Craftable armor dye kits.

WaliceDrel

Sure, but perhaps the ability to change the colour of your gear on the fly via the menu in the character screen would be nice too! :)

I agree, though a consumed craftable adds to the player economy. We could use more crafted consumables.

Sure, but perhaps the ability to change the colour of your gear on the fly via the menu in the character screen would be nice too! :)

Works for me. Anything that would lets me change the color scheme of my clothes would be awesome. Although there is not allot of good stuff to craft right now and making them crafable would be another way to make credits.

Edited by WaliceDrel

Hey, I recently posted a suggestion that built upon not just being about the change the colour of your armour but also the colour pattern and it's style slightly. Just have a look for 'Armour styles moddable' post, would be great to hear any constructive feedback!

I agree, though a consumed craftable adds to the player economy. We could use more crafted consumables.

So long you can use them while they are in the bank, I am fine with it. I just want it to be viable on the fly and not take up bag space.

So long you can use them while they are in the bank, I am fine with it. I just want it to be viable on the fly and not take up bag space.

I am having a hard time picturing this fashion emergency when you would need to change the color of your armor suddenly where you would have to carry the dye kits with you.

There are a lot of items that differ only in colour. For example, Annointed Dramassian Silk (blue) and Stalker (red). For example, the various Onslaught sets (Chanlon, Phobium, Diatium, etc).

There are a lot of items that don't differ in appearance at all. For example, Stalker and Cerebral Battle.

I think it would make the item system better if colour and appearance were seperated.

For example, I get a Stalker chestpiece (red) off the IGTN and dye it blue or green or black.

well, a dye system would be awesome, the match to chest thing is "ok", but very limited. Dys system in Rift was very simple for example, but you could still look awesome (they also had an appearance tab which was very cool, too). Would love to see it in swtor as well.

well, a dye system would be awesome, the match to chest thing is "ok", but very limited. Dys system in Rift was very simple for example, but you could still look awesome (they also had an appearance tab which was very cool, too). Would love to see it in swtor as well.

except about how appearance tabs hurt the economy and dye systems are terrible. as is pointed out in numerous threads that this part pf the community keep creating.

I am having a hard time picturing this fashion emergency when you would need to change the color of your armor suddenly where you would have to carry the dye kits with you.

Not really a "fashion emergency", simply a case of not wanting to carry the dye kits around. I do not want to carry my mats for crafting around either. I usually throw everything I do not need into the bank.

except about how appearance tabs hurt the economy and dye systems are terrible. as is pointed out in numerous threads that this part pf the community keep creating.

Except that this claim is complete and utter hyperbole.

Edited by Sotof

except about how appearance tabs hurt the economyFalse and dye systems are terribleFALSE. as is pointed out in numerous threads that this part pf the community keep creatingFalse 2 or 3 ppl vs the majority does not qualify as numerous. .

You cant make things up and present them as fact and not expect no one to call you out on it.

Unfortunately a dye system would make a ton of armour somewhat redundant because most of it is simply retextured different coloured variants.

Still, I don't think that is a worthy reason to not impliment a dye system as the negatives won't really effect players at all. In the end it would only mean some wasted dev time.

The positives on the other hand are people being far more satisfied with how their character looks which can contribute signficantly to making a person feel attached.

They should just bite the bullet.

As a side note this would have been always been a better system than the match to chest item they have now. For any one piece of armour the current system has to have a library of different textures which are linked and pre chosen depending on your chest piece.

It would have been just as easy an far more statisfying if those links were not made, and we had the choice of which of those textures to apply rather than essentially having a developer assign us our choice*. Please note that this proposed change requires little to no change in art, only a change in how those textures are chosen.

*This is especially bad because so much of the armour in this game is so horrible that there appears to be a fundamental lack of fashion sense among the developers. Like the comment in the recent Q&A defending the system calling a monotone outfit an eyesore. While they are capable of being eyesores, it isn't even close to being inherent. For example take a dress which is designed to be like 90% of an outfit, how many of them are NOT monotone?

Of all the fashion eyesores I can recall not one of them was an eyesore because it was monotone, infact quite often the reverse is true.

Edited by Aram_Darksun

I imagine TOR file system is set up using a Palette system like Galaxies? I notice Unify colors uses Palette like features. If so, they could use a RE system to allow us to attain Dyes parts. For example

Echani Pilot Over Coat is a looted green white Jedi Robe, so i could RE couple of them to gain the "White Dye Component" which can be used in the White Dye Schematic.

this gives Crafters something to Sell that is consumable, and give Looters to sell some stuff on the market.

This is a great idea... in moderation, as has been explained by other in this thread.

As long as people can't go Barnum & Bailey all over the place and break the immesion for folks, this can be a great way to augment the unify colors appearace functionality.

I personally would love to see a Main Color/ Secondary Color (or highlight) palette dye set that can be crafted or sold for commendations.

Maybe some color sets, like Urban/Jungle/Desert/Tundra camo schemes. That would make me happy. :)

Cheers!

You cant make things up and present them as fact and not expect no one to call you out on it.

care to show the ways it will actually help the economy? cause honestly it causes MUCH more harm than good. as it is right now there are many niches with appearance vs utility in regards to crafted gear, most notably with orange gear. even with blues and purples there are ways you can sell, and do it justifiably with how itmezation works. adding an appearance tab destroys every one of those niches since it completely destoys the appearance angle of the gear itself. the few additional niches that are opened for crafted gear that is currently "unwearable" then have to compete with other green drops and general quest rewards. overall this means my profits get considerably slashed.

beyond that, dye systems have only worked well in 1 game. that game had gear specifically designed with that system in mind. to redo that kind of system here would require a complete retexturing of all gear currently in game. otherwise you end up with things like white and black showing as shades of grey, and other colors showing as varying shades due to how texture actually effects appearance. rift especially had this issue. running through the different color options available to attempt to match colors on various outfits was an exercise in frustration.

so before blatantly saying im wrong, please show me how i am? i will more than gladly support you if you can convince me otherwise.