Stick with it!

Blihtz

All I hear latley is complaint after complaint "this is broken, this is garbage, my servers dead!"

You cannot honestly expect BW to keep everyone content this early into the game?

Yes the game has its flaws but ive seen much worse so here I am asking those who are still here to stick with it, pay your subs enjoy what content there is in hopes we can keep this game alive and not have another "Warhammer Online" The more people who jump ship means the more people will follow!

Stick with the game and it can only get better.

Please explain to me why WoW could keep my attention for 4 years, while SWTOR only could keep me playing for the first three months.

Please let me know when you have an answer...

Edited by siegedeluxe

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You better get him a white cane ;)

Clearly I should believe a few insignificant strangers on a forum compared to a statement released by EA to inform monetary investors and stockholders of the current situation regarding this game. lol

Mate, most of the servers are empty and it does NOT feel like an MMORPG.

A server merge is CRUCIAL and Bioware is ignoring the facts and you come here and tell us "OMG STOP WHINING THEY CANT DO EVERYTHING AT THE SAME TIME".

Mate, they can't even do one thing properly.

neither could blizzard at this point when they first came out with their first mmo

people were complaining more than THIS!

"omg...like blizzard better get your act together or else this game is going to die" 8 years later...hmmm.... all those comments about the game ending are gone...hmmm

True, so really the US server population is much worse because there are a lot of those subscribers that aren't even playing on US servers.

So the 1.3 million is split between multiple countries, what's the issue here?

Please explain to me why WoW could keep my attention for 4 years, while SWTOR only could keep me playing for the first three months.

easy...wow is your type of game

swtor is not. My sig for what type of game this is :)

It's not up to players to stick with a game in order to see fixes.

It's up to the the game to implement fixes to keep players around.

Server population, lack of game features, breaking of previously unbroken elements, lack of fix for other broken elements and so on - all will directly influence the entertainment value, even for the people who like the game, to the degree where they'd rather spend time and money on something else - for a while or permanently.

It's not up to these people to 'stick it out'. It's the other way around.

So while the game does not look to do a Warhammer Online dive - it is being hit now that subscriptions are running out and not being renewed. Casual player claims aside and despite lofty statements about how many the game needs to 'break even', the game still need a healthy population or otherwise even those that like it will move on simply due to the game being empty and content being impossible to do.

This 18 million times over. Especially the last paragraph.

neither could blizzard at this point when they first came out with their first mmo

"omg...like blizzard better get your act together or else this game is going to die" 8 years later...hmmm.... all those comments about the game ending are gone...hmmm

WoW grew in subs constantly... SWTOR has not, so yes, there are concerns whether or not this game will flop. My intuition tells me that SWTOR is going to stop growing if they can\t keep people interested, or get new people to play within this year.

easy...wow is your type of game

swtor is not. My sig for what type of game this is :)

lolwut? Bioware tried to copy WoW and they failed, so u cant say this is different type of game than wow, its just far worse.

Oh i will stick with it...

.....Until May 15th

Some demons need a bashing then *HeadsTowardsNewTristram*:D

Pretty much... Diablo III should keep me occupied until Bioware can maybe pull their act together with SWTOR. If not, there will be other games.

Because there was NO other game like it. Where were you gonna go for another MMO? I played WoW sense Beta, I tried numerous games they all failed hard and I went back, does it mean I had fun in WoW? nope WoW has been horribad for a long time. All I did was stand in Org and/or Craft. I did all the Firelands stuff. That game was a grind fest.

Again, SWTOR has had so many years to learn from other games, just because it happened to wow 8 years ago doesnt mean it has to happen AGAIN. This is no excuse. Its not hard to learn from mistakes and problems something Bioware didnt do.

I'm sure that monetary investors would appreciate "creative bookkeeping".

If you're an investor that doesn't understand how books are creatively spun you deserve to lose all your money. Benjamin Graham and David Dodd covered how cooked books are back in the 20s and 30s, no investor has an excuse to just ignore their writing.

I analyzed EA's statements several months ago and then took out a sizeable short position, which paid off nicely for me. Usually I don't even waste my time with fundamental analysis but this one was just too easy to pass up on, because I knew a lot of retail suckers would buy into the swtor hype.

