changes to commando healers id like to see

rjavig

so i've been thinking a bit of what id like to see happen for commando healers in 1.3 after playing it for a good amount of time now. before discussing anything i dont care about saying we suck, reroll another healer, and things like that or super dramatic complaints. i want this to be a constructive and good thread so i can see what other commando healers, that do enjoy healing still, feel like would help us overall and give us more breathing room because i enjoy healing still but feel like some changes do need to be made.

changes-

1. id like to see trauma probe cost 1 instead of 2 ammo because it would give us more of an incentive to use it a bit more and also give us a bit of breathing room instead of feeling like its a sign of death during a boss fight. or also have it cost no ammo again but have a 15-25 second cooldown.

2. i feel that supercharge cell since it got hurt badly should gain a new effect being when used if you use advanced medical probe it will reduce the cost of medical probe by 1 so in total it would make medical probe cost 1 during super charge cell. it would be much better for burst healing and we would have much needed breath room during spike damages instead of worrying about doing one slip up. also it would feel like it has much more of an effect than just giving us 1 ammo back. also it would be like pre 1.22 but only during super charge cell

3. i feel that super charge cell should get the 10% armor buff instead of only 5% because were supposed to be tank healers and i feel that we should have more armor buff then a sage then just a 5%.

4. id love it if we could also get a effect were it would be a 20%- 30% chance to have bacta infusion be ready to use again if we used advanced medical probe. (kind of like using grav round/charged bolt does for full auto but just advanced medical probe doing it for bacta infusion) but can only occur every 10 seconds or so.

these are a few changes id think that would make commando healers have a bit more breathing room and not worry so much about ammo and not worry if they make one slip up.

Edited by rjavig

I do see a few things that you may be confused on. So I will just give you my personal opinion, not trying to bash you. Just adding discussion points.

1. I personally have never used Trauma Probe (or Kolto Shell) as an "oh no" resort heal. It is a preemptive style ability to be used before you know larger amounts of damage are coming to the tank(s). I use it similar to the sage/ sorcerer absorb shield abilities. Before the damage happens, not after.

2. Supercharge Cells is still quite strong as it is. It replenishes ammo and increases healing done by 5% and makes targets hit by Kolto bomb gain +5% to all damage reduction on top of getting the usual +3% healing recieved. It allows you to constantly use a very powerful 2 heal combo with no cool down. Advanced medical probe > Medical probe. This allows you to stack your "Preventative Medicine" and "armor scan" buffs on more than 1 target, which is great for multiple target healing. HoT's and +10% armor on multiple targets, it is super strong.

3. Supercharge Cells never had +% in armor. It was in overall damage reduction. We already have a +10% armor value increase. It is tied into the "Armor Scan" skill in the healing tree. So we have a lot of good buffs going out with our heals.

4. I will just say "I do not like this idea" to having a % chance to refresh Bacta infusion. It is already free and has its cool down reduced by set bonuses. It is strong and has already had its cool down increased (I think).

Edited by DzRocked

I do see a few things that you may be confused on. So I will just give you my personal opinion, not trying to bash you. Just adding discussion points.

1. I personally have never used Trauma Probe (or Kolto Shell) as an "oh no" resort heal. It is a preemptive style ability to be used before you know larger amounts of damage are coming to the tank(s). I use it similar to the sage/ sorcerer absorb shield abilities. Before the damage happens, not after.

2. Supercharge Cells is still quite strong as it is. It replenishes ammo and increases healing done by 5% and makes targets hit by Kolto bomb gain +5% to all damage reduction on top of getting the usual +3% healing recieved. It allows you to constantly use a very powerful 2 heal combo with no cool down. Advanced medical probe > Medical probe. This allows you to stack your "Preventative Medicine" and "armor scan" buffs on more than 1 target, which is great for multiple target healing. HoT's and +10% armor on multiple targets, it is super strong.

