Is it true Scoundrel/Operative DPS is not wanted in Raiding ?

...and that's exactly the problem. DPS Operatives offer absolutely nothing. They are a melee class with no group buffs/debuffs, they have extremely weak defensive abilities causing extra strain on healers, and they have no gap closer limiting their actual effectiveness.

For everyone saying they can still complete content, that means nothing. Stop mistaking "viable" with "useful". As it stands, there is absolutely no point in taking a DPS Operative, and doing so actually makes things harder for your raid group.

do they not provide a combat res or stealth and res mechanic?

Sadly, I feel that this will be changed sometime in the near future. In any case, it's very unreliable as is, considering the number of random AoE attacks flying around. I actually only get it to work maybe 20-30% of the time.

You can't have any HoTs on you, and you can't have HoT's on anyone, or DoT's on the boss. You have to be super conscious of all these things. You also cannot receive healing, so no standing in a sorc puddle or anywhere near it. We pretty much yell in vent "DONT HEAL THAT OPERATIVE" a few times for good measure.

Stealth and rez is very likely an exploit that they've just been too busy to fix. I wouldn't count on it staying around that long. It was possible in wow when it was first released, as I remember doing it in Molten Core. It was fixed fairly quickly. It seems particularly obviously so given that they offer a combat rez that provides a debuff that only allows you to use it so often.

Edited by Seront

Do they not provide reading comprehension classes? I just answered this in a post directly above yours.

You can't have any HoTs on you, and you can't have HoT's on anyone, or DoT's on the boss. You have to be super conscious of all these things. You also cannot receive healing, so no standing in a sorc puddle or anywhere near it. We pretty much yell in vent "DONT HEAL THAT OPERATIVE" a few times for good measure.
Good to know. This pretty much makes it impossible for me though since as a healing Op I pretty much rely on keeping HOTs up on other players. Though I regularly run with a Sin DPS so it's still good to keep in mind, thanks. Edited by hulkweazel

Good to know. This pretty much makes it impossible for me though since as a healing Op I pretty much rely on keeping HOTs up on other players. Though I regularly run with a Sin DPS so it's still good to keep in mind, thanks.

If you know it's going to need to be done, you can do direct healing only for about 10s, then wait for last dots to fall off and camo.