Riposte in PvP?

Andrizzay

How important is Riposte in a PvP setting for a Vigilance Spec'd Guardian?

I sometimes will have >4 focus and Riposte will proc.

I'm left to choose between using Bladestorm which costs 4 focus, or Riposte and Sundering Strike at the same time.

How important is Riposte in a PvP setting?

compare the damage of riposte+sundering strike to damage of bladestorm

I'm betting riposte+sundering strike does more damage, and takes less focus

in general, riposte is good in PvP, especially when you have a lot of focus and you want to dump it. It allows you to burst harder than the GCD normally allows

for vig not very important...

but you might go momentum + lunge for pvp if you want to spend your remaining 10 skillpoints into defense tree

- free bladestorm after every leap ( basically 1 leap = 7 focus)

- Riposte only 1 focus = spammable on recast

i like riposte very much. keep in mind it ignores global cooldown and does good damage

riposte + any other attack = good burst

It is a reactive skill so you can't use it at any time. Generally when I attack Siths I can use it because they tend to deflect, block more often but when I do attack a ranged class it is very rare to use it, however Bladestorm can be free after a force leap and can also interrupts plus is one of our few ranged attacks.

I will spec Bladestorm not Riposte.

It is a reactive skill so you can't use it at any time. Generally when I attack Siths I can use it because they tend to deflect, block more often but when I do attack a ranged class it is very rare to use it, however Bladestorm can be free after a force leap and can also interrupts plus is one of our few ranged attacks.

I will spec Bladestorm not Riposte.

Riposte procs from you deflecting, not the enemy. At least im pretty sure it does!