Bioware on HUTTBALL

pbxsparx

Have you ever played a huttball against a good sniper? Not only can they rip your **** and can stand on the rafters UNCCABLE, they can root you, knock you back, etc. If you knock a jugg back 2ce (after both leaps) root him 2ce, and he is still not dead, the problem isn't their composition it's that your team sucks ***.

I play a guardian and the most frustrating thing for me is getting rooted. It doesn't fill resolve and it's time spent getting my *** kicked. I can't leap during a root, I can't move at all. While people would have you believe we always have a jump off CD, that's simply not the case. I constantly find myself waiting for jump to refresh, and that's when I die.

If you play an immobile pure DPS class and don't target the sorc standing past the first fire waiting to rescue / get the ball.....Idk. There are so many other factors that go into a well played HBALL game.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever played a huttball against a good sniper? Not only can they rip your **** and can stand on the rafters UNCCABLE, they can root you, knock you back, etc. If you knock a jugg back 2ce (after both leaps) root him 2ce, and he is still not dead, the problem isn't their composition it's that your team sucks ***.

I play a guardian and the most frustrating thing for me is getting rooted. It doesn't fill resolve and it's time spent getting my *** kicked. I can't leap during a root, I can't move at all. While people would have you believe we always have a jump off CD, that's simply not the case. I constantly find myself waiting for jump to refresh, and that's when I die.

If you play an immobile pure DPS class and don't target the sorc standing past the first fire waiting to rescue / get the ball.....Idk. There are so many other factors that go into a well played HBALL game.

And they all factored around having Force Classes, but hey, keep thinking that Sniper is amazing at defense *grin*

And they all factored around having Force Classes, but hey, keep thinking that Sniper is amazing at defense *grin*

Every class in this game has something to counter something else. Leaps? Knockbacks. Pulls? Leaps. Leaps? Pulls. I just honestly don't see the problem. The only class that truly sucks in huttball and is the hardest class to succeed in in general is the merc / commando. Every other class can contribute 100 percent to their team winning the game.

Scoundrel dps may have a bit harder time, but they can prey on anyone that gets the ball mid. Scoundrel healers are the best ball carrier support in the game w/ med pacs and quick heals. When I get the ball on the other teams side and have him healing me, it's an auto goal, because he draws the focus and they just can't bring him down.

I think you are playing a totally different Huttball game.
Yes, he has. It's a more evolved version.

Being a Shield Vanguard/PT means you can and will grapple the carrier into fire, get the turnover when he dies, hop over in the other direction, and Storm into position for an easy goal.

Was until 1.2 where almost all my guild quit. Just rerolled on a much more populated server, and guess what class i'm leveling again ? yep an operative. :D

I just love it, that's why I do not think I am whining.

(mate, thank you for taking time to read my posts, my english is so terrible, I know it's a big effort, kudos)

Stick to it, i think it's been a crazy year for big name releases atm swtor is facing some stiff competition as the market is inundated. I definitely would encourage a premade. pugs are too random and while you can get some good ones you and I know that it is nothing like playing a good coordinated group on voice comms.

The level of coordination of a good premade overcomes alot of the obstacles you have mentioned for the operative. If your an older gamer I would suggest the guild of the same name (it's a pretty big organisation spanning multiple games) and they use TS3.

What server are you on btw?

Well all I have to say is, I have a Juggernaught ... I don't care if they fix this or not.

As for those that say there is a counter by not exposing yourself as a leap target. For real? Have you ever played a WZ in this game .... not only are there idiots who don't have a clue ... you have idiots who intentionally stand there baiting you to jump to them so they can kick your ***. Let's not even get into the idiots who will do it because they got stuck on a team opposing their friends, and they want the other team to win (we haven't even discussed how moronic that design is). So you jump to these targets, immediately push them off, and go about the business of scoring, while your opponents scramble across the scaffolding trying to get to you.

There is never a lack of leap targets in ANY WZ .... and I seldom lose when I play my Juggernaught .... I never lose if there's another Sith Warrior on the same team. Give me another Sith Warrior and an Assassin .... we'll run the game, 6-0 ... I don't care what your levels are, or if its the 50s bracket.

Its a flawed arena and PvP design, and all the fanboi defense in the world won't change that.

Edited by Zepath

I have a shadow and Huttball is my favorite when I'm playing my shadow. It's just too easy for me, I get into position at the right place at the right time and there's no stopping me or I'm going to be too quick, gone and about to score before the opposing team could even make a move.

but what if you face your parallel universe evil (or good) counterpart? Then you'll be like Dwight (from The Office) karate fighting himself to a stalemate.

but what if you face your parallel universe evil (or good) counterpart? Then you'll be like Dwight (from The Office) karate fighting himself to a stalemate.

Actually this is pretty much why Huttball is still reasonably balanced despite the glaring favoritism for some classes, because unless you're the only Assassin in the game you just end up fighting your evil twin.