Force Rush tweak

LarryRow

As a quick reminder, 2 points in Force Rush gives Overhead Slash a 100% chance to give you a 60% chance to make your next Dispatch or Blade Strorm a crit.

I am a little disappointed in the lack of certainty in this skill. I would much prefer a 60% chance for a guaranteed crit. I want to see the buff and know that when I press the button I will get a crit. The overall crit chance bonus remains unchanged but this arguably makes proper use of this ability more skillful.

It's better as is, because currently it's a guaranteed chance for +60% crit. The "+" there is very important.

By your system, Blade Storm and Dispatch would effectively have a 60% chance to proc a 100% crit - so the net crit rate on those abilities would be 60%.

By the current system, if you're running at a 30% crit rate (easily doable at 50 with the Op/Smuggler buff), you have a guaranteed proc that gives you a 30% + 60% = 90% chance to crit with your next Blade Storm or Dispatch. This is pretty darned close to a guaranteed proc for a guaranteed crit. Net crit rate with those abilities: 90%.

In addition, since the proc is guaranteed, you can alternate your abilities to keep the buff on close to constantly, instead of potentially being put in a situation where you're fishing for a proc and wasting opportunities.

You also missed that force rush increases the crit chance of those 2 abilities for 9 seconds and does not say "next blade storm or dispatch." You'll notice that the buff isn't consumed on use.

If it is, you could argue it's frustrating because you could potentially waste the buff on a non-crit blade storm/dispatch, but no, it won't. The buff will stay there. Whereas if it is designed as you say, 60% chance of getting the buff, then the uptime of the buff will be significantly less.

You also missed that force rush increases the crit chance of those 2 abilities for 9 seconds and does not say "next blade storm or dispatch." You'll notice that the buff isn't consumed on use.

If it is, you could argue it's frustrating because you could potentially waste the buff on a non-crit blade storm/dispatch, but no, it won't. The buff will stay there. Whereas if it is designed as you say, 60% chance of getting the buff, then the uptime of the buff will be significantly less.

This.

when bosses get to their final 30%, I generally crit both my blade storm AND my dispatch. I run around at 33% crit unbuffed, so with the snuggler buff, and force rush, they both have about 98% crit chance. its very rare that I see them not crit lol