Veng PvE gearing

Xtrema

Just recently started getting into PvE side of things, as I'm collecting Columi gear should I be ripping those mods out and putting them into augmented gear? The 2 and 4 piece bonus for pve vindicator don't seem to be very useful, I rarely have issues with rage so don't need the enrage, not sure how good the reduced range on saber throw is. Thoughts?

How weird?! I literally came here with the same question and this was the first topic on the boards! Spooky.

I am also vengeance specced (i have specced into additional rage from sunder and damage etc) and have the same question - I am full rakata with BH implants and the ear piece. Is it better to rip out all my mods and put them in augmented gear? i have an augmented chest (+ strength and endurance) so I still retain the set bonus BUT I want to know if it is a dps loss if I lose the 2 or 4 piece set bonus and augment everything that i can?

The bonus is nice but I also never have rage issues in boss fights most of the time - will this change if i lose the set bonuses and is the extra strength and endurance gain worth it?

Cheers.

Edited by JamieM

How weird?! I literally came here with the same question and this was the first topic on the boards! Spooky.

I am also vengeance specced (i have specced into additional rage from sunder and damage etc) and have the same question - I am full rakata with BH implants and the ear piece. Is it better to rip out all my mods and put them in augmented gear? i have an augmented chest (+ strength and endurance) so I still retain the set bonus BUT I want to know if it is a dps loss if I lose the 2 or 4 piece set bonus and augment everything that i can?

The bonus is nice but I also never have rage issues in boss fights most of the time - will this change if i lose the set bonuses and is the extra strength and endurance gain worth it?

Cheers.

i thought the armoring mods are linked to the set bonuses or did they never fix them from not transferring yet?

Just recently started getting into PvE side of things, as I'm collecting Columi gear should I be ripping those mods out and putting them into augmented gear? The 2 and 4 piece bonus for pve vindicator don't seem to be very useful, I rarely have issues with rage so don't need the enrage, not sure how good the reduced range on saber throw is. Thoughts?

The enrage bonus is crap for sure ... the reduced range on saber throw on the other hand ... I personally prefer to keep that one.

Sure there are some fights with enough AoE damage for you to not need the rage of saber throw that much (but you would still miss an ability to use with everything on CD), but that's not every fight. You really don't want to get at 10m range to use it mid fight and force charge again when you are rage starved.

See it as a safety card to be sure you are able to use your optimal rotation without rage issues.

Edited by Sogar

The enrage bonus is crap for sure ... the reduced range on saber throw on the other hand ... I personally prefer to keep that one.

instead of that you can get the Marauder two point bonus... reducing the cost of Vicious Throw. With that bonus you have to spend two action points for it and as vengeance, you get one back. This make an outstanding execute phase possible with focus only on Ravage, Vicious Throw and Force Scream ignoring your sundering assault and assault as much as possible

Edited by Karhad

instead of that you can get the Marauder two point bonus... reducing the cost of Vicious Throw. With that bonus you have to spend two action points for it and as vengeance, you get one back. This make an outstanding execute phase possible with focus only on Ravage, Vicious Throw and Force Scream ignoring your sundering assault and assault as much as possible

Er how do you get the Marauder 2 pc set bonus as a Jugg exactly? Surely you need Marauder gear to do that which is medium armour, not heavy and therefore not viable?

you are a damage dealer... do you need heavy armor? not! there is no talent wich benefit from our armor value

edit: you are losing about 430 armor by replacing two parts by medium armor... that is not THE difference. It is quite possible to tank with that amount... but that is not our business as vengeance.

Edited by Karhad

Thanks but no thanks. Our rage pool is tight in our enrage phase but not tight enough for us to benefit a lot about this (especially since that phase is so quick). The 4 piece bonus gives us a boost to our rage generation for the whole fight. That's the only reason why you don't have to use assault even once on most boss fights.

OP, if your doing 16 man NM's, id say it's worth it. I love the 4 piece set bonus, but compared to the augment options, its doesn't really hold a candle. HOWEVER...unless your running maximum progression material, augments are overkill.

Overkill isn't bad, but it's not needed, which means your personal preference is fine. Personally, I hate the look of my columni gear, so i yanked out all my mods except my gloves and helm. gloves I like the look of the gloves, and the helm can be hidden, so I can at least get my 2 set bonus. and so far were doing fine as a guild clearing HM8 man ops

if we were running 16 man NM it may be different, but at this tier you have some flexibility.

Edited by Elyx