Stick with it!

Blihtz

which is the major reason I unsubbed.

Say Joe, when will you be unsubbing from your rant fest on the forums for game you don't like and don't want to play? Or are you lifetime subbed?

Edited by Andryah

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So much hate. Why do you bash this game and company so much?

Is it out of fear? Fear that you may not get what you want from this game? Fear that you are going to have to wait for it to really become the great game it promises to be?

Too much fear I sense in you all. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Suffering is the path to the dark side. Anger and hate feed the dark side, and it is manifested, made corporeal and solid. This manifestation takes the form of trolls, and terrible things, these trolls do.

To give in to hate and and anger, through fear, will feed the trolls, and the darkside will consume us all.

What I'm trying to say in Jedi speak is this: Why are you still whining? Give it up and go back to WoW or whatever and leave us be. You dont like it? Fine, then quit whining and go to where you will be happy. You trolls with your hate-mongering and angry posts are just stinking up the forums here. Go elsewhere and be happy instead of being miserable here.

Unless...

You really do like the game and want to keep playing it, but you are not happy unless you are complaining about something. If that is the case, fill yer boots, but maybe we should get BW to give you your own forum space called "We love this game but want to hate it so bad...". Then you could all get together with the like minded folk and bash to your heart's content. Then we could keep the rest of the forum for constructive criticism without mindless comments like the haters spew all the time.

All I hear latley is complaint after complaint "this is broken, this is garbage, my servers dead!"

You cannot honestly expect BW to keep everyone content this early into the game?

Yes the game has its flaws but ive seen much worse so here I am asking those who are still here to stick with it, pay your subs enjoy what content there is in hopes we can keep this game alive and not have another "Warhammer Online" The more people who jump ship means the more people will follow!

Stick with the game and it can only get better.

Everyone realizes that you cannot make everyone happy, its an impossible task. The problem is its not getting better, its getting worse, if it was getting better we wouldn't have dead servers and no one to play with. Good decisions by this team have been far and few between thus resulting in a 25% loss in subs and STEADILY DECLINING!

I am one of the few who do love this game, I also was one of the very few who loved Warhammer and played it for years and this game is following the same pattern but worse IMO. Tor needs help and needs it fast!

Unless...You really do like the game and want to keep playing it, but you are not happy unless you are complaining about something. If that is the case, fill yer boots, but maybe we should get BW to give you your own forum space called "We love this game but want to hate it so bad...". Then you could all get together with the like minded folk and bash to your heart's content. Then we could keep the rest of the forum for constructive criticism without mindless comments like the haters spew all the time.

BW should call it The Waaaaah Files and redirect all of them there.

Clearly I should believe a few insignificant strangers on a forum compared to a statement released by EA to inform monetary investors and stockholders of the current situation regarding this game. lol

You must be one of those people who think the government and banks are here to help you cause they never lie! What was it that EA said only a few months ago? Server pop is growing?!?!?

Say Joe, when will you be unsubbing from your rant fest on the forums for game you don't like and don't want to play? Or are you lifetime subbed?

Andryah my unsubbing from the game means only that I unsubbed from the GAME, not the forums...though connected they are 2 totally different entities, surely you can see this...so that point is irrelevant.

As far as the game goes, I enjoyed playing it...when the game was actually up to actually login and actually play...and my toons weren't getting cut off at the knees being forced to fight with one arm tied behind their backs and one leg.

That said, I look at the forums in hopes of seeing BW has started to actually listen to its subscribers and reversed its current course--patches will be properly coded and properly tested before being pushed into the production environment and that the wanton nerfing of classes will be replaced by a more judicious and discriminating approach instead of it being simply a knee jerk reaction pandering to a vocal minority

Edited by StaticJoe

It's not up to players to stick with a game in order to see fixes.

It's up to the the game to implement fixes to keep players around.

Server population, lack of game features, breaking of previously unbroken elements, lack of fix for other broken elements and so on - all will directly influence the entertainment value, even for the people who like the game, to the degree where they'd rather spend time and money on something else - for a while or permanently.

It's not up to these people to 'stick it out'. It's the other way around.

