Hood toggle coming in 1.3?

BeauRoger

Especially for jedi, most of the armors look the same, there is very little variety in how people look. Hood toggle would help a bit with this, especially for those who simply do not want to hooded look but have no choice. Its been basically half a year since the game released, is the hood toggle coming in 1.3? It should, right?

Meanwhile, in the other side of the Galaxy, my Sith Marauder is having a hard time protecting his glorious red baldness from the endless rain in Kaas City, for his hood is somehow glued to his back and so he can't cover his head.

Personally I'm hoping for a "baby got less back" toggle in 1.3 that makes my Jedi sentinel type 2 frame not look like he has a giant butt when he's wearing the particularly drab Jedi robes, but that's just me :)

Usually I don't notice these things - but the robes are VERY unflattering - so much so my toon very much wants to keep his drawn at all times.

Edited by jgelling

• 2 weeks later...
While they are at it, they need to fix some of the hoods from clipping issues and others (like the Guardian lvl 40 PVP armor) to not look like some little kid's hoodie who shows the whole front of his head.

I have it on good authority that Bioware wants to do 'hood up/down' button and 'helmets under hoods' at the same time.

The problem is it isn't easy. Helmets clip badly on any bodytype that isn't 1 or 2.

'hoods' up/down are hard baked into each armor, so you basically need a button that creates a different version of the same armor [mods and all] with or without hood and automatically equips it.

That is obviously not an easy thing to accomplish.

This is becoming a make it or break it option for me. I have wanted this more than anything else since launch and it seems to be ignored. Starting to feel like the devs just could care less and thats whats most frustrating.

I'm in the same boat as yourself. It's one of those little features I was really looking forward to at launch or even perhaps the first major patch after launch.. But FIVE months later and barely anything has changed aside from the Legacy system.. Which costs an arm and a leg to even begin to use.. But I digress, I'm probably not going to stay subscribed much longer if this doesn't change soon.