Request - Status of Ranked Warzones

Vuron

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about rateds, that is secondary to the fact I will be able to queue with a full team of friends.

You do realize that 8 Man queues are for Ranked WZ only and not normal WZ.

Edited by Kaizersan

Don't care, if I have to do rateds just to 8 man, I don't care. It was in response to a post basically stating rateds are purely for epeen, and I beg to differ, for me and thousands of others, its being able to group with our friends, just like PvEer's who have 8 and 16 man groups, we are stuck with 4.....

Edited by NyteSabre

Let me guess. You think rated WZ are just going to be optimum groups going against each other right? Only for "skilled players"

There will be very little difference between rated and non rated. The difference ? Voice com for 8 people. Or double 4 mans. How they implement the ranking system will decide if it becomes a skill battle but only in the higher tiers.

Who cares at this point? Youll still be playing the same 4 Warzones over and over and over......talk about burning your pvp community out fast lol

Its sad when a 7 hour Beta Stress Test on Monday for Guild Wars 2 has me waaaaayyyy more excited than anything "live SWtoR" can offer.

Warzones would be fun, if they werent the main focus of PvP, i.e implementing an RvR planet that effects everyones endgame would not only make PvP more meaningful and intense, but since it would effect endgame you would even have more people participating in PvP gamewide, and thats a good thing.

GW2, DAoC and soon ESO......all 3 of these games have and will have PvP that actually MATTERS

So Im sure youll like rated Warzones for 2-3months...then after playing them for the gazlillionth time you will be looking to expand your PvP...and its pretty obvious SWtoR is not going to provide that

Edited by Jalez

Warzones would be fun, if they werent the main focus of PvP, i.e implementing an RvR planet that effects everyones endgame would not only make PvP more meaningful and intense, but since it would effect endgame you would even have more peolle participating in PvP gamewide, and thats a good thing.

GW2, DAoC and soon ESO......all 3 of these games have and will have PvP that actually MATTERS

SoIm sure youll like rated Warzones for 2-3months...then after playing them for the gazlillionth time you will be looking to expand your PvP...and its pretty obvious SWtoR is not going to provide that

Sadly you are probably correct in this.

Who cares at this point? Youll still be playing the same 4 Warzones over and over and over......talk about burning your pvp community out fast lol

Its sad when a 7 hour Beta Stress Test on Monday for Guild Wars 2 has me waaaaayyyy more excited than anything "live SWtoR" can offer.

Warzones would be fun, if they werent the main focus of PvP, i.e implementing an RvR planet that effects everyones endgame would not only make PvP more meaningful and intense, but since it would effect endgame you would even have more peolle participating in PvP gamewide, and thats a good thing.

SoIm sure youll like rated Warzones for 2-3months...then after playing them for the gazlillionth time you will be looking to expand your PvP...and its pretty obvious SWtoR is not going to provide that

THIS!

I'm honestly not sure how anyone could possibly care about "rated" warzones. Playing with a full group of 8, yes...but really, we get 4-6 from our guild in now most of the time. The problem I see is that they are still the SAME freaking maps...geezus...even Call of Duty realized how boring the same map gets after 100 times through.

Calling the same content "rated", just doesn't appeal to me. Just like if they suddenly said all quests were now "PvE rated", I'd have no desire to run off to Nar Shadaa and re-do them all again.

THIS!

I'm honestly not sure how anyone could possibly care about "rated" warzones. Playing with a full group of 8, yes...but really, we get 4-6 from our guild in now most of the time. The problem I see is that they are still the SAME freaking maps...geezus...even Call of Duty realized how boring the same map gets after 100 times through.

Calling the same content "rated", just doesn't appeal to me. Just like if they suddenly said all quests were now "PvE rated", I'd have no desire to run off to Nar Shadaa and re-do them all again.

But at least warzones are slightly dynamic. Raids are the same mob reacting the same way. My opponent in pvp is always different. I'd much rather have a slightly dynamic WZ with the same scenery.

Cross server WZ is going to be the best boost for pvp. The chance to take on a seemingly endless number of combinations of group make up will be my real pull.

But at least warzones are slightly dynamic. Raids are the same mob reacting the same way. My opponent in pvp is always different. I'd much rather have a slightly dynamic WZ with the same scenery.

Cross server WZ is going to be the best boost for pvp. The chance to take on a seemingly endless number of combinations of group make up will be my real pull.

You've obviously never experienced the "Lemming Effect" :D

Rateds are a must, if anything just purely for the currency. THEN MAYBE I might be able to start making money while I pvp.

This thread is directed to the Devs.

There is some confusion regarding the current status of ranked warzones. This feature was pulled and promised prior to 1.2. In a recent podcast this feature was labelled as "coming soon." This is not a whine thread or a threat to unsub thread. This is a simple question thread:

When will ranked warzones be in the game?

If you agree with asking this question please post below.

/Signed

Warzones would be fun, if they werent the main focus of PvP, i.e implementing an RvR planet that effects everyones endgame would not only make PvP more meaningful and intense, but since it would effect endgame you would even have more people participating in PvP gamewide, and thats a good thing.

So Im sure youll like rated Warzones for 2-3months...then after playing them for the gazlillionth time you will be looking to expand your PvP...and its pretty obvious SWtoR is not going to provide that

Yeah, because WoW only had 4 different arenas and battlegrounds and people only did that for a few months........

Must be all that awesome open world pvp that keeps them playing.

Edited by Xavory

Actually from what Steven Reid told me on twitter ranked warzones will be with 1.3 on the PTS when they put it on there.

But that's not what Reid said. He said he is hoping to get RWZs into 1.3. There is no official word that it's coming and RWZs were completely glossed over in the podcast.

We need a Cross-Server WZ Queue first anyway. If they just implement cross-server WZs in 1.3, I will be a happier camper. RWZs without cross-server queuing would be a total joke.

400k accounts since launch.

Actually, no. 400K since February. Their February tally 1.7 million. The end of April tally 1.3 million. Per EA. BW sold 2.4 million boxes of the game. That has now pared down to 1.3 million subs at the end of April.

They will be lucky to have one million subs remaining after the free month ends. But even one million subs is profitable and enough to keep running the game. The problem is the steady decline. BW hasn't hit bottom yet. If 1.3 doesn't have anything significant for PvP, I will be gone too.

They are still busy figuring out how to fix the backdoors people have found into their code for their cheats. Until they do that, ranked is off the table.

:D

If this was the honest answer, I'd be happy to wait.

But that's not what Reid said. He said he is hoping to get RWZs into 1.3. There is no official word that it's coming and RWZs were completely glossed over in the podcast.

We need a Cross-Server WZ Queue first anyway. If they just implement cross-server WZs in 1.3, I will be a happier camper. RWZs without cross-server queuing would be a total joke.

Wouldn't the free transfers mess with cross server ques? After a couple months of transfers i see some servers being shutdown. Wouldn't it be less messy to wait for that to happen before adding in cross-server queing? Seems to me there could be a problem. I could be wrong, just an honest question.

Edited by Kilikaa