So while the game does not look to do a Warhammer Online dive - it is being hit now that subscriptions are running out and not being renewed. Casual player claims aside and despite lofty statements about how many the game needs to 'break even', the game still need a healthy population or otherwise even those that like it will move on simply due to the game being empty and content being impossible to do.

This. The ball is not in the hands of the players , but in the hands of BioWare. It is them who will make or break this game. And my time is just as important to me as it is to them.

The game has a few bugs but its still more fun than wotlk and cata together.

Personally a game should be fun and aslong its fun, who cares about a few empty server - after all its the players fault that they went there on release. Those who didnt want to sit in a queue at release made the mistake, experienced players knew that going to the servers with queue was key.

And you have no clue what your talking about. As my servert had ques it was one of the busiest servers . Hell it was one of the early access servers. I didnt move to another server because i know that que times are temporary.

And that things usaly settle down after a few months. Well they didnt settle they flatlined. My heavy que wait time server now is dead. When on a saterday nights prime time you have less than 30 people its dead .

And no amount of blind following or wishfull thinking is going to change that fact.

Edited by Nyteblades

It can only get better because it has hit ROCK BOTTOM. The only direction to go would be up. God help the Devs if they go sideways. You can kiss this game goodbye if they keep their current pigheaded ways up.

There is a REASON people complain about the game.

You can stick your fingers in your ears and go "la-la-la I can't hear you" all you like, but the game has BIG problems.

hasn't hit rock bottom yet... when subs drop below 500k then it will be close to rock bottom.....

This will pretty much be a cautionary tell to other developers who are trying to copy WOW success..... Either come up with something different or find yourself as a niche game like all the other WOW clones.... And in the end, story a side, SWTOR is a wow clone....

This is why I don't join a guild right off the bat. Every game is going to have a surge at release and then a deflation. People play and learn if the game is their cup of tea or not.

A year after release the only people left should be the ones who like it and if the game does in fact have appeal to a segment of the market then the population should be back on the up swing. If the game is going to do well and survive.

I like the game. They are actively making it better. If you are going to be an early adopter then you have to be patient. Certain teething troubles were expected. If you didn't expect them ... that's your problem.

This is why I don't join a guild right off the bat. Every game is going to have a surge at release and then a deflation. People play and learn if the game is their cup of tea or not.

A year after release the only people left should be the ones who like it and if the game does in fact have appeal to a segment of the market then the population should be back on the up swing. If the game is going to do well and survive.

I like the game. They are actively making it better. If you are going to be an early adopter then you have to be patient. Certain teething troubles were expected. If you didn't expect them ... that's your problem.

Sorry, but I've never played a game that had "teething troubles" like these - not CoH, and not WoW. WoW had server stability issues when it started yeah, but I never once felt like it was impossible to play the game because everyone was leaving. I never ever had to wait more than 30 min for a group to form in Vanilla or at any point during its lifetime. I spent 6 consecutive hours on a Saturday trying to form one in SWTOR 3 months after launch, as a tank.

This game is clearly not an MMO because the only good part of it right now is the single player portion.

Edited by Gungan

Sorry, but I've never played a game that had "teething troubles" like these - not CoH, and not WoW. WoW had server stability issues when it started yeah, but I never once felt like it was impossible to play the game because everyone was leaving. I never ever had to wait more than 30 min for a group to form in Vanilla or at any point during its lifetime. I spent 6 consecutive hours on a Saturday trying to form one in SWTOR 3 months after launch, as a tank.

This game is clearly not an MMO because the only good part of it right now is the single player portion.

You must not have been with WoW when Blizz gutted and replaced the graphics engine 2 months before release. A "slight modification" that caused game crashes for a year until patch 1.8.3 give it a new launcher that actually worked. Are you, like ... making this stuff up as you go? Edited by GalacticKegger

All I hear latley is complaint after complaint "this is broken, this is garbage, my servers dead!"

You cannot honestly expect BW to keep everyone content this early into the game?

Yes the game has its flaws but ive seen much worse so here I am asking those who are still here to stick with it, pay your subs enjoy what content there is in hopes we can keep this game alive and not have another "Warhammer Online" The more people who jump ship means the more people will follow!

