Intelligent Idea's for Legacy

LorenzenB

Instead of having legacy upgrades cost credits.. Instead have legacy levels give you a "Legacy Currency" that you spend to unlock the bonuses. That way there's incentive to leveling alts (other than dodging the nerfs to every class i roll..). Keeping more players playing longer. You have to level alts to unlock Legacy bonuses. It's still a grind. But at max level i have enough things to spend my credits and not dailies available.. And because my server is dead.. like many others the Galactic Market is a lolfest.

I would like to also see a Quick Travel Bind directly to my ship. This game is beautiful but laden with unnecessary loading screens.

Instead of having legacy upgrades cost credits.. Instead have legacy levels give you a "Legacy Currency" that you spend to unlock the bonuses. That way there's incentive to leveling alts (other than dodging the nerfs to every class i roll..). Keeping more players playing longer. You have to level alts to unlock Legacy bonuses. It's still a grind. But at max level i have enough things to spend my credits and not dailies available.. And because my server is dead.. like many others the Galactic Market is a lolfest.

I would like to also see a Quick Travel Bind directly to my ship. This game is beautiful but laden with unnecessary loading screens.

I think you should have to spend legacy XP on it. So if you buy something for 100k XP you lose 100K legacy xp.

It would be nice if instead of costing legacy XP, which implies your legacy level could decrease, give the player legacy commendations to purchase unlocks in place of credits. I have four level 50s and I'm slowly working 4 more classes and feel like I'm missing out on huge chunks of the Legacy system. Requiring a minimum level is nice, but the credit costs are extremely high for some items. I haven't even touched dailies yet because I've been playing alts, which is what I thought the legacy system was meant to encourage. As a player who concentrates heavily on leveling alts I don't have the credits required for many of the unlocks. Yet a player who is only concentrating on one character and doing dailies regularly has the same legacy level along with the credits required to unlock bonuses. The only advantage I recieve in the presence unlocks for companions and species unlocks, the later of which is no use to me since I already have eight characters. For a system designed to encourage players to try new characters out it seems to reward the one-character player more then it would someone like me.

Would be cool if Legacy worked as a speccable talent tree, with each Legacy level = 1 point. You would have to spec into earlier ranks of the perks (e.g. you'd need the XP bonus rank 1 to spec rank 2) and each rank would have a minimum Legacy level requirement of course.

But say for example 5 "points" for each xp bonus, requiring Legacy 5/10/15/20/25 respectively, 10 a rank for each of the "good" perks, like crafting crit chances, sprint buffs and repair bots etc.

Maybe pay a hefty sum for a respec. It would be nice for moderate customization, but have an actual tangible use for Legacy levels without having to fork out heavy sums for perks that don't help forever.