Abolish Solo Queue = solve 90% of PVP problems

xdvesper

I propose the radical solution of removing the ability to solo queue into PVP in order to solve the many problems that are crippling PVP in SWTOR.

This is the way Guild Wars did it in 2006 - you could only queue as a full group of 8.

This is exactly how PVE works in this game, so why shouldn't PVP work the same way? In PVE you need to spam general chat for the classes you need, make sure they are of the appropriate gear level, and make sure players are available to play until the end of the instance.

This will solve all the following issues:

Leavers - almost no one will leave a game in progress without a very good reason - the same way people rarely leave HM flashpoints and Operations if they know what is good for them.

Poor Class composition - no more whining about lack of healers or dps, you completely control your team composition

Disparity in gear - like Operations leaders, you get to control the quality of the PuGs you bring with you.

PuG vs Premade imbalance - everyone is a Premade now, so no one has cause to complain.

The end result is that players will become more social in an MMO - they will have to form PuGs, just like PVE, and slowly get to know one another and add each other to their friends lists, and eventually form teams.

Or how about just letting natural selection drive off the PUGs that are complaining about the current system? :rolleyes:

If you get rid of PUG queue as per your "solution", a large portion of those complaining about the system will leave anyways (seeing as they have the means of fixing these problems themselves by forming a premade, they clearly don't want your solution) but you also have the added bonus of driving off those of us that don't care if we get rofl-stomped because the PUGs on our team are bad, and just solo-queue for reasons other than showing off our uber numbers on the warzone scoreboard.

The end result will be the demise of PvP in the game. I dislike the complaints about pugs vs. premades as well, but the simple truth is your idea will discourage new and old players from PvPing, period. It will become the hobby of the elite, and the elite are few. Pug PvP players need to accept that they are at a disadvantage all the way around and live with it, period. The server pops are too low here to allow for segregated queues, and premades will always have an advantage against pugs.

So you want to solve 90% of PvP problems and lose 90% of subscriptions? ... hm... Well, infact, loosing 90% of subscriptions alone (even without removing solo queue options) will also solve 90% of PvP problems (same as 90% of PvE problems as a bonus)

One of the best things about instanced pvp is the lack of preparation needed to join, if you choose to do so.

If you want to pop on in the morning before work and run a WZ or two, you're just a click away. I think that's a big appeal for a lot of people. I do plenty of premades and enjoy doing so, but I'd hate being FORCED to do so. In fact I'd move on to another game if I didn't have the ability to solo queue when I felt like it.

Wow, please no. Lemme guess, the next step is you wont be allowed to pvp unless your team is all on the same vent/mumble server or something like that.

I may be looking for a guild that does pvp as well as everything else, but I don't want myself or anyone to be forced to do it.

As for whatever game you mentioned that's doing it now, I don't play that game, hmmm there's probably a reason....

I propose the radical solution of removing the ability to solo queue into PVP in order to solve the many problems that are crippling PVP in SWTOR.

This is the way Guild Wars did it in 2006 - you could only queue as a full group of 8.

This is exactly how PVE works in this game, so why shouldn't PVP work the same way? In PVE you need to spam general chat for the classes you need, make sure they are of the appropriate gear level, and make sure players are available to play until the end of the instance.

Leavers - almost no one will leave a game in progress without a very good reason - the same way people rarely leave HM flashpoints and Operations if they know what is good for them.

Poor Class composition - no more whining about lack of healers or dps, you completely control your team composition

Disparity in gear - like Operations leaders, you get to control the quality of the PuGs you bring with you.

PuG vs Premade imbalance - everyone is a Premade now, so no one has cause to complain.

The end result is that players will become more social in an MMO - they will have to form PuGs, just like PVE, and slowly get to know one another and add each other to their friends lists, and eventually form teams.

That is the worst idea I have ever heard. Newsflash, PuGs make up the vast majority of players. You can't force the majority to behave like the minority. But, you do have a couple valid points, and for that reason I would fully support not the abolition of the solo queue, but the abolition of the blended queue. For all the reasons you cited above, premades should have their very own special elite sauce queue. Sure you might have to wait a bit longer for another premade to queue, but the wait will be much less than it would if we went with your idea and 90% of the people either unsubbed or abandoned PVP altogether.

Amazing.

problem solve no more PVP will start in game if not 1 match every 3 or 4 hours so nobody will ever complain about pvp anymore

is it this what you mean with solve 90% of pvp problem? if pvp don't start it will not show the problems

I would be totally for it if we actually had enough players on our server to fill an 8-man team.....

But this will be more or less the case for ranked WZ's anyways; if you don't queue up with a team of 8, ur gonna get demolished.

The major flaw in your plan is that even with the current system, players can already control who they group with. Granted, it's only 4 instead of 8, but it's still there. This idea would alienate a huge portion of the PvP base.

Complain about what? I like both ways. Its fun with your guild, its fun without them. Premade play may yield more stable results but it gets a little constrictive. Most of my best games have been queing as a solo because it gives me the freedom to try a lot of things you wouldn't try with say guildies who expect a certain thing; and because I get to make the biggest difference. As a vengeance jugg I've specced to where I can 1v1 a turret-guarder, be they sage or be they shadow, but whatevs.

Maybe I've missed the complaining lately.

There are a lot of assumptions people have when they start playing PVP that just are not true. They invest a lot of time money and energy into hitting 50 and its not what they expected - nor should it be, but its too bad there's not a warning sign outside of every warzone; because until they get there, they'll have no idea just how competitively the other PVP'ers will be playing. :rak_02:

Really I love solo que. The only thing I would change about it is to make it solo-only to make things as random and chaotic as possible.

With the state of PvP right now, i would not only remove group queue, i would also remove faction restrictions. Or, make "Free for All" a queue option. 16 players are easier to round up than 8 of those and 8 of these. Off hours, PvP would still be viable. Right now on mid pop servers, PvP dies at 2am, doesn't revive until 9 am.

None of what the OP sites as "problems" are problems for anyone but premades. They cry when they lose because:

1. the pug left

2. the pug was a crappy class

3. the pug had crappy gear

4. the pug made us weak vs 2 four man premades

Oh, and GuildWars still had "unranked" random team pvp in '06. Still does.

Edited by AmorphousCro

You spent more time typing this post...than actually sitting back reading, and thing about what you just posted.

Anyway, lets just put this into terms your meek minded mind can comprehend.

no solo queue = ranked wz's. They've been announced (rofl)

Solo queue is needed in any MMO.

Wow did the mistake and kicked it out at TBC and it cost them a lot of subs by pvp players that were playing competetive at vanilla.

Premade should face premade and pug should face pug. Its the only way of having a competetive game for all.