Operation trash

Bioware, please give us a reason to kill trash in operations. It makes them more fun and interesting rather than just a time sink. Some things to add could be extremely rare uber loot drops, schematics, crystals, and other interesting items...think pets. I know there is no rep system in the game, but even something so simple adds some purpose to th grind of killing trash. Make ops more fun by doing this.

What does everyone think?

Bioware, please give us a reason to kill trash in operations. It makes them more fun and interesting rather than just a time sink. Some things to add could be extremely rare uber loot drops, schematics, crystals, and other interesting items...think pets. I know there is no rep system in the game, but even something so simple adds some purpose to th grind of killing trash. Make ops more fun by doing this.

What does everyone think?

Some things to make killing trash mobs a little more than just barriers to the bosses would be nice. I'm actually hoping for faction reputations in the future and it's one of the things going on a list I'm compiling for the suggestion forums.

Some things to add could be extremely rare uber loot drops, schematics, crystals

-Rare world drop Schematic for crystal have a chance to drop.

-41 Color crystal can drop from EC

doesnt mean people wont skip them.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

Adding in faction rep is the easiest way to get players to grind useless stuff. The thing I remember most clearly from old WoW is spamming "DPS LFG Scholo rep run" and getting entire groups that HATED that dungeon, but just HAD to get those last couple thousand points.

Add in faction rep, and if you don't want it to be absolutely necessary to grind it have the vendors just sell cosmetic and social items (pets, crystals, mounts, etc.) that don't have stats you can't get easier someplace else (or don't have faction vendors, give titles for maxing out rep), and the people who want a good grind will be happy just because they have something to work for.

Yeah, faction reputation would be a pretty good idea. Other than that - they do still drop stuff, but rarely atm.

On the other hand, they did add the chests in EC which require you to kill trash that would otherwise be skipable/optional. So I thought that was a pretty good incentive.

There are rare drops that come from the trash drops. Tonight we got some Molecular Stabilizer on EC and a couple months ago we got several Columi implants and earpieces off of the womp rats in KP.

Off topic but my guild ran 2 instances of HM KP yesterday and Karraga's helmet dropped for both OPs groups:eek:

At least have them drop credits and trash items. I don't remember having seen any pretty blue lights when running through EV/KP. Even if there isn't that much cash, it'll at least make me feel like I'm getting something to cover repairs.

At least have them drop credits and trash items. I don't remember having seen any pretty blue lights when running through EV/KP. Even if there isn't that much cash, it'll at least make me feel like I'm getting something to cover repairs.
EC mobs drops a few credits.

I agree though, give them a rare chance to drop crafting mats/schematics and maybe a few credits.

^This. Also a frigging medical droid *near* the entrance to all the FPs and Ops.

There was already a medical droid near all the FP entrances (both on the fleet and off) and they added one for the Ops in 1.2. Or did you never have to run to the Bridge Deck on the Ziost Shadow and back to the Mission deck every time you had to repair?

There was already a medical droid near all the FP entrances (both on the fleet and off) and they added one for the Ops in 1.2. Or did you never have to run to the Bridge Deck on the Ziost Shadow and back to the Mission deck every time you had to repair?

I'm working off the Gav Daragon, but yes, that was annoying too. It just wouldn't be that hard to put a Medical Droid outside every purple door. The lack of one is just a time sink, and only encourages more wipes ("Do I want to bother repairing? Nah, we'll beat it this time even though my gear is slightly compromised.")

Also:

There is a speeder after 2 bosses in EC.

This is lame too. Why isn't there a respawn point for each boss? Again, it wouldn't be that difficult and running back is just a time sink.

I'm not saying I'll unsub over it or anything. It's just needlessly inconvenient.

This is lame too. Why isn't there a respawn point for each boss? Again, it wouldn't be that difficult and running back is just a time sink.

I'm not saying I'll unsub over it or anything. It's just needlessly inconvenient.

The lack of speeders on EC is a huge, unneeded pain. Especially considering all the stupid tunnels and indoor areas that kick you off your personal one so you're forced to walk part of the way.

The don't have a corpse run, you can re spawn in place for most the world, lets not talk about pointless.

I'm not saying you should unsub over it or anything. It's just a needlessly argument about your perception.

The don't have a corpse run, you can re spawn in place for most the world, lets not talk about pointless.

I'm not saying you should unsub over it or anything. It's just a needlessly argument about your perception.

I agree, your argument about my perception is pretty needless. Not everyone plays "that other game."

Thing is, lots of bosses require you to rez at the fleet because your op mates can't get close enough to rez you safely after a wipe. There's also a lengthy cooldown on out-of-combat rez, so it's possible that no one will have it available.

Really there's just no excuse for making us run so much. The only thing I can think of is they are trying to dissuade us from running through trash to the next spawn trigger. And this would be easily remedied by any kind of clicky object before each boss.

They need to drop crafting schematics because those never drop off bosses either from our history.

We got one last night in NiM KP. It was a 24 Power and Accuracy Enhancement. Not horrible but too much accuracy and a lot of mats required to make the enhancement including a data cube. Still was excited to see one drop.