Request - Status of Ranked Warzones

Vuron

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know at least 20 peeps who have cancelled and only play because they have time remaining, guess what.. they all pvp'ers. Our server's pop is so low our two premades play each other every wz. Sorry, Bioware is a good company but they ****ed up with this.

But that's not what Reid said. He said he is hoping to get RWZs into 1.3. There is no official word that it's coming and RWZs were completely glossed over in the podcast.

The reason why he used hoped is because it all hinges on the Char copy system if it works then 1.3 will have ranked wz if it doesn't then it won't so that is the only reason why he used hoped.

Let me guess. You think rated WZ are just going to be optimum groups going against each other right? Only for "skilled players"

There will be very little difference between rated and non rated. The difference ? Voice com for 8 people. Or double 4 mans. How they implement the ranking system will decide if it becomes a skill battle but only in the higher tiers.

No it's just some people want 8 man queues for normal WZ so they can face roll pugs with more certainty because as it is right now I have been able to roll 4 man premades with a pug by using tactics and targeting the teams weak points but a full 8 man premade would almost end with them winning 99% of the time against pugs.

I love this game, but right now our PVP enviroment is ruled by one guild pretty much. If cross server pvp doesn't come with the next patch, I'll probably go back to "that game". or D3, take your pick. I'm tired of trying to carry gimp teams, and the certain guild running premades, that just eat everyone else alive. Hardcore pvp guild on a rp server, go figure.

But that's not what Reid said. He said he is hoping to get RWZs into 1.3. There is no official word that it's coming and RWZs were completely glossed over in the podcast.

We need a Cross-Server WZ Queue first anyway. If they just implement cross-server WZs in 1.3, I will be a happier camper. RWZs without cross-server queuing would be a total joke.

Wouldn't the free transfers mess with cross server ques? After a couple months of transfers i see some servers being shutdown. Wouldn't it be less messy to wait for that to happen before adding in cross-server queing? Seems to me there could be a problem. I could be wrong, just an honest question.

Thats the problem, if they throw rated wz's in, then the pugs, and rated groups end up waiting forever to get a que. Waiting to play a game is bad, no matter how someone describes it. If your waiting for a que, and theres absolutely nothing to do(My guild started keeping a record of most jumps from one table to another in the center of fleet) you have failed as a game designer.

Cross server ques, and server mergers and rated wz's need to happen together.

Thats the problem, if they throw rated wz's in, then the pugs, and rated groups end up waiting forever to get a que. Waiting to play a game is bad, no matter how someone describes it. If your waiting for a que, and theres absolutely nothing to do(My guild started keeping a record of most jumps from one table to another in the center of fleet) you have failed as a game designer.

Cool post. Let me add what bioware would need to implement within the next 3 months (when my game time runs out) to keep me as a customer.

-rated warzones

-better pvp stats

-8 man groups

-half decent world pvp

-massive class update for pvp

-cross server queues

-server transfers

would be nice:

-spectator mode

-removal of voidstar

-2 new warzone maps

-ops group voice chat

Instead we have a group finder coming I think in 1.3? I'm always grouped with the same 3 people, pretty sure i will never use this, at least I looked at the family tree thing (if only for 5mins, I'm slightly roleplay :D)

I like this game, I like lightsabers but it is not worth the £12 a month or whatever it is to a pvp'er, hell is it even worth that to a raider? a roleplayer? anyone?? compared to other mmo's, I think not. The only thing this game has going for it is lightsabers, blasters and old Jedi masters. It's a real shame.

Edited by Arise

Agreed. And once you introduce rated queues, then even non-rated wz queues must go x-server. Because there simply isn't enough population left to form matches for the players left not in rated.

I too like this game a lot. And i think there was more than enough content to justify the purchase price. But now we are six months post launch. I've paid for 4 months of subscription fees - an amount equal to the initial purchase price. And I have not been provided with additional content coming anywhere close to what I received with the purchase price. I just can't justify paying an amount of money equal to a new game for 1 new warzone, 1 new ops less the loss of world PvP.

Don't care, if I have to do rateds just to 8 man, I don't care. It was in response to a post basically stating rateds are purely for epeen, and I beg to differ, for me and thousands of others, its being able to group with our friends, just like PvEer's who have 8 and 16 man groups, we are stuck with 4.....

Yeah, too bad everyone already quit. Can't really blame em though, whos gonna wait months for cross server warzones and ranked warzones when in the the meanwhile there's nothing to do in the meantime as a pvper.

Been 6 days since the last warzone was played on my server.

Well played, BW.

Cross server que is the reason i dont see it happening come 1.3. Without cross server then its just going to lead to longer ques since half the people will que normal and the other half rated and with most server already taking a hour per wz que it would make things worse.

Bioware should tell us whats going on. I mean not like they wouldnt pull it last minute again like last time.

Bioware needs to learn that its btter to underpromise and over dealiver then what they do now over promise and under deliver. If they said that ranked and cross server was coming in august thats what wed expect and then if they came in june wed be happy. But if they keep saying 1.3 or before 1.3 or coming soon and 1.3 pops and we dont have it then i dont see th future of this game being very promising.

The silence from the Devs is appalling really. Been probing for a more definitive answer soon. From 1.2 to pre 1.3 to 'soon'. Also GW2 will suffer from the same thing TOR did: HYPE. Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt.

Yeah, but GW2 has player driven hype, not agenda-manipulation Hype from the developing company, like SWTOR.

BIG difference.

Edited by Theology

Yeah, but GW2 has player driven hype, not agenda-manipulation Hype from the developing company, like SWTOR.

BIG difference.

If you say so. To each their own. Played the beta, not impressed, which is why I made the hype comparison.

Edited by GraunKrynn

[/b]

BIG difference.

I agree i played on the beta and it was lackluster. Sure had world pvp but so did rift. World pvp works in a game where end game is world pvp imo. If a game had warzones as the way u leveld and got geared so when u hit max level you could do raided pvp then yes that would b cool. Gw2 has bad conrols and i dont think their server tech will hold enuff people to make it be a game where millions can play at once. Plus class balance in gw2 will be a nightmare in gw1 it wast because no one took it as a serious game. I dont see gw2 being the big game of 2012.

Beta wise and what ive encountered i think MoP will be awesme and the serverless tech wow is usng is even lightyears ahead of gw2. Blizzard has put together a awesome beta and is communicating very wel with the community. I think that gam will be awesome.

Unfotunately im tired of dragons and if im gonna kill them ill do it in wow not gw2 a copy of wow. I love star wars and thats why i am mad at bioware. The game was upposed to revolutionize mmos and it hast yet. Swtor is very well put together. Control, class ideas, stories so many things done right. Its whats bioware has done since launch thats made me mad. We need cross server ques and if bioware hears us the community and does even 1/3 ofwhat we recommened this game can truly be great.

Teams on high population servers (okay let's be fair, on The Fatman) will have a huge advantage over everyone else when rateds come. Everyone on my rated team has either rerolled, quit, got bored and unsuscribed for a while etc, because of lack of PvP on our server, while teams on the populated server are having fun together and getting better as a team because they are not bored out of their mind yet.

I don't see rateds coming out before they address server population. Who am I gonna do rateds with on my server? The other 2 people who still play?