Any point rolling commando over a sniper?

SajPl

Healing is inferior to the other AC, ammo managment is a joke.

Gunnery is shut down by 1 interrupt.

Assault while being fairly ok is exactly that average in damage and totally lacking insurvivability.

Now a sniper has a 5gravity vortex (3 grav rounds) armor debuff+a healing debuff, cant be interrupted and the comparing to Assault, snipers dots can melt 10k hp on their own, assault witll take 3k hp if lucky. On top of that the sniper has a cc immunity (20sec), is allways uninterruptible when in cover, has superior defensive cooldowns, better CC, same mobility, better resource managment and can fairly succesfully caounter marauders (try that as commando).

Is there any role BW sees for the commando or its supposed to be just a joke?

This is not a QQ thread im simply asking if in terms of pvp there is ANY reason to chose commando over a sniper/gunslinger?

Assault while being fairly ok is exactly that average in damage and totally lacking insurvivability.

Now a sniper has a 5gravity vortex (3 grav rounds) armor debuff+a healing debuff, cant be interrupted and the comparing to Assault, snipers dots can melt 10k hp on their own, assault witll take 3k hp if lucky. On top of that the sniper has a cc immunity (20sec), is allways uninterruptible when in cover, has superior defensive cooldowns, better CC, same mobility, better resource managment and can fairly succesfully caounter marauders (try that as commando).

This is not a QQ thread im simply asking if in terms of pvp there is ANY reason to chose commando over a sniper/gunslinger?

I don't play one myself, but I have to say, at the moment I would roll ANY other class over a commando. They are (in my eyes) the weakest class by far, with any spec.

Pyro is maybe close to competitive, but with a vanguard you get the same spec, just better.

Edited by iphobia

In general I agree sniper now is the best pvp class for warzones, by far better than any other classes.

The only advantages commando has is the ability to do better damage on the move and also better AOE.

The grass is greener in neighbour's garden.

Sniper has niche, DPS commando has it too.

Try pew pew with sniper at assasins, especially when they on you. You probably would say gosh why my attacks are not tech and where is my additional 35 % armor ignore.

Then you will probably want to dispel some crap here and there, and heal a bit behind a pillar. Wait a minute, you can't lol.

The grass is greener in neighbour's garden.

Sniper has niche, DPS commando has it too.

Try pew pew with sniper at assasins, especially when they on you. You probably would say gosh why my attacks are not tech and where is my additional 35 % armor ignore.

Then you will probably want to dispel some crap here and there, and heal a bit behind a pillar. Wait a minute, you can't lol.

Agaisnt the assasin that can clense all dots and be immune to all tech attacks ? What good is a commando against that ? And id rather have legshot, because i wont heal myself anyway having a marauder (for example) on me.

The armor penetration is from gunnery, considered the worst tree for pvp (shut down by 1 interrrupt).

Edited by SajPl

Agaisnt the assasin that can clense all dots and be immune to all tech attacks ? What good is a commando against that ? And id rather have legshot, because i wont heal myself anyway having a marauder (for example) on me.

The armor penetration is from gunnery, considered the worst tree for pvp (shut down by 1 interrrupt).

He is immune for 5 sec to tech and has 20 passive dodge to ranged all the time plus 12 sec of 50 % ranged dodge with addition to 45 % armor dmr.

So I would be pounding assa with commando from 30 m rather then sniper anytime.

Assa will down both in 1 on 1 so no big deal in situation of 1 on 1.

You can not believe me but when my sniper has a mara on him I literally can do **** for like 9 sec because of obfuscate alone even leg shot.

Edited by BambulaGTS

The answer is pretty obvious bro

My merc has been basically shelved since 1.2 Valor 68 BM pre 1.2.

Merc/Commando is the worst AC at the moment in the game. Inferior to every other class in every way possible.

So yes, roll a sniper. As for heals, roll an operative. Also superior to heal spec merc/commando in every way.

Sorry if my republic class terminology is wrong, I play Imp only.

He is immune for 5 sec to tech and has 20 passive dodge to ranged all the time plus 12 sec of 50 % ranged dodge with addition to 45 % armor dmr.

So I would be pounding assa with commando from 30 m rather then sniper anytime.

Assa will down both in 1 on 1 so no big deal in situation of 1 on 1.

You can not believe me but when my sniper has a mara on him I literally can do **** for like 9 sec because of obfuscate alone even leg shot.

I see people have come down on the armor of tankasins a bit, but they're just not quite there yet.

At first everyone said Assassins had the highest mitigation in the game, OVER 50% ARMOR.

Now they're at 45% in this thread. Getting closer, but still not what is in the game. Actual in game armor? 40-42% (Should be at right about 42% if you had WH gear in every slot).

In exchange, tankasin passive defense apparently went up on the forums though! =P

Now they're up to 20% on the forums even though in game...sadly still at 16%

Healing for commando/merc is just as good if not better than the other AC's for pvp.

If your looking for mostly DPS though, definitely go gunslinger/sniper.