Are Warzones ever going to be cross server?

Dabrixmgp

I have heard that they are and that they arent. Anyone have a definite answer for this? I like playing late nights either after work or when I cant sleep and would love for my queue times to not be ridiculous. Edited by Dabrixmgp

seeing as none of us on the forums are devs, your not going to get a definnite answer on this.

however, taking an informed guess i would say that cross server queues are almost certain at some point, given the amount of interest in them and the fact that something needs to be done about queueing before too many people leave. the question is, how long will it take for the devs to implement them? and how messed up will they be on release?

Edited by looneybinjim

seeing as none of us on the forums are devs, your not going to get a definnite answer on this.

however, taking an informed guess i would say that cross server queues are almost certain at some point, given the amount of interest in them and the fact that something needs to be done about queueing before too many people leave. the question is, how long will it take for the devs to implement them? and how messed up will they be on release?

I guess at least 6months and very messy.

I agree something needs to be done sooner that later. On Xedrix for example the imps have basically quit queing due to losing 95% of the time so after that theres no pvp or maybe a pub vs pub match.

I have already unsubbed and dont fell like paying for a half complete game.

Server transfers, cross server pvp, flashpoint (or dungeon lfg) ques. NONE of these at all really!?

STILL there are sound issues, the auction house search option is laughable and all this time they want me to PAY FOR THIS!!???

Sitting on the fleet, doing dailies or wait 30- 40 mins for a single match if its not during primetime (oh but wait the imperials QUITE QUEING so we cant even pvp.) So there is no match.

I agree something needs to be done sooner that later. On Xedrix for example the imps have basically quit queing due to losing 95% of the time so after that theres no pvp or maybe a pub vs pub match.

I have already unsubbed and dont fell like paying for a half complete game.

Server transfers, cross server pvp, flashpoint (or dungeon lfg) ques. NONE of these at all really!?

STILL there are sound issues, the auction house search option is laughable and all this time they want me to PAY FOR THIS!!???

Sitting on the fleet, doing dailies or wait 30- 40 mins for a single match if its not during primetime (oh but wait the imperials QUITE QUEING so we cant even pvp.) So there is no match.

I play Rep on Legions of Lettow and it is the other way around. Fun times. /le sigh

At least we have short/instant queue times but that is about the only advantage we have.

Edited by Vales

cross server queuing should be bioware biggest priority at the minute.

Order of importance should be:

1. Cross Server Queuing.

2. Patch 1.3

3. Ranked WZs

4. Patch 1.4

If above fails:

5. Server Transfers

6. Server Merges

Every MMO i played it starts out with lots of servers to handle high volume, then it gets merge because they hype is over and people unsub, which is going to happen. I dont see why bioware does not server merge, its a must and their is nothing wrong with a server merge. If so please let me hear it.

1. Cross Server Queuing.

2. Patch 1.3

3. Ranked WZs

4. Patch 1.4

If above fails:

5. Server Transfers

6. Server Merges

Na, server transfers are already needed badly. So my list would be.

1. Server transfers

2. 1.3 (x-server queues for pvp and pve included aswell as a FP group finder)

3. Ranked WZs

4. Merges if point 1 doesnt do the trick, which I doubt it will.

5. 1.4

I highly doubt transfers will work. Mergers would be the only option, or designated transfer servers. Like uhm BW needs to do their maths, find how many players there are, pick a number of servers fitting that number to make the designated servers heavy-very heavy once transfers are done.

Save all old servers incase characters are left and let returning players transfer to one of the now official servers. Kind of a merge but more options for the players.

Keep the following per region i.e US/EU, luxory of coast based servers is probably an option that neither BW or we have if we want an acceptable amount of players. Just make US, EU(eng), EU(fr), EU(ger) servers.

1 RP PvP

2-3 PvP

1 RP

2-3 PvE

And then one of each for the french and german players. So EU would have.

3 RP-PvP (eng, fr, ger)

3-5 PvP (2-3 eng, 1 fr, 1 ger)

3 RP (eng, fr, ger)

3-5 PvE (2-3 eng, 1fr, 1 ger)

Maybe it would even be enough with 1 english of each server type if they would aim for heavy/very heavy pop on each. But it all depends on the numbers of players. Atleast we all know there are about 100 servers too many currently.

1. Cross Server Queuing.

2. Patch 1.3

3. Ranked WZs

4. Patch 1.4

If above fails:

5. Server Transfers

6. Server Merges

Cross server queuing, Server transfers and Server Merges need to happen before Ranked WZs. If there isn't a healthy population to pull from then ranked WZs will be a failure and yet another source of discontent on the forums. And let's face it there's only a handful of servers with a healthy population currently.

I agree Cross Server PvP Queues are needed also, as it can take some time to get a group of people to play with. But is there any need to be so aggressive with the Developers? Simply post your concerns and I'm sure they'll be heard, it cant all be fixed within a few weeks, patience! Your concerns will be sorted sooner or later.

Playing on full server and waiting for 5-10 minutes to get in WZ - just ridiculous. Also tired of predictable figts - you can read names and be 90% accurate at saying who will win this game. Give us Xsever WZs!

Well according to Biowares shroom addict drunk numbers person they have 1m subs so there is no need for merges/xfers and cross queing can be implemented without haste.

Guess what guys, I can do what bioware does to 1000000 = 100000

Aren't I t3h smart3$t m@th person?!?

Biowares sub formula :

Subs = X(10)

where x = the amount of actual subs

I have a doctorate in Hallucinogenic Mathematics

Edited by Balor

*SIGH* World of Warcraft is that way -------------->

Some of us like community. Some of us play on particular ruleset servers for a reason.