3. Supercharge Cells never had +% in armor. It was in overall damage reduction. We already have a +10% armor value increase. It is tied into the "Armor Scan" skill in the healing tree. So we have a lot of good buffs going out with our heals.

4. I will just say "I do not like this idea" to having a % chance to refresh Bacta infusion. It is already free and has its cool down reduced by set bonuses. It is strong and has already had its cool down increased (I think).

thats fine or this wouldnt be a discussion.

1. thats what i use but you cant use as an "oh no" if your at 8 ammo due to using your other abilities. you can only really use it as an "oh no" if your full ammo and arent expecting to pop a high heal. even as a pre or before a huge hit would occur you might be restricted already during the fight do to needing to heal others if an aoe attack occurred. sages have an easier time being able to place there shield while commandos have to think carefully before being able to toss trauma probe because ammo cost and it only goes on one targe

2. you might be able to but your only going to be able to put at max to 3 targets prev. med and armor scan before you start going to the degenerating ammo. its helpful but you'll run out of ammo by doing it on 4 so is a huge risk putting these on to everyone.

3.why im saying we need more is because sages also get one but arent a tank heal on heres thats also 10% and i feel as a single target healer/tank healer we need a better armor buff or damage reduction than a sages then just a 5%.

4. the reason i say this because sages get a skill that reduces force for a move or gives them a 60% critical chance increase on top of there normal one. we dont get a critical chance bonus at all so doing this would give s that extra push during a tough spike damage phase. and also giving us more of a chance to do better burst heals. also advanced medical probe has a 9 second cooldown so if you dont do it the first time to reduce the cooldown your bacta infusion would be replenished by itself before the effect kicked in unless your using super charge cell. this would be the only time it would really be effective do to the fact that no cooldown for adv probe. but if not during it you better hope it procs it or your bi would have its cooldown done already.

Edited by rjavig

Supercharge cell doesn't give you 5% healing bonus, it gives you a 2% healing bonus followed by a -3% healing bonus while you build up charge again. Pretty un-super. It also doesn't unlock an amazing "combo," because you're actually better off just using AMP on multiple different targets, since with the HoT and armor it's actually better than MP (which no longer costs less than it even with the "combo").

I would be a big fan of abilities removing CD on bacta infusion or rapidly reducing cooldown on tech override and reserve cell. They've already insisted on making healing like a dps rotation, at the very least they could let Combat Medics manage ammo the same way dps do...

I find it interesting that Bacta Infusion is the only top tier skill in the commando trees that has a cooldown longer than 15 seconds. Demo round is 15 seconds, plastique is 15 seconds and bacta infusion is 21 seconds. Just a small change that would help quite a bit to be able to fit it into the rotation more often.

I find it interesting that Bacta Infusion is the only top tier skill in the commando trees that has a cooldown longer than 15 seconds. Demo round is 15 seconds, plastique is 15 seconds and bacta infusion is 21 seconds. Just a small change that would help quite a bit to be able to fit it into the rotation more often.

yea same here but probably since no ammo cost i believe still id love if my #4 came in 1.3 :)

we actually do have one now its emergency medical probe you get it at level 50 same as the other heal classes.

Oh wow, guess that sums up where I'm at in my leveling on my commando lol. Glad to see we get one. Thanks for this post. Will continue to post as ideas come to me. Good thoughts! Keep them coming :)

thats fine or this wouldnt be a discussion.

1. thats what i use but you cant use as an "oh no" if your at 8 ammo due to using your other abilities. you can only really use it as an "oh no" if your full ammo and arent expecting to pop a high heal. even as a pre or before a huge hit would occur you might be restricted already during the fight do to needing to heal others if an aoe attack occurred. sages have an easier time being able to place there shield while commandos have to think carefully before being able to toss trauma probe because ammo cost and it only goes on one targe

you can't use trauma probe as an 'oh no' ability because it's absolutely useless in that regard.