Because there was NO other game like it. Where were you gonna go for another MMO? I played WoW sense Beta, I tried numerous games they all failed hard and I went back, does it mean I had fun in WoW? nope WoW has been horribad for a long time. All I did was stand in Org and/or Craft. I did all the Firelands stuff. That game was a grind fest.

What I'm looking for now are games such as TSW and GW2. While TSW has the same repetetive combat as any other EQ clone, the setting of the game including no levels or classes is appealing. GW2 is on my number #1 on my list of games right now, due to the fact that combat is completely different, there are no tanks or healers roles in the game.

Again, new, and refreshing.

Again, SWTOR has had so many years to learn from other games, just because it happened to wow 8 years ago doesnt mean it has to happen AGAIN. This is no excuse. Its not hard to learn from mistakes and problems something Bioware didnt do.

A certain amount of patience could possibly be extended. Basically they used the majority of the same WoW formula and many gamers, including me, are tired/bored of it. Get to Level 50 (Enjoy Story/Quests), Endgame dungeons/pvp, Roll alt, Get to Level 50 (enjoy new story/sigh in boredom at redoing most quests), rinse/repeat.

What I'm looking for now are games such as TSW and GW2. While TSW has the same repetetive combat as any other EQ clone, the setting of the game including no levels or classes is appealing. GW2 is on my number #1 on my list of games right now, due to the fact that combat is completely different, there are no tanks or healers roles in the game.

Again, new, and refreshing.

I agree it will be new refreshing. There is for sure a need for those type of games. I played the game and personally it was over hyped. It was good but I wouldn't expect it to be a SWTOR killer or WoW killer thats for sure. ( not saying you were thinking that way) I do think its awesome that you are going to move on to a game you like though... more people should do that... no point in playing a game you dont like to play in the first place.

The last patch should have been server merges and group finders. Not legacy. Personally, it would make no difference to me if legacy were not in the game at all. Maybe there are technical reasons why they have still not implemented these two things. I don't presume to know about that. But what I do know is that I'm not logging in anymore. And the more time I spend out of game makes it less likely that I will ever return. Especially when I don't have any friends that are playing.

The last patch should have been server merges and group finders. Not legacy. Personally, it would make no difference to me if legacy were not in the game at all. Maybe there are technical reasons why they have still not implemented these two things. I don't presume to know about that. But what I do know is that I'm not logging in anymore. And the more time I spend out of game makes it less likely that I will ever return. Especially when I don't have any friends that are playing.

The 1.2 patch added nothing to the game, not in the sense of getting something out of it. This "lagacy" system is just PR fluff.

All I hear latley is complaint after complaint "this is broken, this is garbage, my servers dead!"

You cannot honestly expect BW to keep everyone content this early into the game?

Yes the game has its flaws but ive seen much worse so here I am asking those who are still here to stick with it, pay your subs enjoy what content there is in hopes we can keep this game alive and not have another "Warhammer Online" The more people who jump ship means the more people will follow!

There are 2 major flaws in your line of thinking--first is we pay to play...and because patches are neither properly coded nor properly tested BEFORE being pushed out to the live environment the inevitable and unnecessary downtime is completely unacceptable...which is the major reason I unsubbed.

Secondly, it is the inconsistent weakening of classes by devs who neither play the class nor do they know how the class actually functions...the Arsenal Merc being exhibit A, a class weakened into irrelevance based on nothing other than the weeping and gnashing of teeth by a segment of the PVP community...other classes have been weakened as well and for the very same reason...again by devs who do not play the class so they don't know how it really functions within the game dynamic.

With those things in mind, your plea for patience falls on deaf ears--BW/EA had many successful models to look at and learn from and for a game that was in development for 5 or 6 years some of wrong things are headscratchers and completely unacceptable. You cannot top WoW's sub numbers if you are making the same mistakes they made and are making--this MMO was supposed to be different...but it's not, not even close...yes, the game is fun but as a total experience definitely not worth $15/month AFTER having to actually buy the game to get a valid key in order to play it

They''ve proven time and again that this is not the case.