Cheating or just l33t?

HolyFrogx

I'm one of these players who regularly cries to himself at how hard it is to pvp against well organised group of imps. As a disorganised knight, I can be taken out of the game pretty easily -> knock back, root, pull in, root, stun, root, knock back, root, pull in, root, stun. I normally keep the whinges to myself about that.

But the below, is surely just cheating.

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj376/twolny/Screenshot_2012-05-13_16_54_09_788366.jpg

462,726 damage in one round of Voidstar.

Did you guys miss the part where he said "one round"? As much as everyone likes to stroke their e-peen on forums, that's still amazing damage output. Not that it means anything other than high uptime and lots of AoEs, but it's certainly not cheating OR a minor accomplishment. Wrecking face is wrecking face.

Did you guys miss the part where he said "one round"? As much as everyone likes to stroke their e-peen on forums, that's still amazing damage output. Not that it means anything other than high uptime and lots of AoEs, but it's certainly not cheating OR a minor accomplishment. Wrecking face is wrecking face.

It's impossible to win 6-0 at Voidstar in just one round. If you attack first and score 6 then the other team will get the same amount of time stuck at the first door. If you attack second and they scored 0 the game will end after just one door (can be very quick) and the score will be 1-0. The OP must, thus, mean one game rather than one round.

That said, 400k damage when nobody else breaks 200k and there aren't any healers on either side (so longer is spent in the respawn point) is pretty impressive. Certainly doable for a Pyrotech, though.

I love how the OP cries in generalchat at the same time and asks how he takes a screenshot.

Its single instance btw, he stated that in the chat so a normal two rounder, nothing to see here. You'll have to call many people cheaters if you continue to PvP and find such numbers amazing @OP.

Wait !!! Stop everything.. in the other thread the PTs are swearing to holy, family and country that they are not amy better than any other class. Are you saying occasional PT are sexy and defy there crazt oods. Are you sating this particular PT know s how to play his class as opposed to othe PTRs. Or are you saying some much more insidous like most PT are noobs?

Wait !!! Stop everything.. in the other thread the PTs are swearing to holy, family and country that they are not amy better than any other class. Are you saying occasional PT are sexy and defy there crazt oods. Are you sating this particular PT know s how to play his class as opposed to othe PTRs. Or are you saying some much more insidous like most PT are noobs?

No, just that the damage he did isn't amazing for a VS. I did pull similar numbers in IF spec even in the lowbie bracket. The only amazing thing is how low the numers of the other are, taken into account that they played one round till core and round round complete defense.

I'm one of these players who regularly cries to himself at how hard it is to pvp against well organised group of imps. As a disorganised knight, I can be taken out of the game pretty easily -> knock back, root, pull in, root, stun, root, knock back, root, pull in, root, stun. I normally keep the whinges to myself about that.

But the below, is surely just cheating.

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj376/twolny/Screenshot_2012-05-13_16_54_09_788366.jpg

462,726 damage in one round of Voidstar.

I average 600k+ Per voidstar, 400k-500k+ Huttball 300-800k+ in Alderaan and 300-500k+ at the coast.

No cheating either, and I'm a knight. Just keep practicing and if you are not just some troll send me a message and Maybe i can help you out.

If you don't believe me, go ahead and feel free to click my "R60" since many people don't like to believe my claims. Either way i like to help people, so if you want some tips just hit me up a message, too lazy to post a lot atm :x

Edited by Kayse

So the consensus is: this is fine.

I've seen people top 300k all of 2 or 3 times in a shidtonne of sub level-50 pvp. If its normal for the pros, then so be it. But I am certain, seeing over 400k in Bolstered pvp is definitely not normal. If its a player just being exceptionally good, then I'll take it and thanks for the input. I should learn to lift my game if that's the case.

The only people that I've seen who think they're L33t use /say to call people names when they can't take them down. As a healer I know if I try to go DPS against a DPS, I'll lose so it's best to heal till the idiot gets bored.

1v1 or your fail is not a challenge... when you're a DPS challenging a healer. Or calling someone a coward because they're doing their job and healing... I think my team would be pretty peed off if I stopped doing my job :lol:

Also i just noticed you have 90 Expertise Health stims...Those are like crack to me. You're on a good start there. :D

Also another edit, I'm not sure but I'm willing to wager that that bounty hunter was a Powertech? I woudlnt really say l337 or skilled personally merely for the class he is playing as of right now powertechs are absurdly strong and have by far the biggest burst in the game. I can get critted for 7k+ sometimes by some of my realms top geared powertechs it's a lil out of hand x(

Edited by Kayse

800dps

Oh noes, several guys over 400k, they must be cheating. How do you do 100-170k in what clearly was a long voidstar?

What server ist that? Because I just might make a twink there just for giggles in warzones.

That's 740, but still nice, very close to our top "sage" damage on Shien.

I just wanted to post to laugh at your biggest hit being 4999...So close to that 5k medal..XD!

800dps

Oh noes, several guys over 400k, they must be cheating. How do you do 100-170k in what clearly was a long voidstar?

What server ist that? Because I just might make a twink there just for giggles in warzones.

Not sure if you noticed that the op is in the pre-50 PvP bracket. Far easier to pull those huge numbers in the 50 PvP bracket. That being said, doing 400k in the sub 50 bracket isn't impossible, so I wouldn't call it cheating.

