Any advice for new lvl50 Medic

Mojojoe

1. Enable Combat-Support Cell. Keep everyone buffed with Fortification.

2. Use the following as a rough guideline for healing rotation:

Bacta Infusion > Advanced Medical Probe > Medical Probe

Weave Hammer Shot in-between as much as possible to keep your ammo high (try to stay above 7 to 8 ammo).

Use Trauma Probe on the tank and only refresh it once the old is one completely spent, or you think someone else could use it more.

Use Kolto Bomb to heal multiple targets. It heals the four targets closest to the center of it area of effect.

Supercharge Cells is a cooldown you should use often but wisely. Do not just waste it away every time it becomes available. Wait for a moment where the extra effects are most useful.

Use Field Aid to remove tech and physical debuffs from your allies.

3. If everyone is healthy and there's no real damage going on, do not be afraid to do some damage yourself to help the group beat the enrage timers. Some DPS skills you should have as combat medic include Full-auto, Charged Bolts and High Impact Bolt. There are more (especially for AoE) but if you are not sure about how well you can manage your ammo, keep it at the above mentioned three. Oh, and like in healing, weave in some Hammer Shots to keep ammo high!

4. Save your cooldowns (Tech Override, Reserve Powercell and Recharge Cells) for emergencies. A good example is to use Tech Override to quickly cast Medical Probe on very low health target.

If you get aggro use your Diversion. If you know you are going to take heavy damage consider using Reactive Shield and/or Adrenaline Rush. And if you get stunned, you have Tenacity to get out of it.

5. Use stims and medpacks! You can always get a nice boost from cheap vendor bought ones (buy the ones with Reflex in the name) or buy some fancier ones from the GTN (Exotech). A medpack saves you time and ammo when you need to heal yourself in a sticky situation.

6. Don't forget the utility! You can crowd control with Concussive Round, stun with Cryo Grenade and knockback with Concussion Charge. In PvE, you can use Sticky Grenade and Fullauto to disable weak enemies for a short period.

7. Your main stats are Aim and Power while Critical and Surge are your secondary stats. Alacrity has its uses in small doses but you should never actively try to increase it.

8. Don't stand in the fire.

Edited by Daegil

-Kolto Bomb is your highest priority skill after of course Bacta Infusion.

-Always Trauma Probe and get 30 Stacks of SCC before fights (if possible) and use SCC and immediately Kolto Bomb as the fight starts. The SCC Bonus for the Bomb is incredibly good.

-Hammershot anytime you can, it's the fastest way to get your SCC Stacks and it keeps you on high ammo regeneration.

-Use Field Aid! It's very cheap for what it does and it actually heals nicely. Also, get to know the icons of the debuffs that you can/should remove.

-Your offensive Tools should be High Impact Bolt and Sticky Grenade because they're instants. Mortar Volley should also be used if you can spare the time it needs to channel. sometimes you can use Full Auto or Charged Bolts, but only if no one really needs healing. If you're in Melee range, Stockstrike is a good choice too.

-Your CC is quite oself explenatory but i have to mention that you shouldnt hesitate to try and cast concussive round (even if tech override isnt ready). It really stuns for a loooong time.

EDIT: this is for PvP

Edited by Secured

-Kolto Bomb is your highest priority skill after of course Bacta Infusion.

-Always Trauma Probe and get 30 Stacks of SCC before fights (if possible) and use SCC and immediately Kolto Bomb as the fight starts. The SCC Bonus for the Bomb is incredibly good.

-Hammershot anytime you can, it's the fastest way to get your SCC Stacks and it keeps you on high ammo regeneration.

-Use Field Aid! It's very cheap for what it does and it actually heals nicely. Also, get to know the icons of the debuffs that you can/should remove.

-Your offensive Tools should be High Impact Bolt and Sticky Grenade because they're instants. Mortar Volley should also be used if you can spare the time it needs to channel. sometimes you can use Full Auto or Charged Bolts, but only if no one really needs healing. If you're in Melee range, Stockstrike is a good choice too.

-Your CC is quite oself explenatory but i have to mention that you shouldnt hesitate to try and cast concussive round (even if tech override isnt ready). It really stuns for a loooong time.

