Power Tech's out dps Merc's

Kelenan

Everyone knows by now how the Power Tech out dps's Merc's. Power Tech's get all the utility, and a shield and still out dps Merc's even though Merc's are suppose to be the dps class of the bounty hunter.

Merc's also do not get any interrupts at all. There's an imbalance there, the only class in the game without an interrupt. Merc's can't for the most part even hold their own 1 vs 1 with any other class similarly geared.

But enough about that, I just want to see Merc's in the same ball park as Power Tech's. I would love to see Merc's atleast scaled up to the dps that Power Tech's can do.

Seems only right in my opinion. As far as the interrupt and the utility I am not hopeful BioWare will do any at all to balance those things out.

To tell you the truth I will be very amazed if BioWare does anything to balance Merc's with just the Power Tech's at all.

Edited by Kelenan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows by now how the Power Tech out dps's Merc's. Power Tech's get all the utility, and a shield and still out dps Merc's even though Merc's are suppose to be the dps class of the bounty hunter.

Merc's also do not get any interrupts at all. There's an imbalance there, the only class in the game without an interrupt. Merc's can't for the most part even hold their own 1 vs 1 with any other class similarly geared.

But enough about that, I just want to see Merc's in the same ball park as Power Tech's. I would love to see Merc's atleast scaled up to the dps that Power Tech's can do.

Seems only right in my opinion. As far as the interrupt and the utility I am not hopeful BioWare will do any at all to balance those things out.

To tell you the truth I will be very amazed if BioWare does anything to balance Merc's with just the Power Tech's at all.

PvE wise, Powertechs cannot touch an Arsenal merc in DPS. I do 1400-1600 DPS in HM 16 EC. A powertech can't hit those numbers.

Sadly true. Powertech version of pyro is so much better than mercs it's not even funny. (pvp perspective).

They have talents to increase railshot damage by 6% and ignore 60% armor...meaning they can do 4.5k-5k railshots. I'm maxing at about 3.5k as a fully geared merc with 1.7k aim 1.3k expertise 75 surge, not to mention our PPA procs are casts and theirs are instants, plus they have explosive fuel, 25% crit boost cooldown. So much better burst.

In tier one we get a talent for 1/2/3% accuraccy, or 2/4% alacrity

They instead get 100% combustible proc chance on a no-cooldown instant ability.

wat. just wat.

I'd love it if our pyro was rebalanced to at least be as good as their version.

PvE wise, Powertechs cannot touch an Arsenal merc in DPS. I do 1400-1600 DPS in HM 16 EC. A powertech can't hit those numbers.

Ya I don't PVE much I PVP. Thats the part of the game I want to play and be competitive. So what a Merc can do in an instance really does not matter to me or the balancing I am requesting for the class.

After all I joined a PVP server not a PVE server.

Yeah it's pretty bad when a class that are ment for tank, can spec dps and just DESTROY merc's dps! i mean come on...... What is bioware doing? this don't make sense anymore.

Powertechs aren't a "class that are meant for tank". They are an advanced class that has the ability to tank or dps, just like we are an advanced class with the ability to heal or dps. Whether they're better than us or not is irrelevant (they are and I'm not disagreeing with you), your posts are making us all look dumb, please stop it.

Edited by Sinsavz

I find that over the long term the 2 are about the same. When it comes to burst Powertechs destroy mercs hands down. Probably 30%-50% more DPS with in a 10 second burst window.

A biochems/PT can rail shot up to 6K crit if he is lucky. About the same as when we got a lucky crit heatseaker before 1.2c

Edited by MrSIlverSurfing

I find that over the long term the 2 are about the same. When it comes to burst Powertechs destroy mercs hands down. Probably 30%-50% more DPS with in a 10 second burst window.

A biochems/PT can rail shot up to 6K crit if he is lucky. About the same as when we got a lucky crit heatseaker before 1.2c

I hit up to 6k rail shots currently. My HSM with every popped will do 7.3k. Without cooldowns, HSM does 6.5k.

Arsenal > PT in the long run, actually. We have a fully geared PT who is DPS and he does about 1250 DPS... on a good night he does 1300.

I do 1400-1600.

I hit up to 6k rail shots currently. My HSM with every popped will do 7.3k. Without cooldowns, HSM does 6.5k.

I don't believe any of those numbers. You would have to have a ridiculous amount of power making your crit and accuracy non-existant to go along with your fully augmented full campaign gear in every slot to even begin to approach them.

I don't believe any of those numbers. You would have to have a ridiculous amount of power making your crit and accuracy non-existant to go along with your fully augmented full campaign gear in every slot to even begin to approach them.

http://www.torparse.com/a/32006/29

Video for parse:

You were saying?

Next week I will have over 2200 aim buffed. Right now my power is barely breaking 700. I have 37% crit and 73% crit multiplier.

Yeah, that just happened.

20:51:21.273 Aerro's Heatseeker Missiles critcally hits Zorn for 6575* kinetic damage, causing 6575 threat!

No cooldowns.