Its a few people complaining, don't worry about it! The game is fine and things will work out. My server is alive and well for the most part :)

You must be new to MMOs? Been playing them since EQ1 and they all start out the same but TOR provides a SCI-FI theme that finally works....

Edited by Asturias

But people will continue to jump ship, its pretty much to late for this game to make a turn around. EA also never had any intention of this game being a long term success. There goal was to make a quick profit off the box sells.

As EA's CEO John Riccitiello stated "I don't think the investors give a sh*t about our quality. They care about our earnings per share."

As a consumer the only thing that is going to inspire change is to no longer buy any product under EA.

But people will continue to jump ship, its pretty much to late for this game to make a turn around. EA also never had any intention of this game being a long term success. There goal was to make a quick profit off the box sells.

As EA's CEO John Riccitiello stated "I don't think the investors give a sh*t about our quality. They care about our earnings per share."

As a consumer the only thing that is going to inspire change is to no longer buy any product under EA.

I think you wrong seeing how were all speculating!

You understand that what you're asking is for people who are NOT enjoying the game for whatever reason need to bite the bullet and keep dishing out $15/mo until Eaware gets their act together, right?

people just gotta settle down and know everything will come with time and this whooole fiasco will be forgotten because when the thing is good in the long run and grows into a huge awesome popular thing, nobody remembers the faults. ESPECIALLY mmos!

It can only get better because it has hit ROCK BOTTOM. The only direction to go would be up. God help the Devs if they go sideways. You can kiss this game goodbye if they keep their current pigheaded ways up.

There is a REASON people complain about the game.

You can stick your fingers in your ears and go "la-la-la I can't hear you" all you like, but the game has BIG problems.

Ok, Mr Always Negative, list these BIG problems and describe what you have done to either work around or solve the problem yourself.

I can guarantee that you and a good percentage of the other naysayers have done NOTHING to solve the issue themselves.

Too many people are acting like baby birds, just sitting in the nest with their maws gaping, waiting for BioWare to feed them what they 'need'. Think outside the box, use your own initiative! The game is enjoyable and there are ways to get past almost all of the issues people are complaining about.

The only people who cannot fix their own problems are the gear obsessed people who still have the 'main character' and 'alt character' mindset and only want to play on their 'main'.

This isn't WoW. Think about what the game has which other MMOs don't have and go enjoy the epic stories of the other classes which you likely haven't tried yet! If you have got multiple 50s already, you either have a fantastic amount of free time, in which case no single MMO will ever satisfy you or you've spacebared your way through all the quests ignoring the individual slants that each class has on every dialogue chain.

Creativity is wasted on some people.....

This isn't WoW. Think about what the game has which other MMOs don't have and go enjoy the epic stories of the other classes which you likely haven't tried yet!

My friends and I came in the hopes that it would NOT be WoW or a clone...

If we wanted WoW we wouldn't have left 2 years ago...

We love the deep story lines and that is specifically why we came to TOR but it didn't work as well (at least when trying to group while leveling) in practice for us. It turns out that the strength ironically is also its weakness as it makes the game feel too much like a single player RPG which we enjoy as well.

The problem is that we no longer want to pay $15/mo to play a glorified single player RPG. If there were no fees I'm sure we would run through all the class story arcs but there is no sense in paying a monthly sub just for that. There are plenty of awesome single player RPGs (where you can play with friends such as D3) to play if that is what we want and feel the $$$ is better spent there.

That being said we hope there will be changes in the future that will make us want to come back to this game. We don't want to see something with this type of potential to fail but hopefully make some good significant improvements over the next 6 months.

But for now, we have had six months to play TOR and it hasn't been working for us in its current state.

For those that things are working fine for, the more power to you and hopefully we will see you again somewhere down the road.

people just gotta settle down and know everything will come with time and this whooole fiasco will be forgotten because when the thing is good in the long run and grows into a huge awesome popular thing, nobody remembers the faults. ESPECIALLY mmos!