EDIT: this is for PvP

i agree with what this guy says except a few bits. i dont recommend using kolto bomb that much unless the raid our whole party took a damage hit or when you are using scc and want to place a shield on the tank. also use scc only before spike damages or in emergencies other that that good tips oh and one last thing place trauma probe during the fight only if you have full ammo or are certain a spike hit isnt coming up

Skill? Lol. It's the most straightforward, boring healing class I have ever played.

really then why do people complain like its the hardest thing to ever be in a game? please sages and scoundrels have an easier straightforward heal. i know for a fact rolling as one i could learn the rotation in the first few steps

Reroll to Scoundrel.

I loved my Medic before 1.2... but now I like my Scoundrel better. Sawbones can do everything a Medic can do (equal or better) but has FAR more utility and survivability:

- Stealth

- Vanish (get out of jail free card)

- Interrupt

- Snare

- AoE CC

- Anytime Self-heal

- Speed boost (if you spec into Sneaky... second tier of Scrapper)

I think it is great that they increased Sawbones healing to be on par with other healers. I think is sucks that they reduced the Combat Medic's healing without addressing their lack of utility and/or mobility.

Before 1.2

Sawbones: Good utility, Bad healing

Trooper: Bad utility, Great healing

After 1.2

Sawbones: Good utility, Good healing

Trooper: Bad utility, Good healing

So overall, there is NO reason to play a CM post 1.2 over a Scoundrel when it comes to healing because everything a Trooper can do, a Scoundrel can do PLUS you get better utility.

Edited by Musezy

Reroll to Scoundrel.

I loved my Medic before 1.2... but now I like my Scoundrel better. Sawbones can do everything a Medic can do (equal or better) but has FAR more utility and survivability:

- Stealth

- Vanish (get out of jail free card)

- Interrupt

- Snare

- AoE CC

- Anytime Self-heal

- Speed boost (if you spec into Sneaky... second tier of Scrapper)

I think it is great that they increased Sawbones healing to be on par with other healers. I think is sucks that they reduced the Combat Medic's healing without addressing their lack of utility and/or mobility.

Before 1.2

Sawbones: Good utility, Bad healing

Trooper: Bad utility, Great healing

After 1.2

Sawbones: Good utility, Good healing

Trooper: Bad utility, Good healing

So overall, there is NO reason to play a CM post 1.2 over a Scoundrel when it comes to healing because everything a Trooper can do, a Scoundrel can do PLUS you get better utility.

i have to disagree a bit i still have good utility as a commando and the difference between a sawbone and medic is i have better burst healing than a scoundrel does. if i needed to i can pop 10k-20k in 4 seconds as a commando so theres still a point being a commando. just hope they change our class a bit to give us more breathing room in case a mistake occurs

i have to disagree a bit i still have good utility as a commando...

Do you have access to speed increase? No, but Scoundrel does.

Do you have a snare? No, but Scoundrel does.

Do you have a dedicated interrupt? No, but Scoundrel does.

Do you have AoE CC? No, but Scoundrel does.

Do you have stealth? No, but a Scoundrel does.

Do you have a vanish (get out of jail free card)? No, but Scoundrel does.

Do you get an any-time self-heal? No, but a Scoundrel does.

You get a single target stun... so does a Scoundrel.

You get a damage shield... so does a Scoundrel.

You get an AoE heal... so does a Scoundrel.

You get a Self HoT on a CoolDown... Scoundrel gets an ANYBODY HoT that stacks x2 and not on a cool down.

You get an insta-heal... so does a Scoundrel. But Scoundrel's doesn't have a cool down, it just needs Cool Hand.

You get two Casted Heals... so does a Scoundrel.

You get a Cleanse... so does a Scoundrel.

You get a single-target mezz... so does a Scoundrel.

You have an AoE knock-back... Scoundrel does not. YAY! You have something a Scoundrel does not!

Is there something else that I'm ignorantly unaware of that is making you say you have good utility? I would really like to know! I have a geared Valor rank 66 CM... I would love find out that she has some hidden utility I never knew about. :D

Edited by Musezy

Do you have access to speed increase? No, but Scoundrel does.

Do you have a snare? No, but Scoundrel does.

Do you have a dedicated interrupt? No, but Scoundrel does.

Do you have AoE CC? No, but Scoundrel does.

Do you have stealth? No, but a Scoundrel does.

Do you have a vanish (get out of jail free card)? No, but Scoundrel does.

Do you get an any-time self-heal? No, but a Scoundrel does.

You get a single target stun... so does a Scoundrel.

You get a damage shield... so does a Scoundrel.

You get an AoE heal... so does a Scoundrel.

