Still Have 35 Days Left But...

TurboTacoWP

Hello,

I am Dontsabemebro, a member of Asphyxiation on the US East PVP server Kinrath Spider. While I know there are a few servers that are bristling with a healthy population, I (like the majority of players) am a part of a dying and near-dead server.

Let me say, I am a Star Wars fan; have been for many years since growing up. I've played KOTOR and other Bioware games (note how I don't say Biofailware as others like to). I am, or was, excited about SWTOR. I genuinely enjoyed my experience playing this game on my server (Kinrath Spider again folks) with my fellow guild mates.

Our guild for the first 3 months (end of Dec to early March) sported a healthy number of active members ranging from casual player, hardcore PVPers and PVE. We (at one point) had 3 weekly OPs groups running KP/EV with no issues such as requiring pugs to fill gaps. We had the members, we had an average of 5-25 players online everyday. Before 1.2 dropped, we noticed a slow but very steady decline in activity. The reasons ranged from re-rolling onto popular servers ie. Fatman/Swiftsure, boredom, lack of content, personal reasons, etc.

Besides the story lines, voice acting, and other features touted on the SWTOR main page, let me tell you what gameplay element kept me invested in this game:

It was the guild. The players I met and organized with to create PVP groups and establish a consistent weekly PVE OPs group held my lure into the game. For the first 2 months, working from story mode EV/KP to nightmare modes and gaining Undying/Infernal titles was great. It was very fun knowing that each week, between awesome sessions (whether losing or winning) of PVP, that I would have a fun and successful OPs run to look forward to.

It was the people, the second 'M' (multiplayer for those who missed 2nd) in "MMO" that kept me coming back to this game.

Alas, my server has turned into a crickets server (I won't post the youtube link of crickets chirping because I was warned of trolling already). Majority of the guild mates who remain active are into their 3rd or 4th level 50 alt. Yes. They are so bored with lack of ongoing WZs, sick of dailies, that they have made 3rd or 4th level 50 alts now. Some even re-rolled to republic to help the disparity in Repub/Empire ratios as well.

Do you know what we, like many others on dead/dying servers, are waiting for? Character Transfers.

Yes yes, it has been addressed. Yes yes it is every other new thread that is posted on general chat. Is that not reason for alarm bells to start going off though?

With a huge cry for so many players requesting character transfers/mergers/population magic (the 'When will there be server transfers/mergers' thread is over 800 posts long now...), it is hard not to ask yourself: What the jesus-tap-dancing-christ is taking so long for Bioware/EA to respond?

Yeah, people say it is easier said than done, but do you truly believe that? I certainly don't at this point.

EA/BW were able to provide APAC with transfers. If people say that it is because it was a 'small population' in relation to NA/EU servers. I scoff. I scoff so hard that my snot is imprinted into the back of my throat.

EA/BW is saying early summer which is very vague and generic but which most of us can assume to be around June 20th. If you can do simple math, 6-month subscribers since launch (Dec 20) go from Dec-May 20th. Add that free 30 days, and that carries those people into June 20th. Must be some sort of coincidence right? Never. Companies small and large, let alone one like EA, do not deal in coincidence. They deal in $ figures and facts.

My honest belief is that they are delaying character transfers when in fact it could be done now or already have been done. Why would they do that? Why jeopordize a game they have sunk over $100+ million (insider report says up to or over $300 million) into when they can/could have appease(d) a large number of disgruntled consumers? Because they can use "Free Character Transfers* (*Paid Transfer Available to Populated Servers)" as the next marketing gimmick to recapture their lost audience.

Will it work? Yea, for many people it might. That is fine. Really it is. To some people, it is the one and only thing they are waiting for and looking forward to in terms of where this game is headed. Hell, it was something I have been waiting for since the release of 1.2 (which did not bring back as many people as I had hoped it would over the short term).

What I am trying to say here is, I have lost faith in SWTOR at this current point and have no plans in returning to the galactic empire once my game card (yep, not a sucker for recurring subs) and free 30 days expires. Even if transfers are made available on or before June 20th. I will remain faithful to my guild (but have regrettably notified my near departure) and continue the weekly OPs run doing new Denova content on HM/NM until I am no longer allowed to play.

My trust has flagged not in Bioware (because I believe they make great games), but it has for EA in terms of SWTOR.

With the upcoming release of Diablo 3, my sights are set and faith resolved for a gaming developer that has never failed to deliver in the end. Winter is Coming. Does that mean Blizzard?