The masses do not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation...if BW does not make MAJOR changes and soon, this game might not even be around this time next year--as others have said, people pay to play this game...but...right now...what incentive is there to pay to play...?? The features people want, that should have been included at launch, still are not an option and no word when they even may be. Unacceptable server downtime due to BW incompetence and negligence, classes people want to play being cut off at the knees and rendered into irrelevance...sure, anyone who wants to can roll alts and grind--I have myself, and I LOVE the IA SL and the Sin SL is pretty darn cool too...but...why should people be forced to roll then grind alts simply to enjoy themselves ESPECIALLY in PVP...??

A PVP match should be decided solely on and by the skills of the opposing players--equal level and comparable gear for the class...you go into PVP with an Arsenal Merc, you'll last all of about 10 seconds--you have no interrupt and 1 stun while your main attack, which sets up the rest of your heavy hitters, can be and is interrupted...heavy armor? May as well be paper mache as most attacks against you will be of a type which is not negated/reduced by armor... BW has stated they want all the classes within 5% of each other--this is a good thing and the right way to go....but this is not the way it really is, all the classes are not playing on a level field...and everyone knows it...including the BW devs...who do nothing about it except stick to the same tired company line...working as intended...so the question becomes why should we believe BW? Why should we continue to plunk down our $15/month? What's the benefit? What's our payoff? What's our ROI?

Are they going to release yet another craptastic patch on Tuesday only to have patch that patch with yet another craptastic patch on Wednesday or Thursday? I get home from work right when the system goes down, at 2AM CDT...I shouldn't have to stay up longer than I want to/get up earlier than I want to just to play a stinkin game. Weekly maintenance is needed and I understand this--I pay to play for 30 days...if I'm lucky, I get 26 days...it's not losing the 50 cents that I care about...it's the principle behind my losing a day's gameplay and how in most cases it is completely unnecessary...you keep saying have patience and stick it out...my question to you is why should anyone do that?

My friends and I came in the hopes that it would NOT be WoW or a clone...

If we wanted WoW we wouldn't have left 2 years ago...

We love the deep story lines and that is specifically why we came to TOR but it didn't work as well (at least when trying to group while leveling) in practice for us. It turns out that the strength ironically is also its weakness as it makes the game feel too much like a single player RPG which we enjoy as well.

The problem is that we no longer want to pay $15/mo to play a glorified single player RPG. If there were no fees I'm sure we would run through all the class story arcs but there is no sense in paying a monthly sub just for that. There are plenty of awesome single player RPGs (where you can play with friends such as D3) to play if that is what we want and feel the $$$ is better spent there.

That being said we hope there will be changes in the future that will make us want to come back to this game. We don't want to see something with this type of potential to fail but hopefully make some good significant improvements over the next 6 months.

But for now, we have had six months to play TOR and it hasn't been working for us in its current state.

For those that things are working fine for, the more power to you and hopefully we will see you again somewhere down the road.

Would you mind expanding on why it isn't working for your guild? I'm genuinely curious. Granted the four player group size is one person smaller than people are used to, but there are Operations which are 16(?) player instances. I just don't see why you describe it as feeling like a 'single player RPG'. Most other MMOs feature a majority of soloable content, with the requirement to group for harder quests (Heroic equivalent) and dungeons (Flashpoint equivalent).

I honestly think that the issue is one more of perception than there being an actual problem. Because the quests are fully voiced, and because other BW games offer the same, the fact that you can do any quest with a group of three others is ignored and even forgotten by a large number of people I think.

Edited by Corinthar

Love the game, leveling my 5th char to 50 at the moment and am very impressed with the pace BW keeps pumping out new content (in comparison to the 6 year experience from the game that shall never be named).

Can't wait until FP finder tool and XP boost goes live.

Nothing short of a global class war will keep me from this game.

Haha, for once a post not complaining about this or that. I really do hope the features come in within the next month and a half. I honestly believe when this game has all the needed features, things will pick up for the better, although I can't wait to log on each day and play. If this isnt the game for you, no one is telling you to play. The community that will stick with it like SWG will still be here. We will all find a populated server, enjoy the aspects of the force and what have you. But really, no one gives a good lovely if you are unsubbed.