Why can so many classes see through stealth?

Phatkillz

With most every game I have played before, only other players with stealth could see through your stealth. Yet in this game just about every other class can see through stealth. Is this working as intended or is it just another hack?

With most every game I have played before, only other players with stealth could see through your stealth. Yet in this game just about every other class can see through stealth. Is this working as intended or is it just another hack?

What do you mean see through stealth? You mean when you're close to them or if they hit you out of stealth with an AOE? Stealth isn't supposed to be an "you can't get me!" button.

Working as intended.

On average, if a player is facing you, they can see you while stealthed from a little further away than in some other games. The cone of vision for this to take place isn't particularly severe though, just try to avoid walking directly in front of people.

Use your blackout/sneak type cooldown to improve your stealth level if you're in a sensitive area where you feel there's a good chance of being seen in stealth.

Edited by ShadowOfVey

If a player is facing you and you don't have any stealth increasing talents, you will be seen at quite a distance by literally everyone (up to 20m). This is why you have talents to increase stealth level and cooldowns to make you undetectable. At point blank range, you will be seen by everyone even with talents and cooldowns running. Stealth isn't total invisibility, but at the same time, nobody has a hard anti-stealth ability/talent except Bounty Hunters, Operatives, Scoundrels, and Troopers - passive sight range is talented only, and the anti-stealth cooldown has, well, a cooldown and a limited range.

Edited by Vid-szhite

If a player is facing you and you don't have any stealth increasing talents, you will be seen at quite a distance by literally everyone (up to 20m). This is why you have talents to increase stealth level and cooldowns to make you undetectable. At point blank range, you will be seen by everyone even with talents and cooldowns running. Stealth isn't total invisibility, but at the same time, nobody has a hard anti-stealth ability/talent except Bounty Hunters, Operatives, Scoundrels, and Troopers - passive sight range is talented only, and the anti-stealth cooldown has, well, a cooldown and a limited range.

20m? Don't think so, buddy.

I only see people going in front of me in stealth at about melee range. If I react fast enough I can catch them. Maybe it's because my character doesn't have a stealth detection talent. I dunno.

This is a fair question to ask and the answer is "working as intended", i believe. But don't get to wrapped up about it, there are many ways to stay out of sight. One main, simple habit to get into. Approach targets from 3 of the 4 available sides. The left, right, and back sides only. They will not see you until it is too late, you will already be able to drop HS on them.

Also, please don't misunderstand "stealth". Stealth is not the same as invisibility. But basically, stick to avoiding their "cone" of vision. Picture a clock face. You're target is standing at 6 o'clock and facing 12 o'clock. Now draw a straight line from the number 10 down to the 6 and another straight line from the 2 to the 6. That's the cone you wanna try to avoid when approaching targets. Seems big, but it's really not. Just form good habits on your approach and you will see a difference. :)