Server merges are needed for world PvP.

LoKiei

My server was heavy at launch and is now light, on the fleet today there were 30-40 people.

You will almost never run into the enemy faction in open world areas and outlaws den is always empty.

This needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Even at launch when people were actually playing story material and with heavy server status open world PvP still sucked ***.

For the most part SWTOR has had the worst PvP experience I've ever played. End game PvP sucks (And now there is no end game PvP), open world PvP sucks, and now class balance sucks.

well. we don't have any open world PVP now and, tbh, we never had. Ilum was a fail since start.

I have no idea if Devs have any plans for open World PvP but it may be too late for it. SWTOR lost the potential to form communities for each server mainly due to lack of oPvP and the way interaction between sides take place (or not). Also, making WZs for same side is not helping + lack of rated WZs.

Honestly, other games start to look more and more appealing right now. My guild is down to 3 people (from 50+) so there isnothing that holds me here except 30 free days left.

well. we don't have any open world PVP now and, tbh, we never had. Ilum was a fail since start.

I have no idea if Devs have any plans for open World PvP but it may be too late for it. SWTOR lost the potential to form communities for each server mainly due to lack of oPvP and the way interaction between sides take place (or not). Also, making WZs for same side is not helping + lack of rated WZs.

Honestly, other games start to look more and more appealing right now. My guild is down to 3 people (from 50+) so there isnothing that holds me here except 30 free days left.

There was open world PvP when the servers were heavy, even the event lead to some open world PvP(note I am talking about PvP servers) but the server pops drastically reduce the chance of running into enemy players or starting a fight.

server merges are needed on my server (and i suspect many others) even for instanced pvp.

There are no republic teams at all and usually only 2 imperial teams.

Yesterday (Saturday) the first games were not until 18.30pm and the last were at 21.30; it was the same 15/16 people queueing. This has gone on for several weeks now and is only getting worse.

My server was heavy at launch and is now light, on the fleet today there were 30-40 people.

You will almost never run into the enemy faction in open world areas and outlaws den is always empty.

This needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

wot world pvp? :)

There was open world PvP when the servers were heavy, even the event lead to some open world PvP(note I am talking about PvP servers) but the server pops drastically reduce the chance of running into enemy players or starting a fight.

ok, last event might have encouraged some pvp but I didn't even bother to do it and if we are talking about some random chance you run onto some enemy (on pvp server) while levelling there are like 2-3 planets where it is possible. I think that Alderaan and Tatoonie are most probable places to bump on someone as only on those planets questing areas intersect. Again, even if there are some occasional fights it is usually some PvP geared guy ganking some questing/levelling dudes. Outcome is quite easy to forsee, right?

On my server, ToFN, we usually have over 250 ppl on fleet (for Rep side) but still joining queues is quite frustrating due to the fact there is no organised play on Rep side and you can see that many fresh 50s join queues. On one hand it is good as prolly pople switched sides and/or rerolled from dead servers, on the other, it means people are abandoning sinking ship and try to have some fun while it lasts.

Anyway, how fun it is to do same 3-4 WZs? I barely find motivation to do dailies.

Open world pvp: players from opposite factions competing for objectives in the same place, resulting in battles of various sizes. Sound familiar? Yep, the rhakghoul plague event. Best open world pvp to date. More like this, please, B-dub.

Open world pvp: players from opposite factions competing for objectives in the same place, resulting in battles of various sizes. Sound familiar? Yep, the rhakghoul plague event. Best open world pvp to date. More like this, please, B-dub.

oh yeah so only open world PvP we can have in this game now must be:

- on Tatooine or Alderaan

- based on some once in a blue moon event

- consist of some PvE grind fest + random PvP if server pop allows it

very interesting... not

If only peeps actually saw world pvp would they realize that 99% of the time it sucks no matter what.

See DAOC & Warhammer for examples ...

Sitting at a keep or getting zerged by 3x your numbers is so fun....

best implementation i've ever seen of somewhat world pvp was daoc battle grounds. There was just one keep in the middle and 3 little islands and 3 factions. Everyone fought for the middle keep. It was fun. Other than that world PVP sucks and always will....

If only peeps actually saw world pvp would they realize that 99% of the time it sucks no matter what.

See DAOC & Warhammer for examples ...

Sitting at a keep or getting zerged by 3x your numbers is so fun....

oh c'mon. Warhammer and DAOC had the most epic oPvP I saw. Sitting in keep and getting zerged and STILL winning is awesome. Open world, objective based PvP is what builds server communities.

Honestly, can anyone show me an example of any larger-than-guild community on any server in SWTOR?

very interesting... not

well you can also run into the other faction on Hoth, Qesh, belsavis, Voss, and corellia. also a small part of nar shaddaa (in the bonus quest area).

the main problem is that the quest in these areas rarely cause the factions to cross paths. so while LvLing you would have to go out of your way to find PvP. from what i have seen most are not willing to interrupt their lvling time in hopes to find an enemy. so imo the quest should have been laid out in a manner that caused each side to run into each other by just doing their thing.

Edited by majikx

that's my point. you can meet other side either by accdient or when someone is really trying to "pvp".

Now, I forgot one area where I recently had awesome pvp - quite a big one in fact - Black Hole area. Some good Imps came to Rep questing area and we had really nice long fight. Dunno maybe it was like 10 vs 7 or something but it was really fun with multiple resses, heals, respawns and comebacks. Too bad it lasted only like 20 mins but it reminded me of good old Warhammer days.

oh c'mon. Warhammer and DAOC had the most epic oPvP I saw. Sitting in keep and getting zerged and STILL winning is awesome. Open world, objective based PvP is what builds server communities.

Honestly, can anyone show me an example of any larger-than-guild community on any server in SWTOR?

When I played warhammer you got more renown per hour by avoiding the enemy zerg and taking random undefended keeps with your zerg. That is very unfun. Also you must have been ranged in both games... mass open rvr sucks for melee in both games...

if you want open rvr, copy daoc battlegrounds design.

Edited by tynt

very interesting... not

You're right, it was more fun on my server because it has a decent population (though far from what I would call healthy). There are many things that need to happen to make Open World pvp viable, but they all need to be done anyway: address server population issue, more quests that cross paths with other faction, more world events.

Also, calling the world event a grind fest and only mentioning Tat and Alderaan makes it sound like you just want to hate.