My average crit for Rail Shot is about 4500-4600. These are not including the 15% damage increase for burn phases. I did not have the marauder in my group for all of those parses because we completely forgot.

Edited by Aerro

http://www.torparse.com/a/32006/29

Video for parse:

You were saying?

Next week I will have over 2200 aim buffed. Right now my power is barely breaking 700. I have 37% crit and 73% crit multiplier.

Yeah, that just happened.

20:51:21.273 Aerro's Heatseeker Missiles critcally hits Zorn for 6575* kinetic damage, causing 6575 threat!

No cooldowns.

My average crit for Rail Shot is about 4500-4600. These are not including the 15% damage increase for burn phases. I did not have the marauder in my group for all of those parses because we completely forgot.

Im in this with you tbh.Our dmg is fine,more than fine actually.But on pvp and pvp speaking only,we are so unable to build up our dmg its not even funny....We need huge babysit from a healer(which though is welcomed with our +8% more healing received,9% if u max makos affection, IF u put points into it)...we also need the interrupt ability...yes we do.

But dmg,dmg is fine

Yeah it's pretty bad when a class that are ment for tank, can spec dps and just DESTROY merc's dps! i mean come on...... What is bioware doing? this don't make sense anymore.

Merc's are not "The DPS BH class", they can heal in the same way that powertech can tank.

Both should be comparable in potential DPS, and they are. Very different playstyles as intended

Yeah it's pretty bad when a class that is meant for healing, can spec DPS and DESTROY PT DPS!

See? I can do it too, doesn't make it true.

Edited by Recon_Grim

Merc's are not "The DPS BH class", they can heal in the same way that powertech can tank.

Both should be comparable in potential DPS, and they are. Very different playstyles as intended

No they are not. Any Power Tech will out dps any Merc in similar gear. It has been that way since launch.

No they are not. Any Power Tech will out dps any Merc in similar gear. It has been that way since launch.

For PvP, yes.

For PvE, no.

I am near full campaign as well as our power tech... he cannot match me in DPS... ever.

For PvP, yes.

For PvE, no.

I am near full campaign as well as our power tech... he cannot match me in DPS... ever.

I'll say it again, I PVP, I do not PVE, I really made this thread to address the disparage between Power Tech, and Merc in the PVP arena.

I'll say it again, I PVP, I do not PVE, I really made this thread to address the disparage between Power Tech, and Merc in the PVP arena.

This thread isn't about *you*. You didn't specify in the OP what it was pertaining to, either. You stated: powertech vs mercenary.

This thread isn't about *you*. You didn't specify in the OP what it was pertaining to, either. You stated: powertech vs mercenary.

Think most complaints about powertechs have been in the PvP scope. OP should have probably prefaced that to begin with, but that's where most of the rants are coming in from.

I don't think it's right to compare ourselves to Powertechs...

Mercenary just have a different play style that works fine in PvE, but is a bad joke in PvP and this is not PT fault, I swear! :rolleyes:

Currently Mercs just lack the tools/utilities for a competitive PvP, and can be easily disabled. No matter where I go I always seem to be "1st priority target" since Merc just goes down easily...

Personally I think, at least Arsenal, needs to have a temporary "Interrupt immunity" or "cast shortening" (like sorcs) in form of a buff, sounds fair since we don't get a Interrupt like every other class around...

For PvP, yes.

For PvE, no.

maybe it's your powertech? i hit 1500 dps on 8m and my gear isn't optimal yet, thats as AP though i'd expect pyro to be better in a full 16 man setup (all armour debuffs) but haven't had the opportunity to test it.

Right now in 8 man pre stacking advanced flamthrower and movement stacking (flamesweep in movement phases) allows me to beat our better geared marauder, and when it comes to aoe it's not even close.

maybe it's your powertech? i hit 1500 dps on 8m and my gear isn't optimal yet, thats as AP though i'd expect pyro to be better in a full 16 man setup (all armour debuffs) but haven't had the opportunity to test it.

Right now in 8 man pre stacking advanced flamthrower and movement stacking (flamesweep in movement phases) allows me to beat our better geared marauder, and when it comes to aoe it's not even close.

As of 1.2c, the Armor Debuffs no longer stack as they did before. However, our Powertech is extremely good. We are clearing content at a world competitive pace so we do not have room for players who are sub-par. No one is carried.

My DPS tops off at 2700 about 2min into the fight but then it goes downhill after that. On fights that involve a lot of 'sit and wait' like Kephess (waiting for adds to spawn, etc), I'm still pulling ~1400 DPS. On a target dummy my DPS is 1650+ for a 5min duration. Many parses show that Pyro just cannot compare to Arsenal in a raid environment.

However, if you are Powertech... you really have no other option and Pyro is obviously the best route to take if you are wanting to do DPS- I cannot argue that.

I provide evidence where as you provide nothing but your own reasoning, which has little meaning in this thread.

You made my point, your just here to argue for arguments sake.

Everyone that PVP's with a merc or a Power Tech knows full well the disparage between the 2 classes dps. It is common knowledge.

Edited by Arzhanin
Rude comments