Stick with it!

Blihtz

You mean the game that turned into an abysmal mess that people still continued to pay to play (because it's Star Wars) enough to the point where it was able to be continued until forced to do otherwise by LucasArts themselves?

So, no, SWG didn't die. SWG was intentionally put to sleep. FOR ANOTHER STAR WARS GAME. :rolleyes:

Right on, well have fun playing with yourself?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The game has a few bugs but its still more fun than wotlk and cata together.

:eek:

Ultimate fail. Worst thing in Cataclysm(or Wotlk) is 10000000000000000000000000x better than best thing in this game.

That would be more credible if it weren't almost 5 months after launch, which is plenty of time for people to decide if they're sick of the game or not. Show me another MMO with 1.3 million subscribers almost 5 months after launch. Go ahead, take your time.

Saying that this game is on life support is implying that it can die. Let me enlighten you to a fact of life: Star Wars doesn't die.

Feel free to think otherwise, but you're wrong. ;)

After the drams w/ SWG, I would not be surprised if LA put performance requirements on SWTOR allowing them to pull the SW license if the game doesn't meet their requirements.

Played EQ2 since release and saw the large numbers for the first three months and then a drop off,i assume they went to WoW i never tried WoW it just looked too cartoony.

Now seven years later i still have an raiding guild and there is over 30 guilds that raid weekly on my server alone and it was until around month 6 when the game came out that people really started to raid and do the Prismatic line.

TOR is going through it's birth pangs and was released alittle early for holiday sales just like EQ2 was on Nov 8th 2004 and guess what it is still doing fine,the people claiming the game is dead or will be dead i do not believe have much experience playing an mmo of this size aside from WoW.

Myself im sticking around because i believe some great things are not too far off the horizon,i do believe there needs to be some server merges, BW making so many servers was a mistake,they know that now and they will fix that soon.

Love the game, leveling my 5th char to 50 at the moment and am very impressed with the pace BW keeps pumping out new content (in comparison to the 6 year experience from the game that shall never be named).

Can't wait until FP finder tool and XP boost goes live.

Nothing short of a global class war will keep me from this game.

Was on my 5th too, but got to a point where I cannot progress my class story with out leveling on non-class quests or pvp. Bored of both and I really don't want to have a level 50 friend just run me through the stuff. I was really interested in seeing all the class stories, probably not gonna happen now. This should have been a single player release w/ DLC content.

All I hear latley is complaint after complaint "this is broken, this is garbage, my servers dead!"

You cannot honestly expect BW to keep everyone content this early into the game?

Yes the game has its flaws but ive seen much worse so here I am asking those who are still here to stick with it, pay your subs enjoy what content there is in hopes we can keep this game alive and not have another "Warhammer Online" The more people who jump ship means the more people will follow!

Stick with the game and it can only get better.

Lol getting better, this game is on a downward spiral.

What you expect from the same ppl that made warhammer?

And yes half the servers are dead, but i guess you are playing on fatman so you dont notice whats going on,

After the drams w/ SWG, I would not be surprised if LA put performance requirements on SWTOR allowing them to pull the SW license if the game doesn't meet their requirements.

I don't see that happening with the amount of time and effort put into it from LucasArts/BioWare as well as the profits, but I've seen corporations do worst things.

However, SWG was addled with problems from the start (some could argue that those were even worse than these) and that game brought in profit for years until it's successor was ready for the stage.

Played EQ2 since release and saw the large numbers for the first three months and then a drop off,i assume they went to WoW i never tried WoW it just looked too cartoony.

Now seven years later i still have an raiding guild and there is over 30 guilds that raid weekly on my server alone and it was until around month 6 when the game came out that people really started to raid and do the Prismatic line.

TOR is going through it's birth pangs and was released alittle early for holiday sales just like EQ2 was on Nov 8th 2004 and guess what it is still doing fine,the people claiming the game is dead or will be dead i do not believe have much experience playing an mmo of this size aside from WoW.

