The Drop System

comebui

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if any of you know how the drop system works in SWTOR .. I have been playing for few months now and I think it is pretty much scripted and boring.

1. They have a fixed list or database of items, with fixed stats.

2. The quest rewards are also fixed based on the class.

3. Even Crafted items are also fixed no random stats or anything.

I prefer random drop system like in other rpg's like Diablo etc. Where everything is random from the item drop to the stats of the the item which is dropped.

I know people may say that this will give unfair advantage to some players due to randomized item ,,but that can be lived with as you can transfer items from character to character .

What do you guys think ? .. Feel free to counter me, If I am wrong somewhere. :p

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if any of you know how the drop system works in SWTOR .. I have been playing for few months now and I think it is pretty much scripted and boring.

1. They have a fixed list or database of items, with fixed stats.

2. The quest rewards are also fixed based on the class.

3. Even Crafted items are also fixed no random stats or anything.

I prefer random drop system like in other rpg's like Diablo etc. Where everything is random from the item drop to the stats of the the item which is dropped.

I know people may say that this will give unfair advantage to some players due to randomized item ,,but that can be lived with as you can transfer items from character to character .

What do you guys think ? .. Feel free to counter me, If I am wrong somewhere. :p

This is a pretty standard system for MMO's. "Drops" are random, in that you don't know what will drop, or when. Also, Diablo's item drops were not any more "random." When an magic item is determined to have dropped, it is randomly generated from a list of "prefixes" and "suffixes" to determine the actual item. That is functionally no different than ToR randomly choosing an item from it's database.

The only difference I see is that games like Diablo drop magic items *much* more frequently, so you see more of them.

Different strokes. I tend to detest the random prefix/suffix/etc. system which afflicts Diablo and Diablolikes. And in fact is one of the primary reasons why I no longer player those types of games. (which I'm assuming includes Diablo III, though I'll admit I haven't really paid attention, because I doubt they'd change it)