A newbie question about cover

floriwie

Hi,

I have a question about cover keybinding...

When I have a target selected, this green silhouettes appears to show possible hard covers....

Actually most of the time, I don't want to use them and get my portable one because most suggested places bringing me to melee range, but when I use my cover key bind, instead of getting portable one I roll to hard cover....

Is there a way to prevent this? Did I bind to a wrong key?

Secondly, is cover a directional skill, so will it be effective only for my forward cone or 360 degrees....in PVE I see this shield icon over people but I guess on PVP I don't see any markers so I am not sure it works 360 degree or directional....

And third, lets say I am sitting behind my cover and I am not casting anything, am I protected from from incoming damage or only thing I get is this %20 defense chance or what?

Thx for the answers....

You are protected from ranged weapon damage while crouched behind natural cover and not firing. You're portable cover screen does not provide this

You can bind crouch to a key as well. It is called take cover in place in key binds. Bind they 2 separately and learn when to use which.

Protection is a cone in front of you.

I believe the default keybind for cover in place is ctrl+F (shift+F...I switched it on my character), and F is for roll to cover.

You should switch it in the keybindings preferences. The roll to cover IMO is just a pain and often sub-optimal. It's much easier to have cover in place the default option.

I believe the default keybind for cover in place is ctrl+F (shift+F...I switched it on my character), and F is for roll to cover.

You should switch it in the keybindings preferences. The roll to cover IMO is just a pain and often sub-optimal. It's much easier to have cover in place the default option.

I did the same thing. I bound F to take cover in place, and SHIFT-F for roll to cover.