Ok, I know I'm using the "L" word here... but

OrionSol

In the interest of keeping my character's look consistent...

I "HATE" having to change between PVE gear and PVP gear depending on what I am doing.

So... I'm que'd for Warzones, but I am running my Daily's ... every time I pop into PVP, I have to change from the PVE gear (that I hate the look of, but have to use for the bonuses) into the PVP gear (that I hate the look of, but have to use for the bonuses)

I know I have a fully modded out orange gear option... but I cant take my set bonuses with me out of my gear and put it into those....

and even if I could... I would STILL NEED TWO SUITS

This is just plain stupid.

Here is my solution.

When you earn a 2, or 4 piece bonus from buying either pvp or pve gear, you can turn those in for a "pvp mod" or "pve mod"

Now... ALL ORANGE GEAR gets TWO NEW SLOTS:

One for pve and another for pvp.

When I've earned a mod specialty - I can drop into my ONE ORANGE MODIFIABLE SUIT that I actually LIKE the look of, and the stat only applies depending on if I am in pve, or pvp.

I know I'm using the ... "L" word.... here.

Logical

Please do something to fix this annoying system of differing gear/looks.

Thanks

The problem is, there's almost no way they could make it to where you wouldn't need multiple suits. Heck, tank classes may end up needing three suits. One to tank, one to PVE DPS and one to PVP DPS. No matter what they did, they could never really make it to where one suit would work for everything, regardless of how hard they try.

Unless of course, they created a system with Mods that would allow you to create "schematics" based off the mods you want in a given piece and allowed you to auto-swap your mods depending on the schematic that you choose. For instance, you go into your tank schematic, choose the armor for each slot, choose the mods for each piece of armor and then with a click of a button, all of these things would swap out automatically as long as the mods where in your inventory.

Though with the ridiculous mod swap costs, this would never happen. :)

To be honest, I believe that is was more or less, a mistake to have a seperate PVP stat. It's that stat that makes it necessary to have 2 suits, nothing else.

There are plenty of mitigation stats, plenty of DPS stats, no healing stats in the 1st place (except for healing classes) and there just wasn't the need to include a seperate PVP stat other than making the player grind up to different sets.

I actualy wonder if grinding up 2 different sets of gear is called long-term content by BioWare Austin?

Edited by Esquire

To be honest, I believe that is was more or less, a mistake to have a seperate PVP stat. It's that stat that makes it necessary to have 2 suits, nothing else.

That extra stat gives them a lot of potential flexibility for balancing PvP and PvE separately though. I don't know if it works out that way in practice, but the intention is a good idea.