Bioware on HUTTBALL

pbxsparx

Dude, stop with the rare scenarios. For every 10 PTs, maybe 1 is a shieldtech. Because aside from huttball, they are way behind other tanks. Even then, I will take a Tanksin or a Jugg over a Shieldtech in huttball.

And while Grapple is a good ability, it is still WAY behind Rescue/Extrication/speed boost and friendly jumps, simply because of its limitation on resolved capped players. Friendly pulls/jumps have no such limitation, another proof that this game favors Force users.

Whoa, hold on here. You think ally pulls are better than offensive? R U SERIOUS? Offensive pulls are probably the one and only thing I think might be overpowered in huttball. A team with 3-4 pullers cannot be scored on.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you take away the leaps from knights then all they got left is one single push, sentinents dont even have push so they are screwed. Now huttball will just be based on who has the most cc and knock back. That means sages and their imp counterpart. Next people will cry about push and pulls in huttball being op. People will cry about anything. Cry about knights in huttball is stupid. What about other wz, rated will be with other wzs too. A team of knights wont do **** in other wz. If u cry go cry about shadows. They got stealht speed and pull and tank like a knight. Ever thought of that? The dps classes roles arent meant to carry the ball but take out the healers and ball carriers on other team. They still have plenty of utility to play with. A team with one shadow and one knight will win over a team with three knights. Fact. My team won plenty games like that. So learn to play and dont cry about stupid stuff that will only destroy the game and create more criers

Whoa, hold on here. You think ally pulls are better than offensive? R U SERIOUS? Offensive pulls are probably the one and only thing I think might be overpowered in huttball. A team with 3-4 pullers cannot be scored on.

I think you are playing a totally different Huttball game. Yes, BY FAR, friendly pulls are probably the SINGLE MOST effective and abused strategy in the entire huttball game. I dont understand how you are even arguing with simple logic. A ball carrier with a capped resolve (which lasts a LONG time) can NOT be pulled by foes. Yet, regardless of his resolve bar, he can be friendly pulled 2, 3 even 4 times straight into the end zone. What huttball world are you living in?

There's one reason why guards / sages are slightly better in huttball:

They dont need the team to shine.

No "I hope he sees me and passes the ball to me since I'm in a good position" - pull.

No "Hmm that guy is in a good position, I wonder if he stays and doesnt move out of the receiving zone" - leap

No "Hmm my team is zerging, no one moves to a good position." - leap to stupid enemy

As a stealth operative it's "I'm in an awesome position. Ballcarrier PLEASE PASS TO ME! Pretty please!" - nope

I would say that Healer then cannot heal if in the other team there is no healer

because having a team with no healer vs a team with 2 healer will ALWAY make you lose they can do stuff u can't

You complain only because 2 class bring some advantage to a team in certain condition

Healer bring advantage to a team in ALL condition specially when the other team has NONE

and what about class with AOE in voidstar if the other team has no AOE?

and again invisible class in Civil/Novare they can defend/attack without beeing seen

what a whiner. LTP is the answer

Edited by Pekish

I think you are playing a totally different Huttball game. Yes, BY FAR, friendly pulls are probably the SINGLE MOST effective and abused strategy in the entire huttball game. I dont understand how you are even arguing with simple logic. A ball carrier with a capped resolve (which lasts a LONG time) can NOT be pulled by foes. Yet, regardless of his resolve bar, he can be friendly pulled 2, 3 even 4 times straight into the end zone. What huttball world are you living in?

I think you haven't been playing with good Powertechs in Huttball. Even a non-tank specced Powertech will routinely pull enemy ball carriers into fire pits multiple times a game. A tank-specced Powertech does this even more often due to reduced CD on the pull, and a root from it.

Every game at least one of our scores is from the enemy team over-committing to score, their ball carrier getting pulled and killed in the flame hazard, and our team having a clear path to goal with no one to stop us.

This is just one scenario, so I'll give you another: Our team is on their goal area, ball carrier gets pushed into fire hazard and dies, their team gets ball, Powertech pulls their team into the fire, gets the ball and scores easily.

Here's the thing: The leaps can be prevented by not standing in a spot to get leaped to. The pulls can't be prevented, the ball carrier can't be in spots where they can't be pulled 100% of the time.

TL;DR: Leaps can be prevented by smart play, pulls can not.

This is stupid.

Every class (in any game) will have an advantage at some point. You have to learn to adapt and anticipate how they are going to use their advantage.

1) Do not allow a guardian to leap to you. If you are LoS of him, its YOUR fault.

2) Save a knock back when a consular is nearby. Or zerg the consular.