Also i just noticed you have 90 Expertise Health stims...Those are like crack to me. You're on a good start there. :D

Also another edit, I'm not sure but I'm willing to wager that that bounty hunter was a Powertech? I woudlnt really say l337 or skilled personally merely for the class he is playing as of right now powertechs are absurdly strong and have by far the biggest burst in the game. I can get critted for 7k+ sometimes by some of my realms top geared powertechs it's a lil out of hand x(

7k+ single hit? really?

7k+ single hit? really?

Bah! I just got done explaining this to someone else! XD! Ill just copy/paste what i said to them to you just ignore the minor flaming. It's easily possible if you stack your gear correct.

Here

"Tip, crit/surge caps at 30/70%, if you notice your BM/WH gear stacks surge/crit past those limits, which is honestly completely pointless.

If you have the money and the willingness to believe me on this, swap all the mods out of your gloves for power mods and replace all your crit/surge mods with them. The change you will see will make you laugh so hard. I went from 2-3k Merciless slashes to 4-6.7k.

Just try it and you will see what i mean xP surprised more people don't do it :s

heres a small graph of how power scales towards DPS, if that helps any."

Too lazy to retype what i just said to someone else. I've personally done a 16k total master strike on some people, juggernauts even, with my power stacking method, and i have hit 6.7k Merciless slashes in the past, none higher than that yet though. And yes i am well aware that Railshot and MS/MCS are two different skills, just an analogy :p

Bah! I just got done explaining this to someone else! XD! Ill just copy/paste what i said to them to you just ignore the minor flaming. It's easily possible if you stack your gear correct.

Here

"Tip, crit/surge caps at 30/70%, if you notice your BM/WH gear stacks surge/crit past those limits, which is honestly completely pointless.

If you have the money and the willingness to believe me on this, swap all the mods out of your gloves for power mods and replace all your crit/surge mods with them. The change you will see will make you laugh so hard. I went from 2-3k Merciless slashes to 4-6.7k.

Just try it and you will see what i mean xP surprised more people don't do it :s

heres a small graph of how power scales towards DPS, if that helps any."

Too lazy to retype what i just said to someone else. I've personally done a 16k total master strike on some people, juggernauts even, with my power stacking method, and i have hit 6.7k Merciless slashes in the past, none higher than that yet though. And yes i am well aware that Railshot and MS/MCS are two different skills, just an analogy :p

If i doesn't work, I´ll send you the bill :D

If i doesn't work, I´ll send you the bill :D

Haha alright :p if they introduce cross-server mailing and you are not happy let me know!

I personally am surprised more people havnt already done this yet.

But be advised I am not sure on your "crit chance" is with your procs, so it may vary. If you can get 100% crits with some procs, go with it. I only have 17% Crit chance myself because i threw all my crit chance mods out because i have zen (100% crit chance already) and a few others. It may vary for class to class because of this, but for the most part i assure you you will notice a huge increase.

Another tip - Go armormech get full Aug gear and stack those with surge augments until you hit 70%, rest Power. I have 3 surge and 4 overkill augments (+18 pow/12 end) and then i went Biochem and got the rakata stim for 112power + 46 str and i also use the rakata power stim/power wh relics. Which adds 992 + the 46 str (Excluding augments/mod swapping)

My Damage(Pri) as a sent, challenge you to find one with higher ^_^ I turned watchman into a burst spec xD

Edited by Kayse

I love the e-peeners posting their L50 numbers not realizing this guy's screenshot is from a 1-49 bolstered warzone. Damage in 50 PvP can be ridiculous, things are much more normalized under 50. It's rare for people to get over 300K in 1-49. I've personally never seen someone get over 400K.

However, I think it can be done since I have broken 300K quite a few times on a hybrid scoundrel with semi-decent gear. A full DPS build with best-in-slot gear should be able to break 400K. And by best-in-slot I mean full purples and augmented slots. What level was the player? Someone who is 48 or 49 and decked out with all the purples and toys will be on a different level than everyone else in the warzone.

I love the e-peeners posting their L50 numbers not realizing this guy's screenshot is from a 1-49 bolstered warzone. Damage in 50 PvP can be ridiculous, things are much more normalized under 50. It's rare for people to get over 300K in 1-49. I've personally never seen someone get over 400K.

However, I think it can be done since I have broken 300K quite a few times on a hybrid scoundrel with semi-decent gear. A full DPS build with best-in-slot gear should be able to break 400K. And by best-in-slot I mean full purples and augmented slots. What level was the player? Someone who is 48 or 49 and decked out with all the purples and toys will be on a different level than everyone else in the warzone.

I did notice, and it is possible. Highest i have seen in lowbies on shien was actually 560k or so, ironically also a powertech. And I am wiling to guess that they were 48/49 just grinding out the lowbies. It's true that a high lvled person will always have a huge upper hand on the lowbies now. I have a friend who doodles on a vanguard in the lowbies, lvl 43, who can break 18k hp and tank the entire enemy team the whole game. Can supply screenies to back up my claims as well, if he will get on <.<" If not you are more than welcome to come on Shien and find Mokarran to see for yourself :p

Either way the lowbies is a horrible method of telling if a person is skilled or l337 regardless because of the obvious lvl advantages and 50s are where its on a more lvl playing field, excluding gear. In other words OP wait until you hit 50 it will be a huge shift.

Edited by Kayse