You get a Self HoT on a CoolDown... Scoundrel gets an ANYBODY HoT that stacks x2 and not on a cool down.

You get an insta-heal... so does a Scoundrel. But Scoundrel's doesn't have a cool down, it just needs Cool Hand.

You get two Casted Heals... so does a Scoundrel.

You get a Cleanse... so does a Scoundrel.

You get a single-target mezz... so does a Scoundrel.

You have an AoE knock-back... Scoundrel does not. YAY! You have something a Scoundrel does not!

Is there something else that I'm ignorantly unaware of that is making you say you have good utility? I would really like to know! I have a geared Valor rank 66 CM... I would love find out that she has some hidden utility I never knew about. :D

did i say we had better utility then a scoundrel? no i said were better at burst healing no scoundrel or sage can burst heal as well as a commando i know that for a fact. i said we have "good" utility not better. also i still stand that commandos are better at burst healing just use adv. probe, bi, med probe, (reserve cell, tech overide, med probe) with that you can heal from as low as 7.2k-20k in 4 seconds though i mostly always crit on one heal or mostly 2 so i usually hit 12k+ so i always heal my tank up to full health even when hes at 10% or less and has 20k+ hp. like i said before read well before you jump to conclusions i never said we had better utility then a scoundrel just better burst healing :) also bacta infusion is a better heal then the scoundrel do to the fact we waist no resource we need for other heals its just a cooldown.

Edited by rjavig

did i say we had better utility then a scoundrel? no i said were better at burst healing no scoundrel or sage can burst heal as well as a commando i know that for a fact. i said we have "good" utility not better. also i still stand that commandos are better at burst healing just use adv. probe, bi, med probe, (reserve cell, tech overide, med probe) with that you can heal from as low as 7.2k-20k in 4 seconds though i mostly always crit on one heal or mostly 2 so i usually hit 12k+ so i always heal my tank up to full health even when hes at 10% or less and has 20k+ hp. like i said before read well before you jump to conclusions i never said we had better utility then a scoundrel just better burst healing :) also bacta infusion is a better heal then the scoundrel do to the fact we waist no resource we need for other heals its just a cooldown.

AMP 1.3 sec + BI 1.5 sec + MP 1,7 sec.

That's already 4.5 sec, with an average of 10k. even if you count in the RC and TO you have these on cooldown.

And you just cant say with an instant heal after this its still 4.5 sec. That's wrong.

Its the same fault as saying: "My HPS are 80k, just because my instant is healing 8K (8000 heal / 0.1 sec)."

As Sage you can just burn Deliverance all the way, have no cooldowns, and still the same burst of 10k in 4.5 sec. And can even keep this up for over 1 min. or even do Healing Trance combined with Deliverance for a bit more. Try this with a commando. After you starting boost your HPS will drop down like a stone. Once the toys are on cooldown, there is no burst anymore. Yes, i love TO as well. Its a great spell, but it can't compete with the sage toys and force.

If you want true burst and let the commando look good, do TO and MP. An average 4k heal as instant, this is real boost a sage cant bring :). The Instant heals are the bonus of the commando. Sadly the cooldowns are to long.

AMP 1.3 sec + BI 1.5 sec + MP 1,7 sec.

That's already 4.5 sec, with an average of 10k. even if you count in the RC and TO you have these on cooldown.

And you just cant say with an instant heal after this its still 4.5 sec. That's wrong.

Its the same fault as saying: "My HPS are 80k, just because my instant is healing 8K (8000 heal / 0.1 sec)."

As Sage you can just burn Deliverance all the way, have no cooldowns, and still the same burst of 10k in 4.5 sec. And can even keep this up for over 1 min. or even do Healing Trance combined with Deliverance for a bit more. Try this with a commando. After you starting boost your HPS will drop down like a stone. Once the toys are on cooldown, there is no burst anymore. Yes, i love TO as well. Its a great spell, but it can't compete with the sage toys and force.