But most importantly most of us are not naive enough to think that LFG windows, cross server ques, instance matchmaking and the other instant gratification ADHD additions will get us 6 hours straight of nonstop action.

If you can't get groups for flashpoints or PvsP ques on your server then the problem is most likely one of the following:

1. Overall population on the server is far too low.

2. The activity sucks for some reason or another so very few people want to do it.

3. There's too many of these activities so everyone is too spread out.

4. The content or que up process is bugged/glitched.

5. You have a bad reputation and no one wants to play with you.

Any one of these above causes scores of other problems either for the server as a whole or the particular player and any LFG instance finder or cross server tool is just a paper back to go over a butter face. And not only does cross server queing and instance finder tools only cover up a serious underlying problem but they cause other problems for the community that they shouldn't have to endure.

The loud minority, like you guys, were screaming and hissing and fitting over an instance finder and a cross server instance finder for LotRO and look at what that has done.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?458687-Feedback-Why-do-you-NOT-use-the-Instance-Finder

Feedback-Why-do-you-NOT-use-the-Instance-Finder

NOTHING.

We don't care what WoW does. A game should not follow WoWs example for the sake of copying WoW or pacifying battle.net kids.

If you can't get warzone ques fast enough it's because your server population is too low or because people don't like to play warzones enough. Either one of those is the real problem and should be addressed.

Cross server and instance finder tools are masks, not cures.

Edited by Criosdh

*SIGH* World of Warcraft is that way -------------->

Some of us like community. Some of us play on particular ruleset servers for a reason.

But most importantly most of us are not naive enough to think that LFG windows, cross server ques, instance matchmaking and the other instant gratification ADHD additions will get us 6 hours straight of nonstop action.

If you can't get groups for flashpoints or PvsP ques on your server then the problem is most likely one of the following:

1. Overall population on the server is far too low.

2. The activity sucks for some reason or another so very few people want to do it.

3. There's too many of these activities so everyone is too spread out.

4. The content or que up process is bugged/glitched.

5. You have a bad reputation and no one wants to play with you.

Any one of these above causes scores of other problems either for the server as a whole or the particular player and any LFG instance finder or cross server tool is just a paper back to go over a butter face. And not only does cross server queing and instance finder tools only cover up a serious underlying problem but they cause other problems for the community that they shouldn't have to endure.

The loud minority, like you guys, were screaming and hissing and fitting over an instance finder and a cross server instance finder for LotRO and look at what that has done.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?458687-Feedback-Why-do-you-NOT-use-the-Instance-Finder

Feedback-Why-do-you-NOT-use-the-Instance-Finder

NOTHING.

We don't care what WoW does. A game should not follow WoWs example for the sake of copying WoW or pacifying battle.net kids.

If you can't get warzone ques fast enough it's because your server population is too low or because people don't like to play warzones enough. Either one of those is the real problem and should be addressed.

Cross server and instance finder tools are masks, not cures.

Seeing how you are the only person that posted being against them that makes you the minority so I will see you in cross server WZs. Any company with a brain will do what makes the most customers happy because that translates to more money. I would rather lose 100 people like you and keep 10,000 casuals who would have otherwise quit without serverwide PvE/PvP

Edited by Dabrixmgp

Seeing how you are the only person that posted being against them that makes you the minority so I will see you in cross server WZs. Any company with a brain will do what makes the most customers happy because that translates to more money. I would rather lose 100 people like you and keep 10,000 casuals who would have otherwise quit without serverwide PvE/PvP

WRONG.

That makes me the minority in this thread. 99.9999% of the people that don't want cross server warzones won't bother because why would they? They have their way at the moment.

Just because 10 WoWtards can get together in a thread and be the majority in that 1 thread does not mean the majority of the player base want it.

When/if it gets added, it'll just piss off currently happy customers and the whiners who were screaming for it won't use it anyway. It's a bad business move.

You are not alone..

Greetings everyone!

We just wanted to give you the following information regarding Cross-Server PvP, you can find more information in our Community Q + A Blog for February 10th, 2012:

Simoon: Will you be adding the option to choose what Warzone you enter a queue for?

Gabe Amatangelo: Not until we introduce cross server queuing. If we were to allow players to choose their Warzone before they could queue across servers, then it would negatively affect how often every player would see a Warzone – and for every player that loves a certain Warzone there is another player that hates it. The population would end up divided by their Warzone choice, negatively affecting the time it would take for a specific Warzone to become available for anyone. With cross server queuing we will still have a preference to match players of the same server, but those players who choose specific preferences such as these will likely end up in a match with players in the larger Wargroup.

From our Developer Tracker, you can find the following information from Senior Community Coordinator, David Bass:

So now I'm confused about 8-man queuing.

At first they made it sound like it was an addition going in with 1.2. But then it was listed on the power point under "Future of Warzones" with "Timeline: TBD".

So yes or no to 8-man for 1.2?

UPDATE: Please see Stephen's post here. I've updated the post below to reflect his comments.

Just to clarify, since I've seen this question a number of times in this thread. What we said was:

• Cross-server PvP queuing is in the works
  • Once it launches, it will allow us to do things such as:
  • More level bracketing

• 8-man team creation

• Ability to queue for a specific warzone

There is no current timeline for this feature, and there's also no guarantee that it will all happen at once, but cross-server queuing will open up a bunch of possibilities for us. Once we have more details, of course, we will let you know.

We hope this helps!

...with cross-server queues, yes.