Spike doesn't flow as nicely as Jedi shadows version

Ch_Zero

Does anyone even notice this at all?

When they use that force kick that stuns for 1 second they are able to strafe to either side in a continuous motion, while assassins cannot do that, they need to stand still in the spike motion.

I see this as an imbalance.

There's a lot of combat animation issues in this game, which never had any business getting past QA dating back to the beta, but yet here we are... crappy combat bugs and all!

In all seriousness, anyone with an ounce of competitive PvP blood in their body knows exactly what you're referring to. It's crappy and is a glaring problem at the core of the combat system that I don't think will ever be resolved or else it would have been done back in beta. Welcome to SWTOR!

Their project is delayed by ~2s while ours is instant

Spike is really only useful as a makeshift interrupt. As a stun, consider that you are spending 1.5s(the duration of the GCD) to stun the target for 2s.

I'll take shock over spike any day of the week.

Edited by Xancath

not sure but i think you might be getting the spec a bit confused.. for instance if u spec into darkness as an assassin you can use spike at anytime.. which i think is what you are noticing with the jedi version... they can use it at anytime if the speced into the tank tree.. if i am reading it wrong and you are just annoyed at the animation then.. soike is clearly cooler.. but thats just me

not sure but i think you might be getting the spec a bit confused.. for instance if u spec into darkness as an assassin you can use spike at anytime.. which i think is what you are noticing with the jedi version... they can use it at anytime if the speced into the tank tree.. if i am reading it wrong and you are just annoyed at the animation then.. soike is clearly cooler.. but thats just me

I think he is refering to the fact that in SWTOR, on some abilities, the ability animation need to finish before the ability triggers. Like on for example Juggernaut Smash there is a.5 second delay where the character does a spin move before the damage actually hits, hence why the ability misses a lot of the time when someone uses a knockback or move out of range. Even though the ability is supposedly instant cast.

So on some abilities there is a slight hickup due to animation which makes moving while using it awkward.