just wants the same thing. Which may be a bad move IMO.

The only thing he really did wrong was titled it " The game is dying" or something like that. This is just his feeling on the issue however evidence from other games shows that it is unlikely the game is dying. Most games stick around for a few years. The game is going thru a downsize phase which most games including wow went thru after 3 to 6 months. Wow is a fluke tho since it started growing quickly and rapidly again while most other games stabilize or grow slowly

Actually the thread is titled "An Open Letter to Bioware...with suggestions". There are a few threads that are titled "The Game is Dying" but this is not one of them. You probably were mistaken because that is his opening statement of the thread.

I for one don't believe the game is dying (yet) but will definitely run into problems unless they make some improvements soon. People like my friends and I may leave, but we will still have an eye out for TOR to see what changes happen. On the other hand, there are many peeps not as patient, or once they move on they never look back. We've been through many MMOs since EQ1(my friends) and DAoC (when they introduced me to this evil genre :p ) and some were good and some were horribad. But we do understand how MMOs work and they are never a complete project and constructive feedback is a must to keep the game going.

I hope that the changes that come to TOR in the coming months will entice us back to forking out that $15/mo because we were waiting for this game to release since it was first announced. We quit playing WoW over 2 years ago and have been waiting ever patiently for this game. Everything we tried as filler (Rift, Warhammer) was not our cup of tea so this game succeeding is something that we want to see whether we are subbed or not.

I think if they add some nice sandbox elements to mesh with the neat little them park package they have, it will be a good start to bring us back. Personally I think this would be difficult to do (but I'm not a programmer or anything so maybe it isn't) and just think it would be unreasonable to assume it can be done.

I hope I'm wrong on this though~!

P.S. You do realize that the OP isn't planning on quitting the game in the near future but is worried that the loss of a large number of subs will ultimately affect the overall quality of the game that he wants to play for a long time. He details the reasons for that rather well explaining that this game, because of its enormous production expenditures needs a high amount of subs for it to work out financially for EA and that losing more subs is highly problematic for the entire community.

That's why people shouldn't be happy when others leave because in the end it affects the entire player base.

Edited by Monave
Spelling