The role of a merc in PVP is what exactly?

tehrealdealz

Yeah, I do that post 1.2. Can actually get much higher than that with crits/popped relics/adrenals. Assault plastique, plasma grenade + HIB, I usually use my instacast + free cost cooldowns when doing this so that my plasma grenade doesnt cost rediculous amounts. With crits/adrenals on an average BM sorc I can get 4.2ish AP, Plasma Gren for 2.8ish, HIB for 3.5ish, and they all hit simultanously if you use the instacast plasma gren because of the travel time :). If you count all the DoT's it'd realistically be able to hit higher if you get a couple of DoT's ticking.. I usually try to wear people down a bit with auto's and random damage until about 60% and then if they don't get heals I go full burst. All of this is instant cast too if you use the cooldown, and after you just full auto and usually you can get another HIB straight away.

I feel like pyro's the better of the two specs due to better instant cast dps, combined with the ability to actually kite melee with autoattacks proccing plasma cell, and you still have reasonable burst and good sustained damage aswell. You also get a bit better survivability due to reactive shield cooling down faster, removing slows and of course, the mobility.

Still not a great class, but it can be pretty decent - I've recently gotten over 600k in a few games, but thats probably because my server sucks for skilled PvP..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good players will recognize who poses a big threat if left alone to free cast, and they will pressure you.

i find that if i kill a healer a couple of times the other team smartens up and tries to force me on the defensive, and then i have to work some LoS magic to stay on my target effectively.

i also try to stay near the maximum range so that im not in the thick of the fighting; its easier to stay alive on the edges, people dont seem to notice you as much

Not to brag but im probably one of the best geared and hardest hitting commandos on my server. I would try to lock me out aswell. Yet, it would be nice to actually be able to stand up to marauder/pt or tanksin, or atleast get away.

As it is now, you can do neither, and its far to easy for them to get to you.

a merc is supposed to stand in a good position, and melt people. they can sort of still do this, but are shadowed by better classes, such as marauders and even sorcs, still.

they either need more utility, or more dps. make us glass cannons as we should be, or give us something to hold our glass selves together. or just redo the entire class cuz it's pretty bad. sure there are still mercs that grape people, but what that really means is everyone is really bad.

this regards arsenal mercs, however. pryo mercs can still fly around pointlessly setting people on fire, but they get high overall damage. that's what matters, right? :rolleyes:

I do find it interesting that good players excel in whatever class they play (what an interesting correlation).

I am astounded daily that so few people actually seem to understand this. People get too distracted with looking at numbers at the end of a warzone. Find a good player (watch him, don't look at numbers), watch him play a different class, and notice what he does the same. It is usually his use of completely different abilities to achieve the same warzone objective, NOT STRAIGHT UP KILL SOMEONE 1v1. Heal > Mitigation > CC > DPS in a group. Good groups will have group based specs and understand this, bad groups will be full of DPS/rage quits/nerf class x posts.

i here this all the time, simple fact is that you have heals regardless of your spec. you have a cure that nulls everything beast about a marauder in one key press. mercs are a support class, dealing damage when needed, spot healing when needed.

its not that hard, if you see a melee class use a cd that will make your weak heals while dps traited mean something.....HEAL HIM! IF HE DIES YOUR NEXT!!!

if you see a melee almost killing a target who kites him and is gonna get away....... CC AND KILL HIS TARGET!!! FREE HIM UP SO HE CAN GET BACK INTO THE WARZONE AND SCORE THE BALL/CAP THE POINT.

if you suck as a merc now, no amount of tips or tricks will help you. just pick the fotm class you wanna play while its op and be done with it because we all know thats why you rolled a merc in the 1st place....:eek:

i here this all the time, simple fact is that you have heals regardless of your spec. you have a cure that nulls everything beast about a marauder in one key press. mercs are a support class, dealing damage when needed, spot healing when needed.

its not that hard, if you see a melee class use a cd that will make your weak heals while dps traited mean something.....HEAL HIM! IF HE DIES YOUR NEXT!!!

if you see a melee almost killing a target who kites him and is gonna get away....... CC AND KILL HIS TARGET!!! FREE HIM UP SO HE CAN GET BACK INTO THE WARZONE AND SCORE THE BALL/CAP THE POINT.

if you suck as a merc now, no amount of tips or tricks will help you. just pick the fotm class you wanna play while its op and be done with it because we all know thats why you rolled a merc in the 1st place....:eek:

A 2.5sec cast heal for 2000 hps at the cost of 25% of my ammo....

I'll save you bro!!

merc's debuff cure is for TECH and PHYSICAL dots. marauders dots/debuffs are FORCE, so cannot be removed.