Cover is STILL broken

Goldenstar

At least 4-5 times per WZ match, I'll hit my cover hotkey, roll halfway to a cover location, and stand right up. If I try to go into cover again before moving I get the "Unknown Effect Result" error message. This is game breaking for a marks sniper, 2-3s outside of cover with a melee opponent beating your face in means death. FIX THIS ASAP BIOWARE.

Sorry Candyman, but you're wrong. All of the cover functions are old and busted... not just the auto roll to cover. Read some of the other comments about all the various bugs related to the crouch and cover, or just keep playing your seemingly non-bugged game without any interruption. These comments about bugs are here for a reason.

Sorry Candyman, but you're wrong. All of the cover functions are old and busted... not just the auto roll to cover. Read some of the other comments about all the various bugs related to the crouch and cover, or just keep playing your seemingly non-bugged game without any interruption. These comments about bugs are here for a reason.

Sorry but I haven't had any crouch issues since they fixed it in a patch a couple weeks back. After 1.2 it broke but they fixed it. I haven't had any crouch issues in weeks.

Yep Candyman, you're amoung the few who either don't have the issue, or don't care about the issue and just continue to play with it. However, Lots of people (according to all the comments about bugs lately), are definately experiencing what the few are not.

I've even asked around on my server, and there are some who either don't experience it, or just don't care enough to say it matters. But, Lots of us do care about this issue, since this bug is the primary function of the slinger/sniper.

Take cover in place seems to be working fine now, BUT take cover (roll to cover) is totally busted. Considering that rolling into cover provides many advantages in pvp over taking cover in place (no screen and defense bonus are HUGE advantages) this is a very big deal. I would venture to guess that anyone who hasn't experienced this bug since the patch is probably unaware that there are 2 different cover binding (which is sad, because the later is so much better).

As of now, if I've got an enemy targeted and I go to roll into cover I will either get an error message or I will roll halfway to the cover spot and take cover in place (screen comes out). It's pretty much exactly as the OP described.

Hmm, 26 levels through pvp alone (now 44) in Marksmanship spec the majority of the time.. which is the most cover reliant spec and I don't have any issues with crouch cover for the most part. I stopped using natural cover a long time ago. There are places where you can't crouch cover, but for the most part I just stay away from those areas.... like close to ledges or on certain objects...I don't feel that cover is broken, doesn't hurt my gameplay at all.

Hmm, 26 levels through pvp alone (now 44) in Marksmanship spec the majority of the time.. which is the most cover reliant spec and I don't have any issues with crouch cover for the most part. I stopped using natural cover a long time ago. There are places where you can't crouch cover, but for the most part I just stay away from those areas.... like close to ledges or on certain objects...I don't feel that cover is broken, doesn't hurt my gameplay at all.

Crouch cover has no problems. It's the rolling into natural cover that is broken.

The cover screen is fine for me and roll into cover is in pve situations but cover roll is not reliable in pvp atm to many times it does the half way roll and stand which is not great lol

Rolling into natural cover offers the sniper a serious advantage in pvp. Good snipers rely on this function quite a bit for mobility. Try taking force sprint or leap off your toolbar. Bottom line, stop listing work arounds for us..... we know how to drop cover in place. Bioware needs to fix this bug asap.