Note: To those who support this game still, I am not bashing you or trolling anyone who continues to enjoy the game. I truly enjoyed the game myself. This is just my personal reflection and experience of how the game went from pure excitement to excrement (IMO).

If you agree with me, a simple +1 is appreciated. To those who disagree, Wall of Text will ensue (to which I will mentally respond with TL;DR).

Adieu (after 35 days).

Edited by TurboTacoWP

Are you looking for validation? Attention? A lollipop? Not really sure what the point of this post is. You're leaving. No one cares why. Have fun in your next game.

Yeah, it's always a good idea to listen not listen to feedback and ignore game breaking problems. Sounds like a solid business plan.

TBH, i don't care bout the people who disagree with me on this point. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Validation, Attention, and Lollipops are always great.

When I was writing my view on the matter, I didn't take into account time becaus:

A) It doesn't take long for me to type thoughts out and

B) because it is a genuine expression of my feelings in regards to the game and it doesn't bother me to take the time to let other people know (especially if they are too lazy to write their own concerns/opinions).

In the end, people who read my post might agree. some might agree. some who read it never read it at all, and those who do might not even care.

There are those who will read it though, and they are the BW/EA mods. Even if they dont care about it, they will read it and at least know that another former customer is leaving them, and they can understand why.

Keep it coming

Edited by TurboTacoWP

Yeah, it's always a good idea to listen not listen to feedback and ignore game breaking problems. Sounds like a solid business plan.

The game would be better off if all the people who don't like it would just go away. If you're so unhappy. Just leave. You'll feel better. Go play something else. There are hundreds of MMOs.

Edited by Master-Nala

Don't sabe me bro! I'm listening not listening as we speak not speak. You hear not hear what I'm saying? Or should I repeat not repeat all that?

They do listen to feedback, they send you an e-mail with a direct link to provide it. The only thing that will come about from a thread like this is responses from other players.

If you have suggestions for a better business plan you could always not always develop not develop your own software not software company not company and show them how its done not done.

Ignore the trolls. Feeding them only gives them their "lollipops". Its always sad to see what looks like a reasonable person go. Good luck in your next endeavor, I'm going to stick it out a bit longer and see what happens. :cool:

Except everyone has a shot to give their feedback during the cancellation interview. Posting it here serves no purpose other than to appease one's ego. Nobody will remember this dude when he's gone.

TBH, i don't care bout the people who disagree with me on this point. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Validation, Attention, and Lollipops are always great.

When I was writing my view on the matter, I didn't take into account time becaus:

A) It doesn't take long for me to type thoughts out and

B) because it is a genuine expression of my feelings in regards to the game and it doesn't bother me to take the time to let other people know (especially if they are too lazy to write their own concerns/opinions).

In the end, people who read my post might agree. some might agree. some who read it never read it at all, and those who do might not even care.

There are those who will read it though, and they are the BW/EA mods. Even if they dont care about it, they will read it and at least know that another former customer is leaving them, and they can understand why.

Keep it coming

You missed the point. We, players, don't care about your feelings. I didn't even read your post. You will be forgotten like the few others that post these cries for attention.

Ignore the trolls. Feeding them only gives them their "lollipops". Its always sad to see what looks like a reasonable person go. Good luck in your next endeavor, I'm going to stick it out a bit longer and see what happens. :cool:

Don't stick it out. If you're not having fun, just go. Really. You can always come back when the game has all the bells and whistles you think it should have.

Thanks to those who might share some common view with me, or at least read my whole post (not just the title then trolololol lol).

I am unhappy, hence why after my sub ends, I end (and I will no longer linger and post here) :)

Also, I will definitely fill the survey out and let em know once my sub comes to an end. I hope it makes a positive difference for the players who continue to enjoy the game and those who hope the game grows in a positive way.

Thanks to those who might share some common view with me, or at least read my whole post (not just the title then trolololol lol).

I am unhappy, hence why after my sub ends, I end (and I will no longer linger and post here) :)

Also, I will definitely fill the survey out and let em know once my sub comes to an end. I hope it makes a positive difference for the players who continue to enjoy the game and those who hope the game grows in a positive way.

Bon Voyage..

Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

If you have a specific suggestion or individual piece of feedback, we encourage you to post in the Suggestion Box forum or to make a thread regarding your issue in the relevant subforum.

You may also be interested in participating in some of the various pre-existing discussions concerning server populations:

Server population is dropping...

Server Population is GROWING!

FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.