The difference in Skill Trees

Vladnar

I have a Sith Inq Sorcerer and when dps have always gone lightning, because that is what they do and it feels right which is good enough for me being a bit of an rper and that.......being a bit ineffective in pvp ive moved recently to the madness tree, as recommended for survivability as well as damage, just for a look initially.....ive found myself incredibly disappointed to find ive still all the main electricity spells with a couple being replaced by dots, or was it just one which is the top one which includes a stun.

I honestly thought there would be much of a change with maybe 5 new abilities to master.

Seems a shame but i guess how it works changes and i don't have chain lightining....not a whole heck of a difference but maybe one dps to another doesn't really change all that much on mmo?

Will see how it goes anyway, first run was certainly better anyway.

Vlad

Well I like the madness for several reasons, being able to chain cast force lightning being one of them. I never liked lightning strike, so being able to dps or CC without using it is a huge plus in my book. With madness you have AE, dots, great ranged attacks and some instant casts. Personally i think Chain lightning is overrated to a large degree. Plus you can heal yourself a little bit which comes in handy from time to time.

I'm sure if you crunch the numbers lightning spec may do more dps or specifically burst dps, but madness seems to have better survivability and can help control a battlefield in strategic ways, which is more my play style.