3) Position your ranged at locations that guardians/sages WILL likely be at.

Its all about planning and awareness. Yes, they have an edge on this map, but learn to ADAPT. Its not a game breaking edge.

I do admit, that queuing with randoms and those unskilled (or just lacking the skill; level 10 and 49 in same bracket? w.t.f) makes this harder. But at the start, at least someone should call out a strategy.

Stop QQ'ing for easy mode all the time. Life is fun when you win despite the odds!

Edited by AnoriOlko

If you take away the leaps from knights then all they got left is one single push, sentinents dont even have push so they are screwed. Now huttball will just be based on who has the most cc and knock back. That means sages and their imp counterpart. Next people will cry about push and pulls in huttball being op. People will cry about anything.

This. You do realize that 99% of Guardians are NOT going to be tank spec and are therefore still very squishy. If I can't leap, then I can't do jack-all. And any guardians that ARE defense (tank) spec, are going to be part of a premade and have pocket healers. Every time I get the ball, I will do a leap, and then pass it to a Sage. Why? Because they can haul-booty to the goal line, that's why. And they have a 20-sec cooldown on a shield. And they can heal themselves. Force-leap/Guardian leap are cornerstones of the JKG and their imp counterparts. Take that away, and you might as well delete the class, because we don't have much else with regard to huttball. Oh, well I forgot, force-push is AWESOME for pushing your enemy TO your goal line...even though you're not facing your goal line, LOL.

-Shakazulu

p.s. let's have BW fix the huttball glitches that allow players to glitch (i.e. cheat) from the bottom of the pit to the top level, physically passing THROUGH catwalks.

I think you haven't been playing with good Powertechs in Huttball. Even a non-tank specced Powertech will routinely pull enemy ball carriers into fire pits multiple times a game. A tank-specced Powertech does this even more often due to reduced CD on the pull, and a root from it.

Every game at least one of our scores is from the enemy team over-committing to score, their ball carrier getting pulled and killed in the flame hazard, and our team having a clear path to goal with no one to stop us.

This is just one scenario, so I'll give you another: Our team is on their goal area, ball carrier gets pushed into fire hazard and dies, their team gets ball, Powertech pulls their team into the fire, gets the ball and scores easily.

Here's the thing: The leaps can be prevented by not standing in a spot to get leaped to. The pulls can't be prevented, the ball carrier can't be in spots where they can't be pulled 100% of the time.

TL;DR: Leaps can be prevented by smart play, pulls can not.

My friend, check my post history. I am THAT powertech. Powertech is my main, and I do pretty well in PvP. In fact, in our premade, we do just as well in Huttball, and I often carry the ball and score, even as a Pyro. I know all the advantages and limitations of PTs. Still, I stand behind everything else I said in previous posts.

And what is your team doing this whole time? Just staring up at them on your platforms and waving because it would be rude to knock them off after they worked so hard to walk over there?

i mostly queue solo, so yes. most of the time the rest of the pugs are watching them score over and over while they fight someone nowhere near the ball carrier.

friendly pull and leap are not affected by resolve. there is no reliable way to stop a leap-pull chain. if bioware still wants an e-sport atmosphere, theyre going to have to make sure that no class has any advantage over another when considering the mechanics of the objectives.

I have 3 videos that shows skills trumphs team compositions in huttball. In those videos there are the exact amount of knights, consulars and their counter class on imp side, somtimes even less.

Meanings 2 knights 4 consulars vs exact amount of their imp mirrors sometimes even more. Yet they won 6-1. 6-2 and 6-0.

The videos are here http://youtube.com/gsquyrb

Just check among the 5 latest uploads.

I have no idea why people still think Sages are overpowered for Huttball. Ranged classes can kill them when they try to run across, and most melee class can kill them while they're trying to get to higher ground. Now trying to play Huttball without a Guardian is rather crazy, but can be done if you've an advantage in the number of grapples, though it's something I'd rather not do.

The best way to counter leapers is "line of sight". Of course, it is not always possible, but many times leapers would fail if players would just use line of sight more. Put obstacles in between you and leapers near your endzone. Walk on the OTHER side of the path where they can't see to jump to you. I've actually scored many times on my Gunslinger by using line of sight (and cover haha) so the enemy couldn't get to me.

You pull the Sorc pulling the ally. He pretty much never has a full resolve. Or just kill them with anybody before they get to the highest point (at that point it's 50/50 on who wins the KB war so not a good strat).

Ally pull is a joke compared to charge ally because you can actually charge to guys who don't die the moment they're exposed.

