Force Camo Stealth Level

Cempa

I have a BH with the +2 stealth detection talents 2/2 and I can see stealth players from well over +20m unless it is a Marauder using Force Camo, why?

The Marauder can be 10m away and I wouldn't see him until he is within melee range!

the functionality of Sent/Mara force camo is different from the actual stealth classes. My shadow has talents he can spec to increase movement speed and how hard he is to detect, and has a power that briefly improves the level of stealth.

Sents, on the other hand can't do any of that. They get camo, and that's pretty much it as far as their detectability goes.

Is this a bug or working as intended?

Stealth Vs Invisibility kind of thing?

Working as intended. You can detect stealth classes because they can sit stealthed for as long as they want. Sents only have a few seconds of stealth. More likely than not, you saw them enter stealth, and since you're a ranged class, they'll more likely than not be still be in range when they come out.

I don't think you can detect it...I never can even with improved detection.

sadly i can never find where they went either

Well, first, you have to step inside the mind of the Marauder. Would he run left? Or would he run right? I just need to drop my stealth scan in the rig.... OMG HE'S RIGHT BEHIND MEE!!!!!

Force Camo says:

Obscures yourself with the Force, becoming difficult to detect, reducing your threat towards all enemies, reducing all damage taken by 50%, and increasing movement speed by 30%. Lasts 4 seconds. Dealing direct damage ends the effect prematurely.

When you compare that to force cloak:

Uses the Force to make you vanish from sight, immediately exiting combat and entering stealth mode. For 10 seconds, you become virtually undetectable, but all healing done and received is decreased by 100%.

Although the wording is not the same (difficult to detect vs virtually undetectable) the lack of any numbers of back end explanation leads me to believe these are the exact same mechanic. You can only be detected by NPCs with the specific ability to do so, the number roll is ignored.

By contrast, when the skill using the existing mechanic (stealth level vs detection level roll) but makes you harder to detect, it tells you the numbers:

Blackout

Instant

Cooldown: 60s

Increases your stealth level by 15 for 8 seconds. Only usable in stealth mode.

Edited by lexiekaboom

Well, first, you have to step inside the mind of the Marauder. Would he run left? Or would he run right? I just need to drop my stealth scan in the rig.... OMG HE'S RIGHT BEHIND MEE!!!!!

And sometimes I'm right in front of you :) depends on the situation. sometimes its RUN FOREST RUN! sometimes its, make fast for that healing node, sometimes when I know I'm going to die....find the lowest HP person around and stick them with my glow bat....

The problem is that when they reappear you don't auto-target them, even if you haven't selected a target since they vanished. And the horrible tab targeting makes it so they might get a few free attacks while you are just trying to target them depending on how many people are around.

This needs clarification, I was +50m away as a group of the opposing team was approaching, an Operative went into stealth and the Marauder used Force Camo, since I had invested 2/2 into stealth detection I was able to see the Operative +2x m away but could not see the Marauder at all.

This is the sort of thing designers/developers should expand on.

This needs clarification, I was +50m away as a group of the opposing team was approaching, an Operative went into stealth and the Marauder used Force Camo, since I had invested 2/2 into stealth detection I was able to see the Operative +2x m away but could not see the Marauder at all.

This is the sort of thing designers/developers should expand on.

No they shouldn't. It lasts for 4 seconds, it is not a viable means for stealth movement. It's just a short burst for hiding or running past you when coming to you from behind an obstacle. Also, using any AOE-attack will reveal them.

As far as I know when I use force camo I am undetectable similar to my operative popping emergency cloaking screen which is a 10 second invisibility.

However if you do it fast, any AoE damage will reveal force camo while emergency cloaking screen has a 10 second grace period (you will still take damage however).