Request: Level Matching LFG System would make questing more fun!

MarcosEspada

So, I don't know about anyone else but it's pretty much impossible to get anyone to quest with you - but not for lack of a helpful community. It's just that with everything instanced, it's hard to run into a player on the same quest chain. When you find someone who just so happens to be on the same chain as you it's fantastic. Or, you can start a character with a friend and only play it with that friend, but then you both have to log on at the same time and the realities of life mean this happens only occasionally.

The way the game works right now, is if you pair up with a higher level player you receive significant impairments to your xp gains.

What I would prefer is a similar mechanic that they have in the warzones. Set up a matchmaking system, similar to warzones, where I just say - hey, I'd like someone to quest with. You could set it up to be automatic just like warzones. Allow higher level characters to click said button and they are matched with any player of lesser level. However, lower stats of higher level character so they are about equal with said player - but with lvl 50 abilities. This would give levelling players a more engaging levelling experience.

So why would higher level players participate other than the goodness of their hearts? You can reward higher level players with bonus social points, or create a special faction that you gain reputation with that offers unique rewards. For example, maybe by helping other players you get access to relics or legacy bonuses that help all of your alts level faster. It would make the game content more replayable - as you could play with friends/random players regardless of their level. And even if you're helping with a 50 main and xp doesn't matter to your main, it still matters to your legacy. I'm currently levelling 3 alts, and if I could speed up the process by helping some people, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Just some thoughts. Love to see this implemented as although I'm enjoying the game, it's just a little lonely out there right now, and the current LFG system doesn't really seem to be working for this type of gameplay.

I agree with this suggestion. Brilliant idea. Very similar to the mentor/sidekick system used in City of Heroes, which I played for many years. Makes it a lot easier to find people to team with. The addition of the suggested auto-queuing system, similar to the one used for PvP, makes this even easier. The difficulty in finding anyone to team with is an important reason why I have canceled my SWtOR subscription for now.

• 1 month later...

The lack of level matching is in my opinion one of the worst failings of Star Wars as a game. I cannot ask my friends to play with me because either - I over power where they are at or they over power where I am at. Star Trek Online has an excellent system for level matching when one goes into a party. GW2 does even better. When a player enters an area they are altered to have the stats, health, and armor rating appropriate to a max level character of that area. Of course, they don't have 40th lvl monsters sitting around 30th lvl areas either. I think a level scaling option to match party leaders level should be implemented.

Jaqaliah