If you want true burst and let the commando look good, do TO and MP. An average 4k heal as instant, this is real boost a sage cant bring :). The Instant heals are the bonus of the commando. Sadly the cooldowns are to long.

sages cant burst heal as well as a commando and again scoundrels may be well but no were near commandos. and 4.5? bi isnt 1.5 thats instant and global cooldown isnt a 1.5 second. its .5 if anything. on average my heals are 3k for adv. probe. and bi and my meds average is 3.7k saw many logs of mine and the average were always near the same. the highest heal a sage has can crit for 6k but it takes 2.5 seconds or over 2 seconds to us by the time they cast that i already would of popped adv. probe, bi, and would be starting my med probe. saying if i also crit it would be 4.5k and plus 2k and going onto another 3k or higher heal while the sage channels 1k each second on single target after there main heal. overall we still outdo a sage in single target and i know from experience. sages heals are channeled and do 1k each second unless using there high heal which will take 2.5 seconds. also if we use super charge cell every 3 seconds you could pop from 4.5k-10k+ heals during it since adv. probe has no cooldown. yes sages look like they burst heal good but 1k-2k each second wont heal more than a 4k heal in 1.2 seconds followed by a 3k-6k heal after.

if say all 3 heals for channel critted for sage in those 3 seconds it would be 6k if both heals crit for a commando in those 3 seconds it would be a 9.5k heal. oh also i always crit on one or two heals. also im pretty sure on this because when i ran with sages or tried to outheal the other id always win. they had nice heals but not as good as a commando in single burst healing. using a 2.5 second heal plus a channel heal that does 1k a second or .5 is 12k heal in 4 seconds at most if crit all of them and average its 6k if its .5 per second and for commandos if all crit would be 15k in 4 seconds and no crit would be 7k.

Edited by rjavig

i have a guardian vr 68 (my commando is vr 83) and i think that most people would agree that guardian is a class that has quite a high skill ceiling (if not the highest).

up to a certain point i also felt that my commando medic was boring (especially compared to my guardian), but then i startet to optimize my dmg output (yes, not my heal!) and thats what made the class challenging for me and it's also the biggest advantage over the other healing classes (especially scoundrel). i usually get around 450k heal and 150k dmg and no other healer can deal so much dmg (aoe and spike) and actually kill stuff.

if you think your class is boring, you probably play it wrong.

and to all the whiners: i can't wrap my mind around why anybody could have such a different experience with their medic unless they rather suck at a class than using it's advantages. you jump on the bandwagon of whining commandos (and dont get me wrong, commando dd's have all the right in the world to whine) because you expect to suck less with another class... well... i have news for you; chances are high you'd still suck.

Edited by Secured

i have a guardian vr 68 (my commando is vr 83) and i think that most people would agree that guardian is a class that has quite a high skill ceiling (if not the highest).

up to a certain point i also felt that my commando medic was boring (especially compared to my guardian), but then i startet to optimize my dmg output (yes, not my heal!) and thats what made the class challenging for me and it's also the biggest advantage over the other healing classes (especially scoundrel). i usually get around 450k heal and 150k dmg and no other healer can deal so much dmg (aoe and spike) and actually kill stuff.

if you think your class is boring, you probably play it wrong.

and to all the whiners: i can't wrap my mind around why anybody could have such a different experience with their medic unless they rather suck at a class than using it's advantages. you jump on the bandwagon of whining commandos (and dont get me wrong, commando dd's have all the right in the world to whine) because you expect to suck less with another class... well... i have news for you; chances are high you'd still suck.

i agree with you completely most people see a nerf and think its the end of the world but at the same time i do want some changes so we have a bit of breathing room but your pretty much dead on. though i still love dpsing with my knight just feels much more fun using a lightsaber and hitting stuff with it then shooting :)

i feel like most of the whiners dont know how to play the other classes and also dont know how to play against them.

atm, sage/sorcs are the weakest healers. knock them away from their guarding tank and spike them.

scoundrel/op healers are pretty strong but also kinda dependent on guard. dont spike them, pressure the guarding tank and the scoundrel alike. he wont be able to heal both for too long.

The key to killing them is SNARES! 16/25/0 specced guardians have a 0 cost, spammable aoe slow. sorc/sage and scoundrel/op rely on running away from dmg because they can't just withstand it like a medic. Learn to use the right skills and create a new metagame! -.-

commando doesnt "feel" the strongest, but he actually has few weak points. they dont have too much utility because, frankly, they dont need to.

Scoundrel/Op is on about the same level, depending on the map and team comps. Sage/sorc still are utilitybombs but very very risky and you often end up using all your utility on yourself because you'd otherwise die and you wont be able to heal anyone else during that time.

I guarantee you, that if you face sorc/sage or op/scoundrel healers that feel very overpowered, it's 100% because their tanks are overpowered.

Edited by Secured