Power Tech's out dps Merc's

Kelenan

Can't we all just get along lol. I think Aerro is the man when it comes to PVE and Arsenal, which is the way I raid. I think the OP has some valid points when it comes to Merc vs. Pyro PT in pvp as well. Pyro PT reminds me of how overpowered Operatives were before the Surge and Operative nerf.

If you got hit by a geared Operative, you were stunned and dead in about 4-6 seconds. Right now, a good to decent Pyro PT can kill just about anyone in 4-6 seconds. I believe they are spamming flameburst, but when it happens to me or I see it happen to someone else, they are moving and spamming a flame thrower like effect about 4 times and the person dies. You can't cleanse it and heal through it, you just die.

There isn't any other class/advanced class combo that can kill me like that in the game right now that fast. To preface, I am Bodyguard healing for pvp.

How do you fix it? I don't know. Merc need an interrupt and an adjustment to our damage output. Luckily, the Arsenal spec didn't get the heat generation issues that Bodyguard has now in PVP and PVE.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole point of this thread which it seems has degenerated into a flame war..is ..wait what was it??..Oh yeah the fact that a Powertech (dps) completely owns a Merc (dps) in pvp (not PVE forget about pve). In addition to owning said Merc in said pvp, they also survive a hell of a lot longer, and have much more utility. Hell I've been in many WZ where I am playing against Imperials and I actually know the Powertech on the other team is speced for tank (meaning not dps) and they will still out dps mercs that are speced dps (meaning not heals)... That is something that needs to be fixed.

talking PVP only here but some of you people are too focused on stats and how much damage your putting out over other players. I will note damage is important but its not the MOST important, as a Merc myself and mainly a PVPer i know how to play my class, used correctly Mercs are deadly.