2 CC breaks?

Quantri

There are some talents like Degauss for PTs and Disjunction for Assassins that will make Energy Shield and Force Speed break movement-impairing effects. Notice however that it does not break stuns or incapacitates.

I has noticed that some people can do 2 cc breaks. Why is that? My assassin only have 1 CC break which has a 2 minute cooldown, which can be reduced to 1 minute 30 seconds with skill points. Does other classes have more? Or is it any item they uses?

certain classes are able to break CC roots... but there is only one actual CC breaker.. evasion for instance on an operative removes all negative effects except for truama and the new uncleansable DOT from the lethality tree...

also if specced agents and i believe mercenaries can cleanse other plays from mental affects such as flash bang

Edited by Mrunlimited

Take a look at the skill trees of individual classes before making rash decision.

Several AC's can indeed have two moves freeing them from movement impairements. Sentinels going for the middle tree get a buff to Force Camouflage, that gives it this effect - and the cooldown is also lower than on Resolute. Resolute's only advantage is that with certain buffs it will heal some miniscule amounts of HP when used.

Scoundrels and Gunslingers have the same kind of buff for Surrender, in the Dirty Fighting -tree. Normally it just lowers threat, with one point spent, also movement impairements are gone.

These are skill points every self-conscious PvP-player will do when speccing the skill trees in question.

Yeah i know about those immunities and the root breaker and such, but I have for example a Jedi Sage that i first used stealth 8 sec "daze" on which he broke and then right after a whirlwind 8 sec daze which he also broke. There was a commando there, but i didnt see him cast anything. Could he have cleansed him? Is that cheat, ability or item? Edited by Quantri

Yeah i know about those immunities and the root breaker and such, but I have for example a Jedi Sage that i first used stealth 8 sec "daze" on which he broke and then right after a whirlwind 8 sec daze which he also broke. No one else was there to cleanse him. Is that cheat, ability or item?
Resolve, anyone? :)

Yup, you did it wrong. The other assassin should have cc'd while passing by going to set the bomb. you should of cc'd the other guy. The moment the sage uses their cc break u cc them again.

Honestly, this strat wouldn't have worked. Not with 2 v 2 on a bomb plant disabling one player. If it was 3 v 2, yeah. Why? One player to monitor 2 player cc breaks and prevent both of them casting on the bomb planter? Unless your tele-psychic this is impossible.

Yup, you did it wrong. The other assassin should have cc'd while passing by going to set the bomb. you should of cc'd the other guy. The moment the sage uses their cc break u cc them again.

Honestly, this strat wouldn't have worked. Not with 2 v 2 on a bomb plant disabling one player. If it was 3 v 2, yeah. Why? One player to monitor 2 player cc breaks and prevent both of them casting on the bomb planter? Unless your tele-psychic this is impossible.

Actually it works quite often, because cc break has 2 minute CD, while whirlwind/electrocute has 1 minute CD. So if you fail the first time, you try again before their CD is done. Even if i use stealth stun on both, one often breaks it right away, giving me the ability to use another stun on him.

If the other guy had CCed one it would end before the bomb had been planted anyway. But we do it that way sometimes also, i just stun them once more.

But of course its much easier if its only 1 protecting it.

Edited by Quantri

Actually it works quite often, because cc break has 2 minute CD, while whirlwind/electrocute has 1 minute CD. So if you fail the first time, you try again before their CD is done. Even if i use stealth stun on both, one often breaks it right away, giving me the ability to use another stun on him.

If the other guy had CCed one it would end before the bomb had been planted anyway. But we do it that way sometimes also, i just stun them once more.

But of course its much easier if its only 1 protecting it.

Yea, I didn't take into account the second attempt. I was mainly referring to that specific scenario.

This is one of the reasons why, while defending, I don't stand too close to the cap point. It prevents solo ninjas from taking it. I can just wait out the first cc because they already lost valuable time moving from me to the node and just free myself from the second one. If 2 or more come my way or they come back after a min, well yea, there's nothing i can do.