The Forge

Halinmonk

I really don't get this part of the Jedi Counsular storyline: why dose everyone act like Nalen taking out the Forge will end the ability of the Jedi to create lightsabers? It's not like the thing is necessary for their creation, I can't imagine it's destruction having any real impact on the Jedi except symbolically.

I really don't get this part of the Jedi Counsular storyline: why dose everyone act like Nalen taking out the Forge will end the ability of the Jedi to create lightsabers? It's not like the thing is necessary for their creation, I can't imagine it's destruction having any real impact on the Jedi except symbolically.

It ruins a Jedi tradition though, I'd imagine.

I'm sure there's alot more to it. But I imagine that's the heart of it, as all Jedi go there for a peaceful source of meditation.

In my mind, I think that it's more of a morale blow to the Jedi than anything else.

Of course, Flesh Raiders seem to control it anyways. That'd be like an enemy nation capturing the White House from the U.S., THEN terroritsts blow it up.

Only thing I can figure is it's Jedi-drama. They really really don't like changes in tradition; kinda inflexible in a lot of ways that don't make sense. So while a practical Jedi (like my JK) is sitting there going "dude, I can put these pieces together pretty much anywhere it's quiet so I can concentrate" the Council is insisting that "if we can't do it at the Forge, we do it nowhere!"

Ok, that may be an exaggeration, but the Council's lack of common sense is getting to me lately.

Only thing I can figure is it's Jedi-drama. They really really don't like changes in tradition; kinda inflexible in a lot of ways that don't make sense. So while a practical Jedi (like my JK) is sitting there going "dude, I can put these pieces together pretty much anywhere it's quiet so I can concentrate" the Council is insisting that "if we can't do it at the Forge, we do it nowhere!"

Ok, that may be an exaggeration, but the Council's lack of common sense is getting to me lately.

Once you lose your traditions, your customs, your way of life..what are you?

Nothing.

Sure they can overreact or not react at all in some instances..but they have good reason to after losing so much in the last war.

Edited by DeutschGamer

Once you lose your traditions, your customs, your way of life..what are you?

Nothing.

Sure they can overreact or not react at all in some instances..but they have good reason to after losing so much in the last war.

Traditions aren't a bad thing. Customs and a deeply meaningful way of life provide a well-travelled path to walk upon, one that is sure and rich in many ways.

However, when you believe that you are nothing without said traditions and customs, you become very vulnerable to change. Being flexible and able to adapt to new circumstances is essential for surviving long-term. Which, I believe, is an issue the Jedi Order struggles with throughout its history. In many ways it is a hidebound institution, but you do see changes every now and again.

Traditions aren't a bad thing. Customs and a deeply meaningful way of life provide a well-travelled path to walk upon, one that is sure and rich in many ways.

However, when you believe that you are nothing without said traditions and customs, you become very vulnerable to change. Being flexible and able to adapt to new circumstances is essential for surviving long-term. Which, I believe, is an issue the Jedi Order struggles with throughout its history. In many ways it is a hidebound institution, but you do see changes every now and again.

And your views of change and adaptation can lead to unexplainable variables that could negatively affect Jedi and their teachings. Enough of a change could set upon them in ruin, leading to the dark side taking root.

That is why they stick to their traditions as they are afraid, rightfully so, to go outside of the light's embrace.

And your views of change and adaptation can lead to unexplainable variables that could negatively affect Jedi and their teachings. Enough of a change could set upon them in ruin, leading to the dark side taking root.

That is why they stick to their traditions as they are afraid, rightfully so, to go outside of the light's embrace.

It's true, change is riskier than sticking to the tried and true, although I would argue that it is a losing strategy in systems where there is an enormous amount of change going on externally. However, I think that you're right on the money as far as why the Jedi Order doesn't like change and why they freak out over broken traditions - fear of the dark side. Fear....kinda ironic :)