Myself im sticking around because i believe some great things are not too far off the horizon,i do believe there needs to be some server merges, BW making so many servers was a mistake,they know that now and they will fix that soon.

The thing people so blindly overlook is WoW had issues to.

I think you're confused as to who is paying whom to keep them entertained.

This wouldn't be an issue if it were a buy to play game with episodic content to pay for but no sub fee. That way the devs would know exactly what people are actually paying for every time they release content instead of a blanket sub fee that does not keep them focused.

Edited by Gungan

Considering that it's illegal to lie about those numbers, yes.

You've never heard of "creative bookkeeping" have you? It's not illegal. It's just plagued with loopholes.

6 month prepaid subs, and free month promotions are included in those numbers, and by no means qualify as "satisfied players who still log into the game". We'll see in a little while how many remain after those expire.

Edited by Gungan

I got hyped, they did it very well.

While I disagree with some of your other post's SWTOR did hype the hell out of this game and honestly I agree it was over the top. Which is why I am not jumping on the GW2 bandwagon. I still like SWTOR. But like I said in another thread, I wish they would just take their time when releasing huge patches and let ALL people have a character Copy so that they can properly test that patch. In the end that would allow for less bugs when the patch releases.

Either way this game is becoming a weekend game for me to play with friends. During the week I will get back out and start doing wedding photography again and when I'm not doing that Diablo 3 is free to play so that's where I will spend my time. Weekends will be filled with SWTOR with my guild and having some fun PvPing together and Running OPs/Flashpoints. In a few months we will see where I am at. If the game improves ( which I believe it will ) Ill spend more time.

Basically all in all SWTOR is NOT a horrible game, it just didn't live up to the hype that was generated.

Edited by Newsinz

The game has a few bugs but its still more fun than wotlk and cata together.

Personally a game should be fun and aslong its fun, who cares about a few empty server - after all its the players fault that they went there on release. Those who didnt want to sit in a queue at release made the mistake, experienced players knew that going to the servers with queue was key.

Few empty servers?! It's more than a few , it's most. Consider that, the server pop problem is one of the main issues people are quitting. As more quit, less money come in. As less money comes in, less new content is developed and the quality drops.

Active accounts because of "free months" and people actually logging in and playing are very different. By the end of the year you will see.

If it was applied to all accounts, then the numbers would match the number of box sales.

Ignoring that not every subscribed account met the criteria for the free month on top of the fact that people who despise this game most likely wouldn't even come back for the free month (maybe half and half), that's still an impressive number.

How much leeway do you want? A hundred thousand? A few hundred thousand?

Considering that it's illegal to lie about those numbers, yes.

There are not 1.3 mil players playing the game. You have 1.3 mil people with active subs, just cause a sub is active dont mean they are playing. And look at the server list in peak times, not even half of the servers become standard.

If ACTUALLY believe you have 1.3 mil players playing, you are nothing but a blind fanboy.

You've never heard of "creative bookkeeping" have you? It's not illegal. It's just plagued with loopholes.

6 month prepaid subs, and free month promotions are included in those numbers, and by no means qualify as "satisfied players who still log into the game". We'll see in a little while how many remain after those expire.

I'm sure that monetary investors would appreciate "creative bookkeeping".

There are not 1.3 mil players playing the game. You have 1.3 mil people with active subs, just cause a sub is active dont mean they are playing. And look at the server list in peak times, not even half of the servers become standard.

If ACTUALLY believe you have 1.3 mil players playing, you are nothing but a blind fanboy.

You better get him a white cane ;)

You do realize that we have 123 servers and that the game exists outside of North America? :rolleyes:

I'm not a blind fanboy, I just read and comprehend the numbers given to us.

You do realize that we have 123 servers and that the game exists outside of North America? :rolleyes:

I'm not a blind fanboy, I just read and comprehend the numbers given to us.

True, so really the US server population is much worse because there are a lot of those subscribers that aren't even playing on US servers.