Rebuilding the Jedi Order (after Kotor 2)

Well, I haven't seen anyone post anything like this, so I'll do it myself.

I would like to know more about how the Jedi Order was rebuilt after the events of Kotor 2 and before Swtor. I especially want to know more about the characters that rebuilt it whom you trained in the game, being that that is most of the Reason I liked the game, having the ability to instruct some of your companions in the force.

Hopefully people will like this thread :) Discuss!

Well, I haven't seen anyone post anything like this, so I'll do it myself.

I would like to know more about how the Jedi Order was rebuilt after the events of Kotor 2 and before Swtor. I especially want to know more about the characters that rebuilt it whom you trained in the game, being that that is most of the Reason I liked the game, having the ability to instruct some of your companions in the force.

Hopefully people will like this thread :) Discuss!

I always believed there were more Jedi Masters in hiding that returned after the Sith Civil War ended to help. The game implied there still were some out there and I get the impression that if the characters trained by the Exile were all that was left of the Jedi then they would have created a very different Order than the one before. None of them (except Micall and maybe Brianna) fit the traditional Jedi mold, which is what made them so interesting.

And we know from Tor and other stories set in the Old Republic that they didn't so drastically change until Luke Skywalker's era.

Edited by OldVengeance

Only mical since canon jedi exile was a female and brianna only joins you if you are a male.

Futhermore it was hinted by kreia that micall will sit in the new jedi council and will never forget Meetra Surik.

She train him in the ways of jedi after all.

The jedi who rebuild the order was Meetra Surik apprentices Visas Marr, Atton Rand and Micall ( Brianna if you were a male ), I am not certain for mira since she gone to help people, do not know if that meant rebuilding the jedi order and helping people over the planets in the galaxy.

As kreia said : "they were the lost jedi on which the future will be built".

I hope it answers the question to your satisfaction.

You can always check info about MeetraSurik

Edited by Sewerus

Only mical since canon jedi exile was a female and brianna only joins you if you are a male.

Futhermore it was hinted by kreia that micall will sit in the new jedi council and will never forget Meetra Surik.

She train him in the ways of jedi after all.

The Handmaiden is still canon. In the canon version of the tale, she traveled with the Exile just as Mical did. She replaced Atris as historian in the reformed Order, even.

The Handmaiden is still canon. In the canon version of the tale, she traveled with the Exile just as Mical did. She replaced Atris as historian in the reformed Order, even.

If you check wookipedia about Meetra Surik it is hinted that brianna only met with exile when she arrived at atris secret base.

I read all and I am in a pinch lol, in one part it is hinted that Meetra Surik met brianna only one time but earlier in the article there is an information that she traveled with surik despite her being a female.

So I have trouble understanding which is the correct answer.

Edited by Sewerus

Ok, maybe I didn't make this thread easy enough to understand.... I tend to do that haha. What I'm saying is, is that I just wonder who rebuilt the Jedi Order, as the Lost Jedi couldn't have done it all by themselves, and maybe if there were any other conflicts or anything during that 300 years between the games. I was hoping people could discuss what may have happened, or how they would like to see things happen. And how they would prefer the stories to be told, such as Video Games, Novels, Comics, or Movies?

No, Brianna traveling with Meetra is canon, according to several sourcebooks. Personally, I always figured Mical (Disciple) became the Grand Master, and some surviving Jedi Masters came out of hiding (possibly Jolee and Juhani), and they made a new Jedi Order from scratch. It's been confirmed that Deesra, the Twi'lek Jedi from KOTOR, survived, and thus he likely joined as well. Atton and Bao-Dur always struck me as fitting the Jedi mold - Atton abandoning his past to become a Jedi only to protect Meetra - pretty selfless. And Bao-Dur finally released his hatred of the Mandalorians and guilt over Malachor, so he grasped the concept of not letting your emotions control you. Brianna always seemed like a battlemaster to me, though it's confirmed that she became an archivist. And Mira...well, Kreia says she'll die many years in the future, protecting the innocent, with no regrets - can you show me a better example of a Jedi? And Visas was loyal to Meetra to the end, so she'd likely stay in the Order no matter what.

There were plenty of Jedi left to restore the order (As in at least 1), they just needed the Sith gone and the galaxy ready for them to return. I figured the Exile's band was most likely the proactive group in kick starting it as they were the most recently taught and eager to fulfill Surik's wishes.

Ok, maybe I didn't make this thread easy enough to understand.... I tend to do that haha. What I'm saying is, is that I just wonder who rebuilt the Jedi Order, as the Lost Jedi couldn't have done it all by themselves, and maybe if there were any other conflicts or anything during that 300 years between the games. I was hoping people could discuss what may have happened, or how they would like to see things happen. And how they would prefer the stories to be told, such as Video Games, Novels, Comics, or Movies?

According to the quests I've done on my JK, Revan's and the Exile's disciples (jedi companions from KotOR 1 and 2) reformed the jedi order with a bit of help from a couple of lingering jedi from the jedi civil wars. All Council members before the jedi rebuilt died (except maybe the one in charge of the handmaidens. Dont remeber)

I didn't mean as in they weren't noble enough to be Jedi, I just meant their manner, personality don't really come across as one conventionally imagines a Jedi Master like. If they alone taught the next generation of Jedi I don't see the formality or strict adherence to rules being quite as prevalently passed on.

I am hoping when or rather if they bring in Dantooine as a planet, there will be much more information about how Surik, her Disciples and with the help of others, rebuilt the Order, there is a massively severe lack of information and importance put on the people that are the reason for there being an Order in the first place.