400 for each attack? it mitigates ongoing damage to help along the way. it is not a skill that can save someone from death, no matter how much ammo you have.

you're literally better off just spamming hammer shot instead, which won't save anyone from near death either.

and using trauma probe > hammer shot will give you, with a fraction of a second more, your 2 ammo back.

you can't use trauma probe as an 'oh no' ability because it's absolutely useless in that regard.

400 for each attack? it mitigates ongoing damage to help along the way. it is not a skill that can save someone from death, no matter how much ammo you have.

you're literally better off just spamming hammer shot instead, which won't save anyone from near death either.

and using trauma probe > hammer shot will give you, with a fraction of a second more, your 2 ammo back.

actually my trauma probe usually heals from 600-950. it crits a lot still wont save someone but i mean as in "oh no" in placing it before a huge damage as in pre so you have a small mitigation and can heal with your high heals at the same time. for example foreman crushers frenzy. place tp before it happens. for me its usefull only because it heals mostly always 800 so plus a normal heal usually that heals from 2k-6k thats an extra 800 in there, plus premtive mdeicine which is 450 when crit so from bonus heal its 1250 every second and thats without the 114 from my relic each second. so sorry if i confused people but i ment as in oh no as in before huge spike damages so you can have 10 small heal mitigations that range for me 600-950 most of the time

How cool would it be if support cell allowed all of our regular damage skills to be used for healing instead? (Will never happen but I'm just saying)

Would make soloing kind of awkward.

Edited by Arzoo

How cool would it be if support cell allowed all of our regular damage skills to be used for healing instead? (Will never happen but I'm just saying)

haha you would not be able to attack at all would kind of make you not a smart choice as a healer because no dps in between heals as in soa fight during 3rd stage and so on. also like the other guy said soloing dailies and all would take forever due to just having companion dps

Supercharge cell doesn't give you 5% healing bonus, it gives you a 2% healing bonus followed by a -3% healing bonus while you build up charge again. Pretty un-super. It also doesn't unlock an amazing "combo," because you're actually better off just using AMP on multiple different targets, since with the HoT and armor it's actually better than MP (which no longer costs less than it even with the "combo").

I would be a big fan of abilities removing CD on bacta infusion or rapidly reducing cooldown on tech override and reserve cell. They've already insisted on making healing like a dps rotation, at the very least they could let Combat Medics manage ammo the same way dps do...

Ok, so yeah. it really only gives you +2%. Was fixated on reading the tool-tip directly, forgot about the cells 30 stacks giving +3%. Thanks for noting that :)

But I think you don't regard PVP combat in your thoughts. Although what you say may be true for PVE in the harder Ops or nightmare modes (which I have not done yet. I PVP more often). The AMP>MP combo is absolutely OP in terms of healing yourself, or another player in PVP. When a Commando/ Mercenary healer can out heal 3-4 people attacking them (or their target), I would say that is super strong. Obviously its not a great combo for more than 2-3 targets being attacked at once, but it's still great for 1-2. Half a warzone team should not have that much trouble against 1 person. Because we all know the majority of these "fixes" were because of PVP combat.

Ok, so yeah. it really only gives you +2%. Was fixated on reading the tool-tip directly, forgot about the cells 30 stacks giving +3%. Thanks for noting that :)

But I think you don't regard PVP combat in your thoughts. Although what you say may be true for PVE in the harder Ops or nightmare modes (which I have not done yet. I PVP more often). The AMP>MP combo is absolutely OP in terms of healing yourself, or another player in PVP. When a Commando/ Mercenary healer can out heal 3-4 people attacking them (or their target), I would say that is super strong. Obviously its not a great combo for more than 2-3 targets being attacked at once, but it's still great for 1-2. Half a warzone team should not have that much trouble against 1 person. Because we all know the majority of these "fixes" were because of PVP combat.

yes that is true i wasnt really regarding pvp just pve since thats what i mostly run in pvp it is a good 1,2 combo if your only worrying about 1-2 people but in most cases thats not pvp because multiple people get hit but since i do run a lot of pve id want to see the changes since it would be a bit easier even if only one change was made