Anybody else think it sucks...

Gornn

...that in order to trade for war hero gear you need the exact item in Battlemaster? As opposed to a battlemaster set.

So if you decided to roll with 2 different set bonuses of two...and then changed your mind and decided you actually wanted a set of four...you'd need to buy the BM first of the two you didnt have?

Why so particular? I grinded out battlemaster gear...now I need to grind it again, even though I have it all and I wanna switch. Fantastic.

why would you want to keep Battlemaster gear? Its stats aren't even comparable...if you just want the Shell find a crafter to make the Shell for you and stuff your WH mods into it and pay the price. PVE'ers have to do pretty much the same thing..either have two sets to play with to get th elook & best stat set up or spend alot of cash swapping it around.

I just got the orange augmented set crafted and then move the mods into it. The set bonus follows the mods, not the actual piece so it doesn't matter. You can have both 2 set bonuses like you did without grinding anything.

...that in order to trade for war hero gear you need the exact item in Battlemaster? As opposed to a battlemaster set.

So if you decided to roll with 2 different set bonuses of two...and then changed your mind and decided you actually wanted a set of four...you'd need to buy the BM first of the two you didnt have?

Why so particular? I grinded out battlemaster gear...now I need to grind it again, even though I have it all and I wanna switch. Fantastic.

I had to buy 3 sets of BM gloves to trade for WH gloves to get the mods I wanted from the WH gear and still keep my 2-set bonuses. So yeah I feel your pain.

I don't want to keep it.

I have one set of BM (enforcer). I decided I'm going to go to a different set for WH (field tech).

In order to do that I need to buy all of the second set in Field Tech *just* so I can trade it in for Field Tech WH which leaves me stuck with four pieces of BM enforcer gear doing nothing.

If you have a BM piece, boots for example, you should be able to trade it for whichever boots you want.

why would you want to keep Battlemaster gear? Its stats aren't even comparable...if you just want the Shell find a crafter to make the Shell for you and stuff your WH mods into it and pay the price. PVE'ers have to do pretty much the same thing..either have two sets to play with to get th elook & best stat set up or spend alot of cash swapping it around.

I don't think this person understood the topic.

Say he has a DPS set and decides to respec to heals. He has to go grinde a Battle master healing set to obtain the Warhero set. You can't just trade any Battle master piece for the set you want at the time.

The system sucks.

I think it sucks that you have to trade the gear at all. It's mine, and the grind to get the ranked WZ comms takes long enough anyway. I get that they are trying to make you progress through gear levels, but do they really think someone is going to buy Recruit gear, and just say "Eh, I'll just skip BM and save up for WH." That is a long time of getting just stomped in WZs. And even if there are people willing to just AFK it for hours at a time to save up for WH, again why do I have to trade it in? Make it so you have to have it in your inventory, but don't have to give it up.

IMHO Marauder WH gear AND PVE gear is just silly looking (My god what is with all the capes!), you can either look like a comic book supervillian WH, or a Decepticon PVE. Whereas the BM gear looks kind of cool. That is reason enough for me to rip all the WH mods out and throw them in BM gear. Oh wait, I don't have Snythweaving or access to guildies who do? Sweet I can grind for 2 sets of BM, or hope I run across some on the GTN which will cost 1 mil easy without augment slots, plus the expense of actually removing the mods which I have never seen but I'm sure is ridiculous for a lvl 61 mod.

It's like a car dealership that won't sell you a new car unless you give them your old one, but won't give you any trade in money.

Edited by criminalheretic

I don't think this person understood the topic.

Say he has a DPS set and decides to respec to heals. He has to go grinde a Battle master healing set to obtain the Warhero set. You can't just trade any Battle master piece for the set you want at the time.

The system sucks.

I think you're right but thats okay.

You're right it sucks big time. And it makes no sense. Your dps to heals analogy is an excellent one.

I think it sucks. I went tanky spec early on and later realised that tanky is useless in PvP because they don't mitigate critical hits. Sadly, I'm stuck with tank spec because of gear.

What sucks most about it is the fact that they change sub-stat modifiers throughout the progression (i.e. say you use crit/suge and power/surge on your gear from one tier, those pieces which came with these stats typically no longer have them). I mean good god! My poor madness sorc. has NO USE for alacrity, yet it seems like every BM piece I used to avoid alacrity turns into a WH piece WITH alacrity... grr. Tack on the fact that sorcerers lose a lot of willpower when upgrading from BM to WH earpiece and implants and certain gears (and the few gears that actually increase it, dont increase it by much) - in total, I lose about 60 willpower (+9% of that due to talents + buff) and I think I gain a total of 36 endurance. Meh. Oh well, at least we can supplement with augments now.

I just got the orange augmented set crafted and then move the mods into it. The set bonus follows the mods, not the actual piece so it doesn't matter. You can have both 2 set bonuses like you did without grinding anything.

Not if you want the higher WP from the Force Mystic Mod but the set bonus from the Survivor gear. If you put in the armor mod that changes the set.

But this is likely as intended, just makes it more of a grind to customize your stats and bonuses.