The issue is that the Obstacles in HUTTBALL could easily be disregarded by the 2 classes. There are 3 levels of floors starting from the pit (trench) up until the highest floor (3rd). Picture it and just imagine how knights could just bypass most of the pathway and obstacles provided they have a visible target to leap to,

The obvious solution is play smarter and don't give them a visible target to leap to.

Instead of crying for nerfs or buffs, how about you just use your noggin'?

The obvious solution is play smarter and don't give them a visible target to leap to.

Instead of crying for nerfs or buffs, how about you just use your noggin'?

sometimes there is nothing you can do about it. the fastest way back into combat is to leave the spawn area through your endzone. the 2-3s window that youre on/near the goal line is all an opponent needs to jump to you.

Why make ball carriers immune to knockbacks? Immunity from knockbacks can be acquired through resolve.

If you say ball carriers who has knockbacks skills gets those skills disabled whilst carrying the ball then that would make more sense than being immune to knockbacks.

You missed his point, obviously....

Learn to play your class and stop crying

Or just que with the classes you need

Thank you. If you want to be a ball carrier, play a better ball carrier class.

THAT BEING SAID - ANYONE can be a ball carrier for a few secs if you have a GOOD team who thinks and goes ahead and makes themselves available to pass. Case in point, my LEVEL 16 bounty hunter made a score last night. One game, our team was almost all mid range/lower dps with one tank and one healer...not ONE Inquisitor. Other team ahd three high level inquisitors. The game was a draw : 0-0. They could move the ball a little better, but we were slaughtering their whole team constantly.

End story: I have a 48 Inquisitor who is fun to score with (but dps aint as hot and talk about SQUISHY!) and I have a 16 Bounty Hunter who I enjoy slaughtering others off the ball carrier. Both are fun - each class has their pluses. Its only fair. I think it'd be pretty boring if everyone did everything. Then whats the point of trying out different classes.

It doesn't even make sense lore-wise. It's supposed to be this super heavy ball and that's why you are slowed down while carrying it. Why would you be able to jump and leap everywhere if you can't even run?

But then again, the ball carrier would have to be immune to physics? Imagine not being able to knock him off or grabbing him with the harpoon.

As a side note, from what I've seen, the most effective way to cap is to pass the ball and not have an uber ball-carrier going all Emmit Smith. I even scored points with my sniper and that wasn't from carrying from my pit to their endzone.

Edited by lpsmash

I wonder how many players posting in this thread realize that this is exactly why Huttball is the best warzone map? So many players hate Huttball and only think they know why...but the real reason can be found among these pages. Huttball is a true team based warzone. It takes more teamwork to win here than on any other map, but most players are so solo play oriented, they simply don't get why they always lose at Huttball.

1) It must be the Juggs/Guardians because they can leap. No, it's because of the idiot PUGger who respawned and ran to the edge of the pit giving them someone to leap to for an easy score. The warrior leap ability is 100% useless if there is no strategic advantage to scoring. Do not be a target of opportunity.

2) It must be the Sage/Sorcs who can speed burst through hazards while carrying the ball. No, it's the players worried about 1vs1 kills who let these opponents camp up on the catwalks and wait for passes in the first place. Snipers, this is your job. Control the catwalks.

There are far too many PvPers who don't know their class, even 6 months into the game. There is a hard counter to every class, period. If you don't know your role in warzones, stop crying on the forums and go figure it out.

You pull the Sorc pulling the ally. He pretty much never has a full resolve. Or just kill them with anybody before they get to the highest point (at that point it's 50/50 on who wins the KB war so not a good strat).

Ally pull is a joke compared to charge ally because you can actually charge to guys who don't die the moment they're exposed.

Apparently you are not aware of the grapple LOS issues. Unless you have a clear line of sight, and even then it can glitch, you're not grappling a smart Sorc, especially if he sticking himself deep inside the endzone and will only come out when the ball carrier is close. You might as well run to the endzone yourself and fight him there.

People consider grapple/pulls as something OP simply because they only see the times where it is effective. For ever good pull into a hazard, or out of the scoring line, there is 1-2 other bad pulls that just either glitched, or were delayed by lag and hits a capped resolve. Friendly pulls/jumps however are FAILSAFE. You have to go AFK for them not to work properly lol.

Again, I myself am not complaining about the state of huttball. I run most of the time with a good premade, and even as solo queue it can be fun. However, I wouldnt mind it at all if they made friendly pulls/jumps also check for resolve bar.

I dont even know why people are complaining about huttball which is the best, fun and unique map to pvp in swtor right now. This prove to me whiners whine about everything. And doesnt the op said he was queing solo with pugs? No teamwork no win = cry on forum.